Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Wouldn’t everyone?

Thank you, once again, Nostradamus of the Gridiron. Your astute analysis has enlightened us all to levels we never even imagined.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Wouldn’t everyone?

Thank you, once again, Nostradamus of the Gridiron. Your astute analysis has enlightened us all to levels we never even imagined.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
By Wvflame2013
ballcoach15 wrote:I'd like to see LU get a Special Teams touchdown every game. Whether punt block, fake punt/FG, or kick return.
At least a block, fumble recovery, etc. Even simple things are game changing. I think of beamer ball along with les miles. He always seemed to have a trick up his sleeve.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Still nothing official (or unofficial) about Wimbo? :dontgetit
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Wvflame2013 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I'd like to see LU get a Special Teams touchdown every game. Whether punt block, fake punt/FG, or kick return.
At least a block, fumble recovery, etc. Even simple things are game changing. I think of beamer ball along with les miles. He always seemed to have a trick up his sleeve.

A "trick up sleeve" has been absent from LU football for a long time. A team should run at least one trick play a game.
By Wvflame2013
ballcoach15 wrote:
Wvflame2013 wrote:

A "trick up sleeve" has been absent from LU football for a long time. A team should run at least one trick play a game.

Our trick plays have been going for it on out own 14.... Play Basketball
By CCWMichael
Cider Jim wrote:Still nothing official (or unofficial) about Wimbo? :dontgetit
What is really concerning is I have not heard about any of our ex guys being hired anywhere.
Not sure if that tells us anything given the hiring process can be long. and the expectations of what positions each transferring coach is willing to take.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
You're not going to hear much outside of a tweet from FootballScoop unless someone gets a head job somewhere I would reckon so I'm not that worried
By CCWMichael
BJWilliams wrote:You're not going to hear much outside of a tweet from FootballScoop unless someone gets a head job somewhere I would reckon so I'm not that worried
My thoughts were that typically taken is taken up quickly and I wonder if that is a sign of what talent we were about to re-up for another 5 years.
My presumption would be no FBS schools have jumped so they are now looking lower. Singelary with connections may move somewhere healthy.
By pca0711
Registration Days Posts
Looks like Hugh Freeze is bringing Kent Austin in as co-offensive coordinator / quarterbacks. Guess we will start to hear about the defense soon.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Reference coaches: After last night's "no-show", the Miami Hurricanes might be looking for some coaches. One of worst performances in bowl game history. Miami simply did not come to play. Not to mention, Hurricanes have no D1 QB.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
So, we are down to one opening for a defensive assistant. Most likely a CB guy, with Symons coaching either the safeties or LBs and Wimbo the other.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Wasn't Gill Co-OC when he first got here? He was calling plays and everything.
HF has made it pretty clear he will be very hands on with the offense, just as he always has been, so it really doesn't make much difference what the titles are.
By Class of 20Something
oldflame wrote:So, we are down to one opening for a defensive assistant. Most likely a CB guy, with Symons coaching either the safeties or LBs and Wimbo the other.
I really don't think Wimbo is staying. Nor why anyone wants him to. He was part of the problem. Clean out the defense.

We didn't even offer Monday as a defensive player. We almost missed out on him because of it too.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]