Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Coach Bill is a great man and ambassador for Christ. If I was a betting man then I would have bet the highest on him being retained because the man is very good at what he does. However, and Jonathan said it best about the nature of the business in college football. As much as I don't want to see Coach Bill go the fact remains that HCHF is a great football coach and has put together great staffs in the past. Whoever we get is going to be as good or better than Coach Bill.
By LibertyD
It's has to be for the better! A wrong move here could have devastating impact on the program. It's "behind the scene" guys like Gillespie that makes all the difference in success or failure of a program! SOMEONE GREAT IS COMING...I hope :shock: :shock: :shock:
By Jonathan Carone
My guess it'll be someone from Hugh's other stops. And, if we're getting rid of such a great strength guy as Bill, we'll see a shift in focus toward speed. But I'm not ballcoach so I may be wrong.
By Class of 20Something
Source tells FootballScoop Ole Miss assistant strength coach Dominic Studzinski will be Hugh Freeze new head strength coach at Liberty. Studzinski had been at Ole Miss since 2012. He previously had worked at Southern Miss, Tulsa, LSU, Notre Dame and Augustana College.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:Great Man and great S&C coach, but not surprising to me.

Am I wrong, but didn't he announce his retirement 4-5 years ago? I thought he was leaving....
That was Dave Williams.
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
thepostman wrote:
jbock13 wrote:I sure hope John Madden and Chris Berman don’t show up next :lol:
classics!
I still can't believe that dude went to my bio class (that he wasn't in) just to watch the Liberty Couple and give play by play on here.
Lurking on a thread to be reminded of some of my favorite LU days.

Excited to see what HF has in store for Liberty! I finally get to meet Alder at the Showcase in Raleigh and he is out two weeks later. I will stay away from all Liberty Coaches moving forward.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Tbd on this one. Not always a bad thing but its def a tbd when you have a proven commodity that your moving on from that was really part of the fabric of liberty to me.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
prototype wrote:Great Man and great S&C coach, but not surprising to me.

Am I wrong, but didn't he announce his retirement 4-5 years ago? I thought he was leaving....
That was Dave Williams.
That makes sense now. Thanks!!
By R i
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Tbd on this one. Not always a bad thing but its def a tbd when you have a proven commodity that your moving on from that was really part of the fabric of liberty to me.
To reach new heights you cant always keep the same fabric.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
As sad as I am at Coach Gillespie leaving (as he was one of the only remaining parts of the football program from when I was an undergrad) I am excited to see just what Coach Studzinski brings to the table.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Ricky Hunley being added as a defensive assistant per football scoop.

“Liberty: Source tells FootballScoop Hugh Freeze is adding Rickey Hunley to the staff as an on field defensive assistant coach (position TBD to our knowledge). Hunley (along with Liberty defensive line coach Josh Aldridge) was on defensive coordinator Scott Symons’ defensive staff at West Georgia when they were one of the best defenses in the Gulf South several years in a row. Prior to joining the staff at West Georgia, Hunley had coached at Southwest Baptist, Lindenwood, Iowa State and Drake (his alma mater).”

Here’s his bio.

http://www.uwgsports.com/ViewArticle.db ... =211660954
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Another former Recruiting Coordinator. :clapping
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
This may have been posted earlier, but Wimberly's twitter account has changed and it says nothing about being a football coach at LU now. He changed his profile pic too. It looks like he has not been retained.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:This may have been posted earlier, but Wimberly's twitter account has changed and it says nothing about being a football coach at LU now. He changed his profile pic too. It looks like he has not been retained.
IF true........................ good news. Maybe he got a HC gig. TG said he was more qualified for that than an assistant coach. :lol:
By CCWMichael
flameshaw wrote:
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:This may have been posted earlier, but Wimberly's twitter account has changed and it says nothing about being a football coach at LU now. He changed his profile pic too. It looks like he has not been retained.
IF true........................ good news. Maybe he got a HC gig. TG said he was more qualified for that than an assistant coach. :lol:
I am sure he will be hired before Schiano.

Have any of our prior staff been hired at any level? I have not seen any indications.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote:
flameshaw wrote:
I am sure he will be hired before Schiano.

Have any of our prior staff been hired at any level? I have not seen any indications.
Always classy :roll: (not directed at you CC)
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The staff should show up on LU football website soon. I check it daily and it still has old staff except for Head Coach.
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]