Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By chris leedlelee
Interesting take though, had Hugh Freeze never had issues at Ole Miss, and continued to beat Saban, thus bringing Ole Miss to the top of the SEC, would he be considered a top 5 coach? Likely so.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 20th, 2020, 6:13 pm One thing a lot of people don't realize is, the people on message boards are often as smart as sports media people. Only difference is, the media gets paid for spewing out their opinion, whereas the average person does not.
That's why Ballcoacb needs his own pay-per-view website! :typing :blahblah
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
chris leedlelee wrote: January 20th, 2020, 9:04 pm Interesting take though, had Hugh Freeze never had issues at Ole Miss, and continued to beat Saban, thus bringing Ole Miss to the top of the SEC, would he be considered a top 5 coach? Likely so.
39-25 overall though. He certainly was a rising star with flashes of potential, but not sure he was a lock for success. Look at kiffin etc. Yes his ascension got short circuited. Yes he showed promise. Yes this is still a home run hire. But there are a lot of what ifs in your scenario. Let’s just hope he realizes that potential while at LU
chris leedlelee liked this
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 20th, 2020, 6:27 pm
Tnobes wrote: January 20th, 2020, 5:31 pm
Purple Haize wrote: January 19th, 2020, 9:49 pm

So someone who actually studies this stuff made a list. And gave reasoning for each ranking. See, that’s called research. It’s called having an informed opinion. Then, to engage in a meaningful discussion one can provide the link so others may view and share where and why they agree or disagree with what the author wrote. You can do this ballcoach. On your own. With out your study partners helping you. The road to credibility awaits you. The map to your quest is laid out before you. All you have to do is seize the initiative (I know that’s more of a Marine thing but desperate times call for desperate measures)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/athlonspor ... 2019%3famp
You think that a sports writer's opinion is more valid? Not sure there is much help for you, also you kinda act like a horse's rear end
Yeah, I’ll take a researched opinion, whether I agree with it or not, as a much better starting point for a discussion than whatever comes off the top of most people’s head.
Remember, @Tnobes doesn’t trust doctors or other experts either. Doctor opinion = invalid. Ballcoach opinion = valid.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 20th, 2020, 10:24 pm In my opinion Coach Freeze is Top 5 now.
What makes you say that? Other than Dabo and Saban who do you put ahead of him?
By Tnobes
adam42381 wrote: January 20th, 2020, 9:45 pm
Purple Haize wrote: January 20th, 2020, 6:27 pm
Tnobes wrote: January 20th, 2020, 5:31 pm

You think that a sports writer's opinion is more valid? Not sure there is much help for you, also you kinda act like a horse's rear end
Yeah, I’ll take a researched opinion, whether I agree with it or not, as a much better starting point for a discussion than whatever comes off the top of most people’s head.
Remember, @Tnobes doesn’t trust doctors or other experts either. Doctor opinion = invalid. Ballcoach opinion = valid.
You nailed it, doctor's "opinion". One person's opinion = another person's opinion. You research both opinions, only an idiot would accept one opinion over another based solely on person's credentials.
By Tnobes
Freeze already cemented his position as a top 10 coach by beating bama twice and scoring two top 5 recruiting classes at ole Miss
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: January 21st, 2020, 11:26 pm Freeze already cemented his position as a top 10 coach by beating bama twice and scoring two top 5 recruiting classes at ole Miss
That’s your measuring stick? So you’d have Gus, Les, Dabo and Richt up there as well? Gus has beaten him 3 times I believe. Urban Meyer beat him twice but he’s not coaching at the moment.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 21st, 2020, 11:53 pm
Tnobes wrote: January 21st, 2020, 11:26 pm Freeze already cemented his position as a top 10 coach by beating bama twice and scoring two top 5 recruiting classes at ole Miss
That’s your measuring stick? So you’d have Gus, Les, Dabo and Richt up there as well? Gus has beaten him 3 times I believe. Urban Meyer beat him twice but he’s not coaching at the moment.
Agree with most of this, but Dabo IS top 10 for sure.
Liberty22 liked this
By chris leedlelee
Purple Haize wrote: January 21st, 2020, 11:53 pm That’s your measuring stick? So you’d have Gus, Les, Dabo and Richt up there as well? Gus has beaten him 3 times I believe. Urban Meyer beat him twice but he’s not coaching at the moment.
You could argue that it is much more difficult of a coaching task to get Ole Miss to beat Alabama than it is to get LSU or UGA to beat Alabama.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Jonathan Carone
chris leedlelee wrote: January 22nd, 2020, 10:06 am
Purple Haize wrote: January 21st, 2020, 11:53 pm That’s your measuring stick? So you’d have Gus, Les, Dabo and Richt up there as well? Gus has beaten him 3 times I believe. Urban Meyer beat him twice but he’s not coaching at the moment.
You could argue that it is much more difficult of a coaching task to get Ole Miss to beat Alabama than it is to get LSU or UGA to beat Alabama.
You could also make the argument he cheated in order to get the players to Ole Miss to beat Alabama.

This is why hyperbole is stupid. It’s so easily refuted.

Hugh Freeze is a great college football coach. Why can’t we just leave it as that?
By cruzan_flame13
No other team in the SEC cheats :roll:

I do agree that we should keep it to Coach Freeze being a good coach. Although I rather Freeze or Dabo any day based on their skills but most importantly based on their character than the other coaches mentioned.
chris leedlelee liked this
By chris leedlelee
cruzan_flame13 wrote: January 22nd, 2020, 12:01 pm No other team in the SEC cheats :roll:

I do agree that we should keep it to Coach Freeze being a good coach. Although I rather Freeze or Dabo any day based on their skills but most importantly based on their character than the other coaches mentioned.
All UGA and Alabama players "just happen" to all have fancy sports cars. Definitely has nothing to do with the fact that they play at a big time college program. :lol:
By Jonathan Carone
You're not wrong, but those schools weren't hit with the post season ban and probation that Ole Miss was. So we can speculate the others cheat, but only Ole Miss was proven to cheat.

Again, this is why hyperbole is silly. Every outlandish statement requires an outlandish defense.

Hugh Freeze has been proven to be a great football coach at every single level he's coached at. Let's be happy he's being a great coach for us and not force him into a Top Whatever list.
Purple Haize liked this
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Two of Freeze's assistants got the show clause for 10 years, and he got a 2 game suspension. Also the report said that he "promoted a culture of compliance".

I believe this was more of an Ole Miss and SEC problem with the 1K handshakes.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Insert the “Hugh Freeze to Michigan State rumors” in 3..2..1..

Followed closely by “that will never happen, they aren’t SEC”

Followed with “nah he’s here til his daughter graduates so at least 2 more seasons”

Finally culminating with “we should just get used to this and enjoy Freeze for however long he’s here”

:D :football
By Ill flame
Liberty22 wrote: February 4th, 2020, 5:00 pm Insert the “Hugh Freeze to Michigan State rumors” in 3..2..1..

Followed with “nah he’s here til his daughter graduates so at least 2 more seasons”

Finally culminating with “we should just get used to this and enjoy Freeze for however long he’s here”

I think you said it all. Now what are we supposed to speculate on for the next several months until football season starts.
Liberty22 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote: February 4th, 2020, 5:00 pm Insert the “Hugh Freeze to Michigan State rumors” in 3..2..1..

Well that saved several pages
Liberty22 liked this
LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 7 […]

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]