Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

TH Spangler wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:
TH Spangler wrote:All you can do is lead a horse to water
But he's in our barn, and he sounds hungry to coach and win again!
Waiting for him to stop self promoting and start promoting Liberty football. I hope he does soon and is here for several years.
Promoting himself is promoting Liberty right now.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:Sly, I don't know if you have the power, or who would, but there is a code out there to allow bbcoded forums to link tweets the same way we do Youtube. It might be worth it as often as we interact with twitter on here.
I don't have the power and it would take a phpBB code master to set up. Check with Manson or Duke.
By WinningoverRep
Man_the_kay wrote:Big name coach!

Bringing P5 Head Coach to Liberty ? Amazing...

I am looking forward a better(or the best) recruiting!

And BRING MORE Fans!!

People like us or not, they know Liberty University brand!!

Go Flames!
He does pay well so he shouldnt have a problem getting guys
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
It has taken Ballcoach several days to free up his schedule, but I can confirm that he did meet Coach Freeze in person this morning off campus at a public Lynchburg location. :shock:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
No, not Burger King. But Ballcoach did say the location was classified.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:BK!???
Hardee’s by LU. First thing ballcoach said was “you owe your job to me. I was the only one who predicted you’d be the coach here”
By CCWMichael
No need to say it but I will,
This guy is very, very good.
It is not hard to feel his ability to bring motivation to the table.
It is not hard to feel his persona.
I hope we are paying this guy very well.

We are going to WIN :football :football :football
By cruzan_flame13
CCWMichael wrote:No need to say it but I will,
This guy is very, very good.
It is not hard to feel his ability to bring motivation to the table.
It is not hard to feel his persona.
I hope we are paying this guy very well.

We are going to WIN :football :football :football
I hope we put all the energy on the field and not off. Of course they’ll be fans plus some on the bandwagon who will be obnoxious, but as long as Freeze/staff and the men portray class, that’s all that will matter.
By Jonathan Carone
The difference with Freeze is night and day. You talk to people around the program and they all mention it. In my opinion, Freeze knows what it takes to lead an entire football program and not just a football team.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:The difference with Freeze is night and day. You talk to people around the program and they all mention it. In my opinion, Freeze knows what it takes to lead an entire football program and not just a football team.
That goes back to an earlier statement. He knows what it takes to build a program in terms of infrastructure. He knows what it should and shouldn’t have to put it in a position to succeed. LU has a tendency to be all sizzle and no steak. I think he will but the steak in place.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Very impressed so far. I thought hes killed the press conference twice now. Bb

Recruiting wise he got all the holdovers that mattered and plugged a couple holes in a week. Hes starting to lay some seeds on a couple impact adds for the feb. period.

Asst wise it seems hes brought in young motivated energetic coaches but probably also at reasonable cost. It also seems like he will retain some of our guys that have performed well. It would also seem like he might have saved some $$ to get the right DC.

Finally, it seemed like all the things we had hoped as fans that would make it attractive to the right coach have started to have an impact on him. That should bode wel long term.
By tyndal23
Jonathan Carone wrote:The difference with Freeze is night and day. You talk to people around the program and they all mention it. In my opinion, Freeze knows what it takes to lead an entire football program and not just a football team.
I have been watching a lot of Ole MIss footage on YouTube - ESPN U All Access - some great insight in to how he interacts, some on field practice, - all very impressive. He has a likeable intensity.
By LU 57
tyndal23 wrote:
I have been watching a lot of Ole MIss footage on YouTube - ESPN U All Access - some great insight in to how he interacts, some on field practice, - all very impressive. He has a likeable intensity.
I have been watching those as well. I especially like how positive he and his staff are. You can tell it is not just lip service. It is evident his players absolutely bought in and the results speak for themselves. His pregame speeches are amazing as well.

Cannot wait to see this thing progress. Likely to travel to my first spring game in many, many moons.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
I STILL don't know how to upload a photo into this thing, but there was a NSFW post on the instagram of "Shedro.tl" (Shedro Louis - WR from FLA). His account is private, but this is definitely a cause for concern. I don't know Shedro, I truly hope he excels in every facet of life at Liberty, but it is a bit of a red flag anytime you see something like that.

I apologize if this was posted elsewhere and I missed it.

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]