Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
As we hear about additions to the staff it would be great to add them here. I am not aware of any connections to Coach Freeze by current staff members. So any folks retained will be based on their impressions on Coach Freeze and their internal reputations. I know many of us have strong beliefs that certain coaches should be retained for continuity and commitment to the school and its mission. But it will be fun to see what approach Coach Freeze takes.
By Pilotguy24
At the very least, he needs to keep MB. He's been outstanding in developing our RBs. I'm not quite sold on keeping either coordinators. Maybe the guys behind the scenes like Singletary, Stamn, DeArmon, etc.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Im friends with PK and he would go through a brick wall for Stamn and Dailey
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Im friends with PK and he would go through a brick wall for Stamn and Dailey
I’d wager they are gone. This is a big time hire. I suspect big time assistants are on the way.
By Jonathan Carone
One of the phrases that stuck out was Freeze saying "I'm going to bring in some great guys..."

We knew he had his guys, but that's just confirmation from him he'll likely be replacing most of the staff.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I really hope Freeze retains Dearmon and Mike Brown. Everyone else can go as far as I am concerned. How many recruiters can play a duet on the piano like Mike Brown did when he was at Brayden Mondays house.

Brown is a STUD 8)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Keep in mind that Coach Freeze has been unemployed with the majority of his guys now on other staffs. I would suspect that under these unusual circumcstances that at least one and as many of 3-4 guys might be retained at the position or QC level.

Is it just me or would anyone else like to see Coach Freeze calling the plays? His offense in Oxford was fun to watch.
By badger74
Registration Days Posts
Top ACs are very expensive these days. Wonder what level of budget he was given. Many spend well over $4M for ACs.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
badger74 wrote:Top ACs are very expensive these days. Wonder what level of budget he was given. Many spend well over $4M for ACs.
We won´t be spending SEC money on assistants, and we shouldn´t (even if we can). I would imagine we will be in high end G5/low end P5 range.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
According to Damien; Wimbo, Dearmon, Wilkins and Bookbinder were all at the PC.

I would think if you’re about to get fired you wouldn’t show up at a new HC pc? No?

I think we kind of knew Bookbinder was untouchable due to his Baylor connections and maybe Gill might have some influence on keeping Wimbo around.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:According to Damien; Wimbo, Dearmon, Wilkins and Bookbinder were all at the PC.

I would think if you’re about to get fired you wouldn’t show up? No?
If you KNOW you will be fired, probably not. If you HOPE to stay on staff, yes.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I wouldn´t put much stock in who was there and who was not. For all we know, some were on the road recruiting. I know MB was as recently as a day or 2 ago.

At this point, I doubt if any of the assistants are untouchable.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
Great quote from Freeze in the media session this afternoon:
I'm going to meet with everyone (on the current staff). I'm not going to be in a hurry because I've been on that end of it and its not fun. I told my wife this morning as soon as I woke up the only thing I'm dreading about today is the fact that there are families here, that at no fault of their own, are sitting here wondering what does my future hold in my profession. That’s tough for me. My compassion has grown for people after what I've gone through. I don’t wish ill or hurt on anyone whether they like me or don’t like me. I really don’t wish that on anyone. So it's difficult to know that there's some anxious families right now, and I just believe I need to get to know them, see what kind of job they’ve done, do my investigative work into their body of work, and then make decisions. But, obviously being a coach for as long as I have, I have some guys that I really trust in, that I know can help us win, and that’s the reality of this profession.
By Class of 20Something
A Sea of Red wrote:Great quote from Freeze in the media session this afternoon:
I'm going to meet with everyone (on the current staff). I'm not going to be in a hurry because I've been on that end of it and its not fun. I told my wife this morning as soon as I woke up the only thing I'm dreading about today is the fact that there are families here, that at no fault of their own, are sitting here wondering what does my future hold in my profession. That’s tough for me. My compassion has grown for people after what I've gone through. I don’t wish ill or hurt on anyone whether they like me or don’t like me. I really don’t wish that on anyone. So it's difficult to know that there's some anxious families right now, and I just believe I need to get to know them, see what kind of job they’ve done, do my investigative work into their body of work, and then make decisions. But, obviously being a coach for as long as I have, I have some guys that I really trust in, that I know can help us win, and that’s the reality of this profession.

That's it, I'm in.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I want to meet this guy...
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Very dynamic personality, better than any coach at LU, except Dot Richardson. Most LU coaches are secluded
and in their own little world.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Impressive day. The other good thing about bringing some new faces in is it gives us more options down the road should be leave.

Hes off to a good start. Gotta find a good dc for sure.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Very dynamic personality, better than any coach at LU, except Dot Richardson. Most LU coaches are secluded
and in their own little world.
Just when people were starting to say good things about you. Haha
I don't know all the coaches by a long shot but the only one who's public perception might fit that profile just retired.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]