Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By LUDad
Coach signed a five year contract. I for one will take him for his word. I hope his recruits do to.
By cruzan_flame13
gerb wrote:Insight on strength coach philosophy. Start at 7:57.

"Like to produce a very fast, violent football team"

[youtube]X6s48hL7pMA[/youtube]
Gillette would not approve of the man and boy wrestling in the Campbells clinic commercial near the end. “Boys will be boys” is toxic masculinity talk :lol:

On a real note, cant wait for August :football
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:Coach signed a five year contract.
Since when has a contract stopped a good coach from going to a "better" school? :lol:

Freeze was not my first choice, in part because of the chances of him sticking around. He could. I hope he does. I won't be mad if he doesn't, as long as he does it the right way.
By LUDad
alabama24 wrote:
Since when has a contract stopped a good coach from going to a "better" school? :lol:

Freeze was not my first choice, in part because of the chances of him sticking around. He could. I hope he does. I won't be mad if he doesn't, as long as he does it the right way.
I believe HF when he says that he wants to finish well. That would entail keeping committments made to the school and to his recruits.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:
alabama24 wrote:

I believe HF when he says that he wants to finish well. That would entail keeping committments made to the school and to his recruits.
I’m sorry, Dad, but if what you’re saying is HF will absolutely honor the full term of any contract he has signed, you’re being really naive. First of all, a better job comes along he goes. For sure. Secondly, these contracts come with buyouts, so by paying a buyout (or having it paid by someone else on his behalf) he is still honoring his commitment to the school. Lastly, I’ve only known one college coach ever in any sport who looked at her contract as a binding agreement to the school. That simply is not the way business is done on this level.
By LUDad
I really don't think I'm being naive or pollyanish. As you may recall, I wanted AB instead of HF. I stated that AB would be at LU for the long haul because of his age but HF would get his "rehab" and would be a two year rental at best. That was cynical. I have listened and I believe him. When he speaks of finishing well, he is speaking from two perspectives, one worldly, one eternal. I believe he is all about fulfilling all his contracts, business and personal, from here on out. That includes being truthful to recruits when they ask him about his committment to LU. As an aside, I think he and his wife have a wonderful opportunity to have an impactful ministry to hurting families through LU (talk about finishing well...).
By cruzan_flame13
LUDad wrote:I really don't think I'm being naive or pollyanish. As you may recall, I wanted AB instead of HF. I stated that AB would be at LU for the long haul because of his age but HF would get his "rehab" and would be a two year rental at best. That was cynical. I have listened and I believe him. When he speaks of finishing well, he is speaking from two perspectives, one worldly, one eternal. I believe he is all about fulfilling all his contracts, business and personal, from here on out. That includes being truthful to recruits when they ask him about his committment to LU. As an aside, I think he and his wife have a wonderful opportunity to have an impactful ministry to hurting families through LU (talk about finishing well...).
That’s not crazy to think that Freeze would do what you’ve mentioned. Someone calling this naive because someone has done so and so before is childish because people can change and start a new chapter in their life. For what it’s worth, I’m glad that we can have him as a coach and start off the FBS on a high note.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote: I have listened and I believe him. When he speaks of finishing well, he is speaking from two perspectives, one worldly, one eternal. I believe he is all about fulfilling all his contracts, business and personal, from here on out. That includes being truthful to recruits when they ask him about his committment to LU. As an aside, I think he and his wife have a wonderful opportunity to have an impactful ministry to hurting families through LU (talk about finishing well...).
What specifically has he said from which you have inferred a 100% binding fulfillment of his current coaching contract? And what action on his part would you judge as being dishonest with recruits?
By forbidden
Registration Days Posts
Guess everyone will soon see, was it about being just a bove the Mendoza line with HCTG, or will the new guy win now and at what cost long term to LU. Like to be optimistic but the pessimism in me says something just dont sit right, and as all you scripture quotes like to say, what's done in dark will come to light. I hope I'm wrong.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Its a recruiting move to me. Honestly it was my biggest question with MB when we hired him. His coaching showed for sure this year and he had all the connections. Im not sure how many relationships he had formed in recruiting. Some of that is time and he didnt have a lot of under his belt to develop those relationships and recruiting connections.
By gerb
oldflame wrote:Boy, that was fast.
Likely was already done when MB was let go. The eval of MB over the last month was probably on his recruiting performance. HF is building a recruiting machine.
By CCWMichael
gerb wrote:
oldflame wrote:Boy, that was fast.
Likely was already done when MB was let go. The eval of MB over the last month was probably on his recruiting performance. HF is building a recruiting machine.
+1
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:I really don't think I'm being naive or pollyanish. As you may recall, I wanted AB instead of HF. I stated that AB would be at LU for the long haul because of his age but HF would get his "rehab" and would be a two year rental at best. That was cynical. I have listened and I believe him. When he speaks of finishing well, he is speaking from two perspectives, one worldly, one eternal. I believe he is all about fulfilling all his contracts, business and personal, from here on out. That includes being truthful to recruits when they ask him about his committment to LU. As an aside, I think he and his wife have a wonderful opportunity to have an impactful ministry to hurting families through LU (talk about finishing well...).
I have a brain cramp, who is "AB" ?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
I have a brain cramp, who is "AB" ?
Every rapist's favorite football coach. :twisted:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Wow, is that LU's 3rd or 4th assistant coach who had been in charge of recruiting at their previous job? :shock:

Here's his bio: https://iuhoosiers.com/coaches.aspx?rc= ... h=football
Last edited by Cider Jim on January 28th, 2019, 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Jonathan Carone
More info on the Mike Brown firing:

Chief of Staff called Mike while Mike was on the road recruiting to fire him.

I'd say the honeymoon period of Freeze is over. Still excited for what we could do on the field, but not a fan of what I'm hearing behind the scenes.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I don't disagree but I am also don't put too much stock in what people leak out right after a new coaching staff comes in. Many times new staffs will ruffle feathers and people who have been there a while aren't comfortable anymore because they don't like change. I am not saying this is the case in some of the stuff leaking out, because I have heard it too, but that is always an element when leadership changes happen. I have seen it many times in my career. Sometimes the criticism ends up being legit but a lot of times it comes from resistance to change.

Just my 2 cents...
By Jonathan Carone
thepostman wrote:I don't disagree but I am also don't put too much stock in what people leak out right after a new coaching staff comes in. Many times new staffs will ruffle feathers and people who have been there a while aren't comfortable anymore because they don't like change. I am not saying this is the case in some of the stuff leaking out, because I have heard it too, but that is always an element when leadership changes happen. I have seen it many times in my career. Sometimes the criticism ends up being legit but a lot of times it comes from resistance to change.

Just my 2 cents...
I agree with this 100%. At this point, it's unclear if the stuff leaking out is because of a culture shift (Gill being a genuinely nice person vs Freeze operating more matter of factly) or if it's just because Freeze actually is some of the things he was rumored to be.

My hope is that the longer he's here, the more he learns that we have some really smart people around here who, although they don't have SEC experience, are still pretty dang good at their jobs.
By Class of 20Something
Jonathan Carone wrote:More info on the Mike Brown firing:

Chief of Staff called Mike while Mike was on the road recruiting to fire him.

I'd say the honeymoon period of Freeze is over. Still excited for what we could do on the field, but not a fan of what I'm hearing behind the scenes.
To me the problem is that it's at Liberty. Literally any other school and I'd say, yeah that's FBS football. Here, I think the standard should be higher.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
How can you determine from the facts that we know that our mission was somehow compromised?

Go to JFJr's social media account and you will find post upon post that does that on a nearly daily basis which is much more troublesome than this. Just sayin'
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]