Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

My fear is he’s actually been lurking in the shadows under a secret name no one knows about the past few years and is making fun of me to people who stop by his office.

Not that that has ever happened before...

Or that I don’t deserve it.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
This is the best part of the ESPN article: Odds of LU's bowl eligibility: 54% :clapping

Or maybe this: Coastal's Odds of bowl eligibility: 17% :rofl
Or even this: Houston's Odds of winning conference: 3% :lol: (that's for you, Purple).
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Listened to his interview with ay. Maybe im the only one but i could listen to the stories and plans for liberty for hours. Hes sounding more and more bought in as the weeks go by.

I say this after 8 montha. He is 100000 percent the best guy we could have dreamed of getting. Hes kind of even starting to sound like rmk with his phrasing and family and just honesty.

This will sound crazy and maybe it is but ita almost like God built him up and tore him down when pride got involved to raise him and be the perfect guy to carry our docs vision.
jinxy wrote: August 8th, 2019, 6:41 pm Listened to his interview with ay. Maybe im the only one but i could listen to the stories and plans for liberty for hours. Hes sounding more and more bought in as the weeks go by.

I say this after 8 montha. He is 100000 percent the best guy we could have dreamed of getting. Hes kind of even starting to sound like rmk with his phrasing and family and just honesty.

This will sound crazy and maybe it is but ita almost like God built him up and tore him down when pride got involved to raise him and be the perfect guy to carry our docs vision.
Sounds like an ESPN 30 for 30 in a decade or two :D
By Old Red
I was listening to the Marty & McGee radio show this morning, & during the 2nd hour Ryan McGee talked about how he spent last Wednesday up here with Coach Freeze & the team.
He had some good things to say & let everyone know how Buckshot got his middle name. Marty Smith pretty much became an instant fan of our QB.
McGee said he was up here because he’s writing an article about Freeze’s return to coaching & LU reaching full FBS status this year. Should be really good. Ryan McGee is a great writer & should be very fair in his telling of the story. I think he said the article is due out this coming Wednesday. Looking forward to it!
By R i
Registration Days Posts
I know we have not played a snap of football in the Freeze Era, so let that be a caveat. But lets talk about contract extension and mullah.

What Hugh has done in a couple months at the Helm of our favorite football program is nothing short of exceptional. The two corners he signed late, and then this 2020 recruiting class is filled with top end G5 talent. How he handles the media, and fan base, his mission fit, and his overall likability are off the charts for LU.

Hypothetically if we win a bowl game and keep killing the recruiting game in the next 2-3 years, Hugh will get good offers from the SEC ( his beloved home P5 conference).

To be paid in the top half of the SEC he would make 4 million a year. Some notable SEC programs , Ole Miss pays 3 million a year, and Vandy (A likely landing spot ) pays 2.8 Million a year.

So let me get to my question. If Hugh continues to kill it here, would Jerry be willing to Pony up the multi million a year to retain Hugh? Or does he trust Ian to bring in another great coach for somewhere in the 1-2 million dollar range ?

Side note , did you know Hugh Freezes biggest influence in coaching was Bobby Bowdin, a Christian that took FSU from a flailing independent to National P5 Power house. So continuing to build LU could be attractive.

Another side note. Hugh said in his introductory presser, that he was good at building and not so good at sustaining. AKA , he would be here for 3 years and he was gone. But could we pay him enough to make this the big time job he wants ?
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote: August 12th, 2019, 3:52 pm I know we have not played a snap of football in the Freeze Era, so let that be a caveat. But lets talk about contract extension and mullah.

What Hugh has done in a couple months at the Helm of our favorite football program is nothing short of exceptional. The two corners he signed late, and then this 2020 recruiting class is filled with top end G5 talent. How he handles the media, and fan base, his mission fit, and his overall likability are off the charts for LU.

Hypothetically if we win a bowl game and keep killing the recruiting game in the next 2-3 years, Hugh will get good offers from the SEC ( his beloved home P5 conference).

To be paid in the top half of the SEC he would make 4 million a year. Some notable SEC programs , Ole Miss pays 3 million a year, and Vandy (A likely landing spot ) pays 2.8 Million a year.

So let me get to my question. If Hugh continues to kill it here, would Jerry be willing to Pony up the multi million a year to retain Hugh? Or does he trust Ian to bring in another great coach for somewhere in the 1-2 million dollar range ?

Side note , did you know Hugh Freezes biggest influence in coaching was Bobby Bowdin, a Christian that took FSU from a flailing independent to National P5 Power house. So continuing to build LU could be attractive.

Another side note. Hugh said in his introductory presser, that he was good at building and not so good at sustaining. AKA , he would be here for 3 years and he was gone. But could we pay him enough to make this the big time job he wants ?
That is my hope as well. That he realizes the platform he has for Christ by making a Christian school relevant in the college football world and he falls in love with that idea of utilizing this platform and the school and stays for 10+ years. Assuming the results lol.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Too early to tell.

Several things will need to play out

-win on field
- make and win bowl games

Then

-he will want to see program elevated in terms of national recognition, recruiting, scheduling, attendance, and continued facility growth

Finally

I think hes still blackballed in the SEC right now. Im not 100 percent sure the conference would have allowed him back in even as coordinator last year yet. Lots of conflicting info.

I agree with everything you said. We are blessed to have freeze rmk and jackson right now. They all 3 hit that criteria so well.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote: August 12th, 2019, 10:05 pm We are blessed to have freeze rmk and jackson right now. They all 3 hit that criteria so well.
Ballcoach called. He said don't forget to add Dot Richardson to that list of coaches! :fineprint :cheerleader
PAmedic wrote: August 6th, 2019, 8:11 pm Hmm sorry to hear it.
Hope he is well.
Danny moved down the street in a roll at LCC. He's happy and can now spend a lot more time with his family. My Name on here and why i joined this form was because of Danny. He's the reason I'm still in college athletics to this day cause he gave me a chance. and as Jon said, I'm 100% certain he's been lurking around here for a long time. I hope he returns.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: August 13th, 2019, 9:48 am
jinxy wrote: August 12th, 2019, 10:05 pm We are blessed to have freeze rmk and jackson right now. They all 3 hit that criteria so well.
Ballcoach called. He said don't forget to add Dot Richardson to that list of coaches! :fineprint :cheerleader
I wish Coach Jackson was as "visible" around campus, as the other 3. I don't think I have ever seen him, except in the dugout or coaches box.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]