Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:
A Sea of Red wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:Some names to keep an eye on:
Ben Aigamaua - assistant OL/senior analyst from Ole Miss
I saw on twitter that he's already offering guys so he's somewhere on the staff.
Ballah09, you've better stalking skills than ole BJ. I also like his tag line on Twitter:
Follower of Christ, Husband, Father, Football Coach
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote:

I won’t believe it until ballcoach says he got it first from one of his #sources
By CCWMichael
Purple Haize wrote:
A Sea of Red wrote:

I won’t believe it until ballcoach says he got it first from one of his #sources
What was it in Jr's interview? Some 129 texts in one day looking to work for MR. FREEZE!

Ballcoach has got a bit to juggle on this one.
I envision someone with a hoodie leaving a satchel near a trash can or light post for ballcoach.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
All you had to do was search burns and aigamaus twitter and see they are following all the commits and several other coaches etc. They are in.

Appears bookbinder is out based on his tweet.

I would imagine hires wont be public until after signing day.

Anybody hearing anything on the dc hire? I heard moderate convo on the hawaii dc but that was all ive heard.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote:Ballcoach has got a bit to juggle on this one.
I did confirm on another thread that Ballcoach did meet Coach Freeze this morning at a public off campus Lynchburg location.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
I did confirm on another thread that Ballcoach did meet Coach Freeze this morning at a public off campus Lynchburg location.
My sources tell me he was interviewing for the position as head waterboy.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Someone bring me up to speed please. Burns????

That's not Burton Burns from Bama, is it?
Never mind, I found it. Tanner Burns from Arkansas. Looks like he could be our special teams guy.
Last edited by olldflame on December 18th, 2018, 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By CCWMichael
jinxy wrote:All you had to do was search burns and aigamaus twitter and see they are following all the commits and several other coaches etc. They are in.

Anybody hearing anything on the dc hire? I heard moderate convo on the hawaii dc but that was all ive heard.
I can say the official Liberty Football website is not updated. I am seeing the same you are otherwise. I guess the prgram does not see it important enough to update via press releases or social media at worst.
By CCWMichael
Cider Jim wrote:
And, in the men's room at that ...
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote:
jinxy wrote:All you had to do was search burns and aigamaus twitter and see they are following all the commits and several other coaches etc. They are in.

I can say the official Liberty Football website is not updated. I am seeing the same you are otherwise. I guess the prgram does not see it important enough to update via press releases or social media at worst.
The Arkansas and Ole Miss websites have not been updated either. This appears to b e a situation where everything has been done but the paperwork, so they have gone ahead and started recruiting for LU, but it can't be announced officially yet. Either that, or HF has just decided to hold off and introduce the entire new staff at one time.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:Coach Bookbinder with the most recent Thank You tweets.
What happened to ''untouchable¨? Oh yeah, there's a new sheriff in town.

I'm going to make a bold prediction. You heard it first here. Wimbo will be retained as LB coach. He did well in that role both here under Rocco and at Buffalo. He is most definately the kind of man we want on our staff. Just not as DC.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:Coach Bookbinder with the most recent Thank You tweets.
What happened to ''untouchable¨? Oh yeah, there's a new sheriff in town.

I'm going to make a bold prediction. You heard it first here. Wimbo will be retained as LB coach. He did well in that role both here under Rocco and at Buffalo. He is most definately the kind of man we want on our staff. Just not as DC.
That’s interesting. It’s safe to say he will land on his feet.
By Jonathan Carone
I’ve thought the same about Wimbo. I’m obviously hugely biased toward him so I hope he stays on in a role like that. I could see letting him retain the associate head coach title as well. Position coach + admin responsibilities is where I think he is best.
By gerb
What role did Wimbo have when we played JMU? I thought our D was pretty good that year.
By Class of 20Something
I'm going to go out on a limb and ask if it would be crazy for HCHF to bring in Terry or Jeff Bowden? It would be a step down for one and a step up for the other, but after Akron, I could see both as being realistic.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb and ask if it would be crazy for HCHF to bring in Terry or Jeff Bowden? It would be a step down for one and a step up for the other, but after Akron, I could see both as being realistic.
Don’t be stealing my stuff from other threads. PLAGARIST!!!
By Class of 20Something
Purple Haize wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb and ask if it would be crazy for HCHF to bring in Terry or Jeff Bowden? It would be a step down for one and a step up for the other, but after Akron, I could see both as being realistic.
You'll note that I asked who on Akron's staff we got first. I thought you were better than liberal deflection.

I think that would be interesting to see that combination.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
You'll note that I asked who on Akron's staff we got first. I thought you were better than liberal deflection.

I think that would be interesting to see that combination.
I’m not deflecting you’re deflecting !!! :D
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
There were no coaches from Coach Gill's staff at press conference yesterday, except for a couple grad assistants, that I noticed. Except maybe one guy that I am unsure on.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Bevins and Paul R are staying on (unless they decide to explore other options), and Freeze will be meeting with the old/current staff one-on-one now that the early signing period is over. Good chance Wimbo is retained, but 0 chance it will be as DC.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Wvflame2013 wrote:If I was Hugh I would put a freeze on wimbo as DC. Would he be willing to step down though? It is a job at least.
Realistically, would any other D1 program hire him as DC right now? He is almost certainly going to be taking a step down regardless, so why wouldn´t he want to stay at Liberty?
Election 2022 and 2024

A congresswoman from a blue state gets you nothi[…]

Some statistics

Sometimes coaches will try to implement a philosop[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution,[…]

DOE Report

Gotta love presidential election season :roll: