Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
A lot of high major schools would love to have Ritchie or Dot and Schnellengberger is very highly respected. Carey´s time for that has probably passed and Tolsma is here for life.

Left out our Field Hockey coach Nikki Parsley-Blocker, who is still in her 20s and one of the best young coaches in the sport.
Last edited by olldflame on December 8th, 2018, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Chris Lang wrote:Carey Green was also high on Clemson's radar right after the Sweet 16 run, IIRC.
They never offered
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Exactly...if we are in a position where an SEC program wants our coach I would dare say we are doing pretty well.
Perhaps we're all wrong in assuming that if he gets back into the SEC it requires him to leave LU... :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote:
thepostman wrote:Exactly...if we are in a position where an SEC program wants our coach I would dare say we are doing pretty well.
Perhaps we're all wrong in assuming that if he gets back into the SEC it requires him to leave LU... :lol:
I see what you did there :D
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Has any coach ever left Liberty for a higher job ? Any sport
Yes, when Coach McKay left to go to UVa. Study Play Basketball
UVA didnt poach Ritchie. Tony Bennett poached Ritchie.
By LUDad
I think the first indication on how long Freeze stays will be when Auburn comes calling next year. They are only offering OC job as a one year contract. Hand writing is on the wall down there and they want to beat bama bad.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:I think the first indication on how long Freeze stays will be when Auburn comes calling next year. They are only offering OC job as a one year contract. Hand writing is on the wall down there and they want to beat bama bad.
Let’s stay on the crazy train. Gus Malzahn will be LU’s OC for the 2020 season 8) :lol:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
LUDad wrote:I think the first indication on how long Freeze stays will be when Auburn comes calling next year. They are only offering OC job as a one year contract. Hand writing is on the wall down there and they want to beat bama bad.
Let’s stay on the crazy train. Gus Malzahn will be LU’s OC for the 2020 season 8) :lol:
Aside from the obvious, it´s crazy because Freeze doesn´t need or want another ¨creative¨ guy to be OC. He needs a facilititator to implement his scheme on the field. Defense is the side of the ball where he would be willing to defer to someone else.
BuryYourDuke wrote:To go back to a classic metaphor around here...

You just started dating the super hot girl. Enjoy the ride. You can’t be worrying about when/if she is going to leave you. Especially now.
She said yes. Do everything you can to keep her. If she leaves, enjoy the time you have with her.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:You just started dating the super hot girl. Enjoy the ride. You can’t be worrying about when/if she is going to leave you.
Just be thankful that she wanted to date the rich new guy, who had a house in the mountains--that also came with a pool.
g-webb1994 wrote:And the ladies at Gold and Silver are celebrating. :lol:

Seriously, toss the morality debate aside, one thing is fact, he's got major NCAA bagage. Another fact, those involved in any way with higher education despise anything to do with Christianity. Add in who your AD is and if you think the NCAA hasn't got LU in their crosshairs, you're naive.

Awesome hire if Freeze doesn't turn into the Jimmy Swaggart of college football, and I know LU doesn't have the bag men hanging around that Old tick does.
A lot of the bag men involved in the Ole Miss mess were within the football program.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:With all due respect Bronco Mendenhall at UVa and Justin Fuente at Tech, I think that with Hugh Freeze, LU now has the best college football coach in the state.
I can agree with that.

As for Freeze leaving, I wish people would stop talking about it. Just hop on the Hugh Freeze wagon and ride it. regardless of how long he's here. Don't even think about him leaving.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, shouldn't you be watching the Army-Navy game? :usa

PS--Beat Navy!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Ballcoach is probably napping. It is hard work patting yourself on the back
I hope he’s icing his shoulder. At his age rotator cuff damage is a real concern

Agreed Cruzan. Memphis just got $5 million a […]

New Mexico State

Crazy game, should have won it about an hour and a[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]