Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 3rd, 2020, 10:41 pm I lost track of topic.
HEAD COACH HUGH FREEZE :fineprint
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: January 4th, 2020, 8:45 am
ballcoach15 wrote: January 3rd, 2020, 10:41 pm I lost track of topic.
HEAD COACH HUGH FREEZE :fineprint
More evidence that he just gets by in life by everyone else doing his work for him Study
By tyndal23
Ha - Freeze popped up on Baylor opening already. Seth Litrell would be perfect hire for Baylor - he lost some juice after this head scratching year/ record at UNT.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: January 7th, 2020, 12:03 pm Ha - Freeze popped up on Baylor opening already. Seth Litrell would be perfect hire for Baylor - he lost some juice after this head scratching year/ record at UNT.
Freezes next stop after LU will be an assistants position in the NFL.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: January 7th, 2020, 7:23 pm
tyndal23 wrote: January 7th, 2020, 12:03 pm Ha - Freeze popped up on Baylor opening already. Seth Litrell would be perfect hire for Baylor - he lost some juice after this head scratching year/ record at UNT.
With his resume as college coach, I don't think he would give NFL the time of day, as an assistant coach.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote: January 7th, 2020, 10:05 pm Freeze name gaining traction in Baylor search

https://www.aseaofred.com/hugh-freeze-m ... ch-search/
I don't see this making any sense based on where Baylor's program has been recently. LU's attitude was one of "hey, the guy made mistakes, he's apologized, let's help restore him (and get a coach we could never have got otherwise). Baylor, on the other hand, has already been through scandal and I would imagine they would be much more leery. Even the McGaw thing would work against it.

Not saying there is anything wrong if Baylor wanted to...I just don't see HCHF being their right guy at the right time like he was for LU.
ballcoach15, LUOrange liked this
By Jonathan Carone
I don’t think there’s any way Freeze is in their top 15. That job is such a big job and they view themselves much like we view ourselves. They’re either gonna over pay for a sitting P5 coach or promote the interim who was a Texas high school legend.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: January 7th, 2020, 10:51 pm [T]hey view themselves much like we view ourselves.
Super, what does that mean exactly? :dontgetit
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: January 7th, 2020, 7:23 pm
Once Hugh has another winning season he WILL get another P5 offer. Guys like Kiffin and Durkin are back in the SEC, Freeze will be too.
By Jonathan Carone
Jonathan Carone wrote: January 8th, 2020, 8:00 am They think they’re a much bigger deal than the outside world views them. They know their potential and are willing to pay for it, even when people doubt it or think otherwise.
To add context: Matt Rhule was reportedly making over $6 million/year. That means it’s a Top 10 paying job in a winnable conference with Texas recruits all around and incredible facilities.

BYU and Notre Dame night have been Doc’s vision, but Baylor athletics is what we should be trying to emulate. And given that we hired the guy who built it, I think we’re off to a pretty good start.
Purple Haize, ballcoach15, tyndal23 and 3 others liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I think Baylor (or any P5 school) will think long and hard before hiring Litrell as HC after what happened this year. What he accomplished in turning around an awful Mean Green program his first 3 years was impressive, but then going 4-8 with a SR QB as good as Mason Fine. :dontgetit
By walksports
Neither Freeze nor Litrell mentioned in latest piece in today's Waco Tribune-Herald -- bit.ly/2sRYtVr

ESPN.com's Sam Khan, Jr. (good guy who used to be with the Chronicle here in Houston) noted two days ago that Rhoades has had four hires as an AD: twice he promoted from within (Barry Odom at Mizzou; Tony Levine at Houston) and twice went outside (Tom Herman at Houston; Matt Rhule at Baylor).
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 9th, 2020, 2:10 pm I saw Coach Freeze this morning. He is not going to Baylor.
What does one have to do with the other?
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: January 9th, 2020, 3:44 pm ...when Freeze signed his contract extension that shut the door completely on him leaving anywhere this year or next year for that matter.
It depends on what you mean by "shut the door." If you mean this particular coach, in this particular situation, hopefully you are right. However, it is laughable to read the posts which suggest that it <couldn't> or <wouldn't> be done. If a P5 school really wanted him, and he really wanted to go, it would be a done deal.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]