Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Feels great considering all of WVU’s best players were busy prepping for the NFL!
Dana to Houston? I’m ok with it
By tyndal23
Mark Richt - any room for him as some type of consultant/ recruiting type position ( even if it was a remote / not living in Lynchburg ) type role? Would love to have his FL/GA recruiting power steering some good kids our way.
By CCWMichael
PAmedic wrote:These dudes aren’t working with SEC talent here

We should chill a bit. But it’s liberty so we won’t.
I am not aware of any fans of any teams when big talent comes in big results will be expected. That's what they are being paid for.
I'll stick to the hope that we win at least 8 and the next season we should be expecting pushing 10 from there on out.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote:Mark Richt - any room for him as some type of consultant/ recruiting type position ( even if it was a remote / not living in Lynchburg ) type role? Would love to have his FL/GA recruiting power steering some good kids our way.
I received phone call late this afternoon reference Richt coming on board to help with recruiting down south. I believe only Head Coach and the 10 assistants can actually go on road recruiting. Richt could direct LU coaches to his contacts, don't think he could actively recruit. But he can certainly be an asset to LU, regardless of role.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach coming through once again with his hotline phone calls from his sources providing insider intell that you will only get on ASOR. :shock: :clapping
By tyndal23
ballcoach15 wrote:
tyndal23 wrote:Mark Richt - any room for him as some type of consultant/ recruiting type position ( even if it was a remote / not living in Lynchburg ) type role? Would love to have his FL/GA recruiting power steering some good kids our way.
I received phone call late this afternoon reference Richt coming on board to help with recruiting down south. I believe only Head Coach and the 10 assistants can actually go on road recruiting. Richt could direct LU coaches to his contacts, don't think he could actively recruit. But he can certainly be an asset to LU, regardless of role.
Excellent news, when they get him squared away, have your source contact me for an in depth proposal of Annual Veterans Day weekend in Dallas with a game hosted by Liberty in conjunction with Military, City of Dallas consisting of Miltary bands, High School band Patriotic competition, Concert, Military Parade, Military TradeShow putting 30k in seats for game year 1 and sell out year 10 with Sittting Presidents visiting every year by year 3... ( I know they can only do so much at a time, so wait until Richt gets situatated first.... :).
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:Yes. A matter of time. :lol:
Isn’t everything always just a matter of time?
By CCWMichael
Purple Haize wrote:
Purple, could you explain that to my wife?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Purple, could you explain that to my wife?
I do not have a death wish
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I just heard that Bill Gilispie is not being retained as Head Strength and Conditioning coach.
It looks like his stuff is boxed up in the indoor training facility.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
From Coach Gillespie on FB (Don't kid yourself BC)

"Back in 2004 Dr Jerry Falwell asked me to walk away from the NFL and help him fulfill his vision for Liberty football. He asked me to help build the program to reach the big time and we are getting there. But it’s with sadness that I have to inform everyone that I’ve not been retained and I’m going to be stepping away from the football program. I’m not sure what I’m going to do but God has always taken care of me. I have fulfilled my commitment to Dr Falwell and there are going to be some exciting days ahead for Liberty football. I want to send out a special thank you to all of the coaches on the field and in the weight room that I have worked with and the investment you have made in my life. To all the athletes who have played in the past, I want to thank you for all your hard work to get the program to where it is. To all the current football players I would ask that you buy into the new strength coach and work hard for him just as you did for me. I love Liberty University and I believe in what it stands for. God bless Hugh Freeze and the Liberty University football program"
By tyndal23
BJWilliams wrote:From Coach Gillespie on FB (Don't kid yourself BC)

"Back in 2004 Dr Jerry Falwell asked me to walk away from the NFL and help him fulfill his vision for Liberty football. He asked me to help build the program to reach the big time and we are getting there. But it’s with sadness that I have to inform everyone that I’ve not been retained and I’m going to be stepping away from the football program. I’m not sure what I’m going to do but God has always taken care of me. I have fulfilled my commitment to Dr Falwell and there are going to be some exciting days ahead for Liberty football. I want to send out a special thank you to all of the coaches on the field and in the weight room that I have worked with and the investment you have made in my life. To all the athletes who have played in the past, I want to thank you for all your hard work to get the program to where it is. To all the current football players I would ask that you buy into the new strength coach and work hard for him just as you did for me. I love Liberty University and I believe in what it stands for. God bless Hugh Freeze and the Liberty University football program"
Dang it BJ - hate it for him, love the man. He grabbed me and 3 other FB players and put us in a local qualifier then on to Collegiate Nationals - Power Lifting ( while he was assitant under Dave Williams and before he left for Washington Huskies then on to Seattle Seahawks prior to returning to LU ). EVERYONE knows him in the Power Lifting community - absolute beast but humble and a great man. Best of luck Coach - hopefully you still have a position on the mountain doing whatever you want.
By CCWMichael
BJWilliams wrote:From Coach Gillespie on FB (Don't kid yourself BC)

Hard to replace his resume'.
By CCWMichael
I ask myself ...
Self? if he is expendable I find it hard to believe Wimbo is in ..... only time will tell.
By Jonathan Carone
This is a tough one. Bill is the epitome of everything Liberty stands for. He’s incredible at his job. Players and coaches across the board love and respect him.

At the same time, the strength coach interacts with the players more than the actual coaches for a lot of the year. Hugh has to have a guy he knows and trusts in that position. If he has a guy already, it’d be hard for him to retain Bill.

I absolutely hate being in this position, but it’s the nature of the business.
By Class of 20Something
ANorris wrote:Had to know it was coming. Strength coaches are a huge part of changing culture.
:welcome

I agree. I imagine with the FOC upgrade there will be some changes to the weight room too.
By ANorris
Class of 20Something wrote:
ANorris wrote:Had to know it was coming. Strength coaches are a huge part of changing culture.
:welcome

I agree. I imagine with the FOC upgrade there will be some changes to the weight room too.
Thanks! Been meaning to join for a while, had season tickets for a couple years and didn't renew them this year. I'm excited about the change and I'll be back this fall!
By LU 57
Jonathan Carone wrote:This is a tough one. Bill is the epitome of everything Liberty stands for. He’s incredible at his job. Players and coaches across the board love and respect him.

At the same time, the strength coach interacts with the players more than the actual coaches for a lot of the year. Hugh has to have a guy he knows and trusts in that position. If he has a guy already, it’d be hard for him to retain Bill.

I absolutely hate being in this position, but it’s the nature of the business.
+1
Coach Gillespie is an amazing guy and he will be missed. As you said though, Coach Freeze is entitled to have his guy in that role.

A little tough to see him go personally, as he is the last holdover from my time on the Mountain.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Great Man and great S&C coach, but not surprising to me.

Am I wrong, but didn't he announce his retirement 4-5 years ago? I thought he was leaving....
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]