Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Class of 20Something
First, there are maybe one or two people with an issue about HCHF doing this.

Let's look at the flip side. How many would take issue with a 7 figure salary HC that has complete mental capability staying home?

I'm glad HCHF is committed enough to Liberty that he wants to put it all out there. Do you go the extra mile for a school you don't believe in?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: September 6th, 2019, 11:19 am
oldflame wrote: September 6th, 2019, 10:10 am Dentist chair. Bold prediction for next week is on the sideline in something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/Foldable-Electri ... hpc&sr=1-4
Apparently this is exactly what he'll be in this Saturday calling plays.
If it works out in the press box this week, it would then become a simple decision as to whether being on the sideline down the road would present a significant risk to setback/reinjury if something crazy happened and he took a hit. Hopefully he will be moving well enough on his own soon that it won't be necessary.
By PAFlame
I think this is a cool gesture if i’m looking at this as a bigger picture. I like that coach is going the extra mile by traveling, though if doctors are suggesting he stay home and rest, he is simply putting his health at risk even more. The only possible issue I can see people having is wondering why at this point Liberty would just let him Skype or Facetime into games from his couch or bed, which is obviously an exploitation of a loophole.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
It is crazy how much negative talk has happened over last weeks hospital bed chapter of LU football. I guess I think too highly of humanity at times. The LeBatard show absolutely destroyed HCHF on their segment about it. So, I am sure the same will happen until HCHF finally is walking on the sidelines.

I guess I am under the opinion that if the docs were totally against last week and the travel this week that HCHF would not have coached last week and would not be traveling this week. I equate it to a player who has a broken hand and the doc tells them you can play as long as you tape yourself up where there is no extra damage done. We see it all the time in football now a days.
By Jonathan Carone
The newest ESPN article is telling in a few ways. Three quick highlights:
"I won't know until sometime tomorrow afternoon, and if I'm having those same [back] spasms, I won't go and don't need to go," Freeze told ESPN. "But I want to do everything I can to be there for my team and for this university that's been so good to me."
If Freeze is cleared to make the trip, he would fly by private plane to Lafayette, and the plan is to get him to the stadium about an hour before the 7:30 p.m. kickoff.

"I'm ready to call this game, a lot more so than I was last week. I wasn't much help [against Syracuse] and was trying to call it off of the TV monitor more than anything, and we just couldn't block their defensive ends," Freeze said. "I go back to everything Liberty has done for me, and I want to do everything I can to give back."
"It's hard for all of us, but I've learned not to care about other people's opinions," Freeze said. "I just want to do right by Liberty University."
My biggest takeaway from this is the way he's talking about our school. His language and attitude towards the school has shifted tremendously from when he first got here. Unless he's just a master manipulator, it sounds like he wants to coach out of a legitimate fondness and thankfulness for the school regardless of what it makes him look like. While I still don't know if it's the right move for the team, I can appreciate it a lot more if those are his motivations.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ll-sat-ull
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Well, this whole chair situation is one way to get some publicity for the program (even if it's unintended.) My timeline is filled with Freeze chair takes.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
His best long term health option is to crap it down for a month and then resume duties. He’s in a position he can do that. There are lots of other people who have similar problems but are not.
Kudos to Junior for going the extra mile to accommodate the situation. That should pay huge dividends later
But it’s almost to the point of being counterproductive
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Just my humble opinion, but if he isn't dead, he has to go and I am sure he wants to go. It is hard to ask athletes, to do more than they think are are physically capable of doing, if you don't set the example. Yes, it might not be the smartest thing for him health wise, but he is thinking about what it will mean to the men he coaches, in the next 3-4 years. If this was his 4th or 5th year here, it would be a different situation.
Regardless of what he does, I hope he recovers soon. We need him on the sidelines, his presence does make a yuuuuuuuuge difference.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Well said flameshaw. Agree completely. I couldnt care less what lebetard or whitlock says. Those guys are all clowns. I appreciate him making the attempt when he knows some people are going to accuse him of being a media whore or whatever else.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote: September 6th, 2019, 11:29 pm Well said flameshaw. Agree completely. I couldnt care less what lebetard or whitlock says. Those guys are all clowns. I appreciate him making the attempt when he knows some people are going to accuse him of being a media whore or whatever else.
I don’t think he’s being a media whore. I thought doing what he did last week was Herculean. But this back issue will continue and affect the team this year and recruiting after. I totally get he’s trying to gut it out and play through it. He’s done that and tried. But this is like asking as kid to play through a torn ACL or high grade concussions. There are just some things you have to shut it down for in the short term for long term benefit
By Ewglenn
I will say it is super convenient that this is going on for the hard games right out of the gate. I believe he is having issues but the conspiracy theorist have to think is this a way to temper first year expectations.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Ewglenn wrote: September 7th, 2019, 10:41 am I will say it is super convenient that this is going on for the hard games right out of the gate. I believe he is having issues but the conspiracy theorist have to think is this a way to temper first year expectations.
Lol even if Hugh went winless this year he is in zero jeopardy. The man has no reason to temper first year expectations. I love a good conspiracy and believe some myself :lol: but this is LUdicrous
By Ewglenn
Liberty22 wrote: September 7th, 2019, 1:22 pm
Ewglenn wrote: September 7th, 2019, 10:41 am I will say it is super convenient that this is going on for the hard games right out of the gate. I believe he is having issues but the conspiracy theorist have to think is this a way to temper first year expectations.
Lol even if Hugh went winless this year he is in zero jeopardy. The man has no reason to temper first year expectations. I love a good conspiracy and believe some myself :lol: but this is LUdicrous
Don’t be surprised when he is on the sideline for Buffalo. Lol I’ll be that guy.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Ewglenn wrote: September 7th, 2019, 1:32 pm
Liberty22 wrote: September 7th, 2019, 1:22 pm
Don’t be surprised when he is on the sideline for Buffalo. Lol I’ll be that guy.
Lol but it’s trending that way anyway. So I wouldn’t be surprised :lol:
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Haize i dont disagree with that sentiment. Only freeze the drs family and staff know exactly where he is so im not gonna say he should or shouldnt. Its not going to impact recruiting one bit. I mean we only have 5 spots left and its week 2. Gill had 9 or 10 commits at the END of last season. However it def could impact how quickly he gets back on the field. I mean from what ive heard he hasnt been out at practice much if at all on the field so im not sure he can do much less other than stay home instead of sitting in press box.

Speak for yourself just crushed him on labor say which was what i was referencing. Whitlock, marecellus wiley lavarr arrington and some other scrub. Those guys are all a joke anyway and they were the ones saying it was a media hype since he couldnt get enough attention at “little liberty”.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I'm not sure how many of you saw the video I posted of Coach Freeze leaving his golf cart headed up to the pressbox in pregame.

He looked like he is still battling through the pain.
By Class of 20Something
Sly Fox wrote: September 8th, 2019, 4:05 pm I'm not sure how many of you saw the video I posted of Coach Freeze leaving his golf cart headed up to the pressbox in pregame.

He looked like he is still battling through the pain.
But significantly better than last week.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
So glad to hear this, but how he isn't trying to get on the field sooner than he should. I was really concerned about him, beyond missing his contributions on the sidelines. Sometimes those infections can set in a kill a person in a matter of days.
2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Sounds like you don't watch UVA play that much. I […]