Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:So, tomorrow is now today.

Any confirmation that there will actually be a press conference?
No one clarified WHICH tomorrow!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:Any confirmation that there will actually be a press conference?
Are you really questioning Ballcoach's sources? :nono
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:May have been a political press conference. All I was told "press conference tomorrow"

Nothing more nothing less
:roll:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:May have been a political press conference. All I was told "press conference tomorrow"

Nothing more nothing less
#yoursourcessuck
By NeoFlame
Presser has been pushed. Jimmy is playing sides against each other right now so they need to see where the chips fall. I'm told that they set it tentatively for today earlier in the week to try and apply some pressure in hopes they could wrap it up quickly but Jimmy has seen that move a time or two.

I am not sure if talks have completely broken down or if they are just waiting to see what he decides to do about FSU and Bama. My guess is the latter and in the mean time LU is putting together backup plans so they don't lose a full week of searching & planning in case HF choses someone else.
Last edited by NeoFlame on December 6th, 2018, 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
If that’s true it’s obvious he is using Liberty to get more money from Bama/FSU I hope Ian is smart enough to go another route.
Last edited by ballah09 on December 6th, 2018, 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
So I brought my head phones to work for NOTHING? You're letting me down, Ballcoach. :oops: :frustrated :nono
By NeoFlame
ballah09 wrote:If that’s true it’s obvious he is using Liberty to get more money from Bama/FSU I hope Ian is smart enough to go another route.
Hugh's motives are pure in this process. Jimmy's, on the other hand, is a bit different (as they should be) by doing everything he can to put the absolute best offers on the table for his client.

If you were Hugh, wouldn't this be a tough decision? I don't blame him at all for wanting to take a little more time.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Basically it was streeter or freeze or uh oh haha. I mean we have to set a limit and live with it. I would argue he knows what hes getting by selecting sexton.
By NeoFlame
To your point, I believe LU has put him on the clock. If by next Friday LU doesn't have a press conference then "uh-oh" really happened. I'd be shocked if this isn't wrapped up by then. LU should know something from Hugh's team by the first part of next week if not the weekend.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Only Jerry's drinking buddies would know info like that.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
It takes time to prepare contract, that both sides agree with. It isn't just a blank sheet of paper that gets signed. There's also interview and final vetting process.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
NeoFlame wrote:Thankfully it looks like we avoided the "uh-oh." I think Jerry called Jimmy's bluff.
Jerry called Ian and then called Jimmy on his bluff, is probably more accurate.

Ian had to be a steadying force for Jerry during these negotiations.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have my LU attire on today. Standing by awaiting announcement on Press Conference.

(have Alabama sweatshirt underneath outer layer)
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Congress, and everything else in D.C., is a corpor[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]