Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee and FSU had been after Coach for a week, maybe 2. LU closed deal in 3 days, from ground zero.

Remember how good I said getting a Power 5 athletic director was for LU.
LU didn’t start from ground zero
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
With all due respect Bronco Mendenhall at UVa and Justin Fuente at Tech, I think that with Hugh Freeze, LU now has the best college football coach in the state.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:With all due respect Bronco Mendenhall at UVa and Justin Fuente at Tech, I think that with Hugh Freeze, LU now has the best college football coach in the state.
I’m not sure you are wrong
By LU 57
Somewhat controversial thought, is there a grad transfer QB out there that could be brought in to compete for the job? Not looking for a full blown controversy but it would be nice for the new staff to have more options. Maybe it would push BC to his prior form?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote:Somewhat controversial thought, is there a grad transfer QB out there that could be brought in to compete for the job? Not looking for a full blown controversy but it would be nice for the new staff to have more options. Maybe it would push BC to his prior form?
I have a sneaking suspicion that the guys on the roster are going to get a quick initiation into Big Boy football. That will be all the motivation and push these guys need, hopefully
By ElmersTwin
Liberty22 wrote:
TH Spangler wrote:He said on the Finebaum show he's looking forward to getting back to the SEC.
You guys keep saying that but I watched it and don’t recall him saying that.
And realistically, who cares. Whether LU is the next ND or not, the SEC will always be the mecca for college football. Let's enjoy him for the few years we've got him.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ElmersTwin wrote:
Liberty22 wrote:
TH Spangler wrote:He said on the Finebaum show he's looking forward to getting back to the SEC.
You guys keep saying that but I watched it and don’t recall him saying that.
And realistically, who cares. Whether LU is the next ND or not, the SEC will always be the mecca for college football. Let's enjoy him for the few years we've got him.
https://247sports.com/college/ole-miss/ ... 126044116/

“This hiring season certainly felt differently so I don’t think the same stance was as strong if there was a stance but I’m not sure that there’s still not … I think it was wise for me to move away for my family and the conference and hopefully one day get an opportunity to come back.”
By ElmersTwin
thepostman wrote:Why does this surprise anybody? No matter who LU hired there was a potential for them to move on if they found success at LU. It is where we are at this point.
That's what I'm saying. The next few years will be interesting and hopefully fun, so let's enjoy it.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Haha. I still could see Freeze staying for the long haul, 5+ years once he’s here and we establish ourselves as a legit P5 type independent. The Lord could speak to him and this truly be the place his family not only needs but wants. Who knows. Enjoy it while it lasts.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote:Haha. I still could see Freeze staying for the long haul, 5+ years once he’s here and we establish ourselves as a legit P5 type independent. The Lord could speak to him and this truly be the place his family not only needs but wants. Who knows. Enjoy it while it lasts.

+1 :football
By Logic
Jonathan Carone wrote:Most sports at Liberty haven’t had the success needed for a coach to get poached.

Define most? More than 50%? I can name five current coaches who are poachable, and highly so.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Has any coach ever left Liberty for a higher job ? Any sport
Yes, when Coach McKay left to go to UVa. Study Play Basketball
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]