Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
If Super Jon is not one of Ballcoach's sources, he should be. :shock:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have been so busy celebrating my correct Head Coach prediction that I haven't had time to focus on Assistant coaches.

Not to mention I can't log into Twitter because I don't remember my password.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I have been so busy celebrating my Facebook picture with Head Coach Hugh Freeze that I haven't had time to focus on Assistant coaches.
FIFY

Sly, that 's a pic that should make ASOR.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The Liberty Football website is behind on updating the coaching staff. Maybe none of these hires have been officially announced yet.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Maybe.

Acknowledging you called someone right. Ok. Acknowledging you’ve been celebrating your good call? I can’t believe you.

Act like you’ve been there before.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:No. Emotions are for the weak.

Some people are weak , in that they cannot tell the difference between a joke and factual stuff.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Where does sarcasm fall?

How dry can humor be?

If one person is laughing but the other is not, is it homorous?

If no one is laughing, is it funny?

What if everyone but one is laughing?

I’ll wait for your opinions stated as fact. Humor me.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:If I ever get a college football job, it will be a QC position.
ballcoach15 wrote:The Liberty Football website is behind on updating the coaching staff.
Ballcoach, do you keep looking for your name? What do you know that you aren't telling us? Or is it classified?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
There is nothing I know currently about the staff that hasnt been posted on ASOR. I haven't had time to research staff.
By CCWMichael
ballcoach15 wrote:I have been so busy celebrating my correct Head Coach prediction that I haven't had time to focus on Assistant coaches.

Not to mention I can't log into Twitter because I don't remember my password.
Sounds like a few days of depends and sleeping next to yard gnomes.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
During his 4 years as DC at D2 W Georgia, Symons coached 3 players who are now in the NFL. That is more than Liberty sent to the league during the entire Gill era.
By Wvflame2013
oldflame wrote:During his 4 years as DC at D2 W Georgia, Symons coached 3 players who are now in the NFL. That is more than Liberty sent to the league during the entire Gill era.

That is impressive for d2
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:After giving up 70 points, Houston DC might be looking for a job.
He is. he actually was fired in November. They played Army with an acting DC. That turned out poorly.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
More ive researched more im liking the 2 west ga guys as well. Spending big money on an established dc doesnt always work and how many out there are a fit for us anyway. B

So ive read some on west ga but were they mediocore to bad and then invested in facilites and got this current crew were looking at in there that really turned them into a player?

After reflecting for a few days i think he has done excellent other than losing stamn. (Assuming mb and wimbo stay on in their expected roles). Having wimbo around to bounce ideas off and help with how things run here is a huge help to symons. I think wimbo is a professional and will handle it well.

Oldflame had a decent pt about the schemes tramsferring to diff levels. As long as hes a fit here i dont have a concern there now.
By CCWMichael
jinxy wrote:More ive researched more im liking the 2 west ga guys as well. Spending big money on an established dc doesnt always work and how many out there are a fit for us anyway. B

So ive read some on west ga but were they mediocore to bad and then invested in facilites and got this current crew were looking at in there that really turned them into a player?

After reflecting for a few days i think he has done excellent other than losing stamn. (Assuming mb and wimbo stay on in their expected roles). Having wimbo around to bounce ideas off and help with how things run here is a huge help to symons. I think wimbo is a professional and will handle it well.

Oldflame had a decent pt about the schemes tramsferring to diff levels. As long as hes a fit here i dont have a concern there now.
Being a PA boy this story is close to me. It goes to show coaching talent transgresses all levels. OSU Head coach took alot of heat because he was looking lowwr but his expalnations of it are great.
https://okstate.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1552&path=football
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I haven't determined anything, but I will go way out on a limb and say it will NOT be a 3-5. Not sure if we even have 5 LBs on the roster, and there are no plans to recruit more in the late period. 5-3 is not much more likely. You just can´t get away with having only 3 DBs on the field in modern football.
By CCWMichael
oldflame wrote:I haven't determined anything, but I will go way out on a limb and say it will NOT be a 3-5. Not sure if we even have 5 LBs on the roster, and there are no plans to recruit more in the late period. 5-3 is not much more likely. You just can´t get away with having only 3 DBs on the field in modern football.
I have tried to research what system he runs well but could find nothing. Short of asking coach or calling West Georgia (which I will not do --- but reporters can) I won't find out.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Best defense I have ever seen was a high school team that had 10 players at line of scrimmage. Some dropped when ball snapped. Some rushed passer. Some played the run. Offense never knew who to block. This defense took a lot of communication and speed
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Best defense I have ever seen was a high school team that had 10 players at line of scrimmage. Some dropped when ball snapped. Some rushed passer. Some played the run. Offense never knew who to block. This defense took a lot of communication and speed
You’re advocating a high school defense? You loathe the Triple Option y calling it a HS defense. Yet i see that run in college but not what you e described
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I'd like to see LU get a Special Teams touchdown every game. Whether punt block, fake punt/FG, or kick return.
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]