Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:Would Freeze be interested in Chad Wilt as DC?
I have no idea, but DC will be his most important hire. He will no doubt hire an OC, but let´s face it, that guy will be there as a facilitator. He will be installing and running his system, and I´ll be a little surprised if he doesn´t call the plays for at least the first season.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
bigsmooth wrote:PH, still can't believe it took Hugh Freeze to make you join the Flames Club. Bob Good thanks you.

I had always assumed Purple was in upper level of Flames Club.
no...he is cheap.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Most likely existing staff to be retained are all in non coaching positions.

Bill Gillespie
Ed Gomes
Paul Rutigliano
Danny Wenger

I listed those because they have all been in their jobs through multiple coaching changes and are really good at what they do. I know a lot of us would like to see Mike Brown and Kyle DeArmon retained. Hopefully they will at least get an interview, but in terms of position coaches, I suspect Freeze will have his own favorites.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:
bigsmooth wrote:PH, still can't believe it took Hugh Freeze to make you join the Flames Club. Bob Good thanks you.

I had always assumed Purple was in upper level of Flames Club.
no...he is cheap.
And easy
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote:Can’t wait to see who his staff is. Additionally will be interesting to see who “head coach” is for his two game suspension. I’m assuming that still stands?
The suspension was only enforceable if he was hired to coach this past season.
By LibertyJoe2010
Liberty22 wrote:Can’t wait to see who his staff is. Additionally will be interesting to see who “head coach” is for his two game suspension. I’m assuming that still stands?
as far as i read the suspension was only if he was hired for the 2018 season. That's what it says in this article anyway: http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... head-coach
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
I will be one to quickly say I feel a lot better about this today than I did a few days or a week ago. I rewatched his convo and did a deep dive yesterday reading all the SEC people were saying. While I still think the optics could be better I think he has truly changed and this was the best option for the program. Heck the optics on ian weren't great and look how that turned out. If he excels here you can probably expect a E:60 redemption story in the future.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I also feel a lot better as well. I know that the general public will not think this is a good move just go take a long at what is being said on reddit but in the end I am just hoping for the best. I hope the Freeze has truly turned his life around.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
There is no longer a 2-game suspension. That would have been in effect had he been permitted to be on Saban's staff this season.

How he stacks his staff will be very telling to me in how he is approaching this second chance and how his coaching colleagues are viewing him.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I recognize that most everyone saw this tweet referenced ad nauseum this morning. But I'd like to post it here for those for whom it had slipped by.

Many of you know that I am a corporate communications consultant who works in the crisis coms space. I am not sure that I could have crafted a better tweet than this one based on the circumstances and what is occurring this morning. Very well done, Coach Freeze.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:And meanwhile that sound you hear is libertydawg tearing up his degree and destroying his Flames Club credentials. I actually think I'll finally get myself a Flames Club membership myself to boot
Not being a FC member probably cost you an interview already. Better get that squared away immediately. Tell them Flameshaw was the one who recommended you. :)
By Pilotguy24
I'm definitely in support of this hire. I've got friends on FB who adamantly disagree. I'm sure he won't have any problems here like he did previously because there is more oversight. I do wonder and I would like to know since some of y'all have followed LU longer than I've been alive...….is this the biggest hire in Liberty's history? Someone who was sought after by big name P5 schools including Alabama and had success against them chooses to coach here. Has anyone of that caliber come here before?
Thought you guys might want to listen to the campus conversation podcast by ESPN. Chris Low is one of the main voices in this podcast. Today's(Dec. 7th) podcast begins addressing HCHF at Liberty University at the 5 minute mark. Its some good stuff.
By OneHope
Watching some videos you guys posted of CF....He misssd a second calling as a preacher...great stuff...I pray he has truly changed. Grace we all need. I am shocked that Liberty got him but very very excited about what’s to come and definitely getting season tickets next year.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]