Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
oldflame wrote:So, we are down to one opening for a defensive assistant. Most likely a CB guy, with Symons coaching either the safeties or LBs and Wimbo the other.
I really don't think Wimbo is staying. Nor why anyone wants him to. He was part of the problem. Clean out the defense.

We didn't even offer Monday as a defensive player. We almost missed out on him because of it too.
All indications are he will be retained as a position coach. I absolutely agree that a change was needed at DC, but not succeeding as a coordinator does not mean you can't coach. Wimbo has done well as a LB coach in the past. As for placing blame for something that "almost" went bad. :roll: It's not horseshoes of hand grenades. Monday is signed.
By tyndal23
ballcoach15 wrote:Anyone heard anything as to the Strength and Conditioning Staff ?
I think it would be a mistake for him to change out Strength Staff this season. Players need some semblance of normalcy this off season and familiar faces - will be working out in a temporary setting, workouts start in 2 weeks, and Gillespie is their Father figure until Spring Ball. He is one of the best in the nation and even IF HF wants to get his own guys in there, he should wait a year - way too much stuff for him to be organizing and putting together right now than throwing that wrinkle in on top of it. BG always customizes workouts according to what Head Coach wants - I.e. - amp up the speed and agility, lay off the brute strengh stuff or we are too small and getting pushed around - get these guys big and heavy etc. etc. Pretty cool he customized OL workouts past year- been thinking for years that difference between OL and DL is so drastic - same workouts shouldn’t apply.
By Class of 20Something
oldflame wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:
oldflame wrote:So, we are down to one opening for a defensive assistant. Most likely a CB guy, with Symons coaching either the safeties or LBs and Wimbo the other.
I really don't think Wimbo is staying. Nor why anyone wants him to. He was part of the problem. Clean out the defense.

We didn't even offer Monday as a defensive player. We almost missed out on him because of it too.
All indications are he will be retained as a position coach. I absolutely agree that a change was needed at DC, but not succeeding as a coordinator does not mean you can't coach. Wimbo has done well as a LB coach in the past. As for placing blame for something that "almost" went bad. :roll: It's not horseshoes of hand grenades. Monday is signed.
It is nieve to think that Freeze would keep anyone except MB as a assistant coach on this staff. This is FBS football with a top 15 coach. The entire defensive staff is filling out applications. Coach Roberts had the best resume to stay on. Far better than Wimbo.

There are no indications he is staying on. That which can be supposed without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Gill died in the battle of Wimbo. Coach Freeze won't make that mistake.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: It is nieve to think that Freeze would keep anyone except MB as a assistant coach on this staff. This is FBS football with a top 15 coach. The entire defensive staff is filling out applications. Coach Roberts had the best resume to stay on. Far better than Wimbo.

There are no indications he is staying on. That which can be supposed without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Excuse me for finding levity in the fact that you are accusing people of being (apparently) naive while instead typing the Spanish word for snow.

As far as having supportive evidence is concerned, I would be interested in hearing yours for Gill having "died in the battle of Wimbo".

Some of the best sourced members of this board have indicated that Wimberly is being retained as a position coach, and that is also consistent with the changes he has made to his Twitter profile.
By Class of 20Something
oldflame wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote: It is nieve to think that Freeze would keep anyone except MB as a assistant coach on this staff. This is FBS football with a top 15 coach. The entire defensive staff is filling out applications. Coach Roberts had the best resume to stay on. Far better than Wimbo.

Excuse me for finding levity in the fact that you are accusing people of being (apparently) naive while instead typing the Spanish word for snow.

As far as having supportive evidence is concerned, I would be interested in hearing yours for Gill having "died in the battle of Wimbo".

Some of the best sourced members of this board have indicated that Wimberly is being retained as a position coach, and that is also consistent with the changes he has made to his Twitter profile.
How about a signature bet on his status with the program? Winner chooses the others through the final game of the 2019 football season.

If Wimbo remains as a position coach, you win.
If Wimbo remains a less than one of the 10 assistant coaches or is gone outright I win.
By CCWMichael
alabama24 wrote:Pardon my ignorance... who is this guy and why is he a "heck of a pull"?
https://cornellbigred.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1169

I'll start with this. I will not even touch his Canadian success yet. He is an offensive guru and a good QB developer.
Yes, some problems at the end at Cornell and in Canada but his track record offensively speaks for itself. Mix this with Freeze .... GOLD.
By CCWMichael
Equinox wrote:Kent Austin:

I never knew that about his son. I can relate. Our daughter has Down and I think many would be surprised by how the medical community advocates for terminating disabled Children. Anybody want this LONG story just ask.
Anyhow, our daughter like most with Down was born with very large holes in her heart. Took her home on oxygen and heart monitors. We had a few cardiology appointments and her holes were just too large so surgery was upcoming.
We went to the cardiology appointment to schedule her surgery and I will never forget the look on the doctors face. He was flush and blank, then ran out of the room stating he does not know what is happenimng. Of course we nwe worried. He comes back after a fgew minutes and consultation with other doctors to report to us he did not know how it happened so quickly or at all but her holes closed significantly and surgery was not required. AMEN! Again, I do not want to waste a football thread on some of my testimony but if anyone has an interest just ask.

To God be the glory!
By cruzan_flame13
CCWMichael wrote:
Equinox wrote:Kent Austin:

I never knew that about his son. I can relate. Our daughter has Down and I think many would be surprised by how the medical community advocates for terminating disabled Children. Anybody want this LONG story just ask.
Anyhow, our daughter like most with Down was born with very large holes in her heart. Took her home on oxygen and heart monitors. We had a few cardiology appointments and her holes were just too large so surgery was upcoming.
We went to the cardiology appointment to schedule her surgery and I will never forget the look on the doctors face. He was flush and blank, then ran out of the room stating he does not know what is happenimng. Of course we nwe worried. He comes back after a fgew minutes and consultation with other doctors to report to us he did not know how it happened so quickly or at all but her holes closed significantly and surgery was not required. AMEN! Again, I do not want to waste a football thread on some of my testimony but if anyone has an interest just ask.

To God be the glory!

Sir Michael

Thank you for sharing a bit of your testimony! This is why I love coming on here and chat with you gentlemen. Even if we may disagree at times, I wouldn’t trade you guys for any other forum! I’m glad we will experience this continued FBS journey while enjoying many victories! And yes,
to God be the glory!!
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote:He is an offensive guru and a good QB developer. Yes, some problems at the end at Cornell and in Canada but his track record offensively speaks for itself.
:lol:

So: "Cornell" calls him "a motivator, creative thinker and innovator." Does Cornell even have a football team? He coached in Canada? From the other videos, he sounds like he will be a good fit here, but I'll withhold excitement until the team wins some games. 8)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I'm sold. :clapping
Austin, 48, directed potent offenses in his two years at Ole Miss, helping the Rebels to an 18-8 overall record and a pair of Cotton Bowl victories...In 2008, his first year as offensive coordinator at his alma mater, Mississippi went 9-4 (5-3 SEC) just one season after posting a 3-8 record with zero conference wins. That marked the program's best one-year turnaround since 1947. The squad finished second in the SEC West after being picked to place fifth in the preseason, and ended the year No. 14 in the final national polls. Ole Miss knocked off three top-20 foes on the road, including the defending national champion (No. 18 LSU) and the eventual national champion (No. 4 Florida). The third victory was a resounding 47-34 defeat of No. 8 Texas Tech in the 2009 Cotton Bowl. The squad moved from 12th in the SEC in scoring (20.1 ppg. in 2007) to second (32.1 ppg. in 2008) in one season.

The 2009 squad climbed as high as No. 4 in the national rankings and topped No. 8 LSU, Tennessee and Arkansas en route to a second straight berth in the AT&T Cotton Bowl Classic, in which Ole Miss prevailed over No. 18 Oklahoma State, 21-7. After finishing with a 9-4 record (3-3 SEC), the Rebels were ranked No. 20 in the final Associated Press poll and No. 21 in the USA TODAY Top 25 coaches poll.
By LU 57
Cider Jim wrote:I'm sold. :clapping
Austin, 48, directed potent offenses in his two years at Ole Miss, helping the Rebels to an 18-8 overall record and a pair of Cotton Bowl victories...In 2008, his first year as offensive coordinator at his alma mater, Mississippi went 9-4 (5-3 SEC) just one season after posting a 3-8 record with zero conference wins. That marked the program's best one-year turnaround since 1947. The squad finished second in the SEC West after being picked to place fifth in the preseason, and ended the year No. 14 in the final national polls. Ole Miss knocked off three top-20 foes on the road, including the defending national champion (No. 18 LSU) and the eventual national champion (No. 4 Florida). The third victory was a resounding 47-34 defeat of No. 8 Texas Tech in the 2009 Cotton Bowl. The squad moved from 12th in the SEC in scoring (20.1 ppg. in 2007) to second (32.1 ppg. in 2008) in one season.

The 2009 squad climbed as high as No. 4 in the national rankings and topped No. 8 LSU, Tennessee and Arkansas en route to a second straight berth in the AT&T Cotton Bowl Classic, in which Ole Miss prevailed over No. 18 Oklahoma State, 21-7. After finishing with a 9-4 record (3-3 SEC), the Rebels were ranked No. 20 in the final Associated Press poll and No. 21 in the USA TODAY Top 25 coaches poll.
+1
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
These dudes aren’t working with SEC talent here

We should chill a bit. But it’s liberty so we won’t.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:When they tee the ball up, it's 11 on 11.
More golden nuggets from Nostradamus of the Gridiron.
By LU 57
PAmedic wrote:These dudes aren’t working with SEC talent here

Agreed, but I think Coaches Freeze and Austin would argue that they did not have a ton of SEC talent when they arrived at Ole Miss either. And we are not playing an SEC schedule.

Just hoping for 8-4 next year which seems reasonable to me given we are returning 15 starters.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts

You can’t make chicken salad from chicken......
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:

You can’t make chicken salad from chicken......
Shut yo mouth!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:You can’t make chicken salad from chicken......
Quoting from one of your WVU "textbooks" again, Purple? Study :rofl Oh, and how does it feel for Marshall to be the only team in the state to WIN a bowl game this year?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:You can’t make chicken salad from chicken......
Quoting from one of your WVU "textbooks" again, Purple? Study :rofl Oh, and how does it feel for Marshall to be the only team in the state to WIN a bowl game this year?
Well when the majority of your offense sits out to prepare for the NFL draft these things happen :D
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]