Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:According to 3rd party sources. Or in other words, not confirmed yet.
#sources
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Not even waiting until Friday?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Not even waiting until Friday?
They wanted to get Freeze on paper now before anyone else....

Did I let the cat out of the bag?
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote:

Did I let the cat out of the bag?
Seem like the cat burst out from the bottom before you can even let it out..
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Correction: The Freeze is coming before the snow.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
alabama24 wrote:If it happens, will I see you there?
Depends on time. If it's later in day, the better the odds.
Will you wear a BAMA hat? :lol:
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Chris Low on ESPN said Saban is about to offer Freeze the OC position. Gus also just got the green light as well to offer Freeze the OC position. He's about to be in a big bidding war between two SEC powers. Maybe it is Freeze but it's kind of pointless on him to take the HC position when he can make a lot more and position himself for a better HC job when one comes open. Especially if he lands at Bama.
Last edited by ballah09 on December 5th, 2018, 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:If this is true, and it is an internal hire, I will be significantly disengaging with the program going forward.
This.
By Damien Sordelett
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:I would be floored if they announced Freeze tomorrow. But, stranger things have happened I guess. Anybody done any of the silly flight tracking that never leads to anything real?
You mean by sitting near the general aviation terminal for a couple of hours to see if any person getting off a Cessna jet resembled Freeze or a Liberty University employee?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:
alabama24 wrote:If it happens, will I see you there?
Depends on time. If it's later in day, the better the odds.
Will you wear a BAMA hat? :lol:
When I am on campus, I only wear LU hat.
By Class of 20Something
BuryYourDuke wrote:I would be floored if they announced Freeze tomorrow. But, stranger things have happened I guess. Anybody done any of the silly flight tracking that never leads to anything real?
A 6 passenger Cessna based out of Raleigh arrived today.

Another one from Daytona Beach.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
If its truly that quick it would have to internal or someone very familiar with program and area like streeter or freeze
By Class of 20Something
BuryYourDuke wrote:Please tell me you’re doing that. You will have officially jumped to BJ status.
I haven't been here long enough to know what you're trying to imply, but I'm not putting a ton of stock in it. Just providing a few details from Flight Aware. Nothing labor intensive.

But those flights are real.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Many years ago while we were still students the world famous BJ Williams did some investigative working by hiding in the bushes near the Athletic Department offices...I may be remembering the details wrong but that is a basic overview...

good times and he forever cemented himself as the greatest of all time
By Class of 20Something
thepostman wrote:Many years ago while we were still students the world famous BJ Williams did some investigative working by hiding in the bushes near the Athletic Department offices...I may be remembering the details wrong but that is a basic overview...

good times and he forever cemented himself as the greatest of all time
Did it turn up anything worthwhile?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Wasn't that before the FOC, and we only had the Hancock Center (where the Welcome Center is now)? Seems like BJ skipped Convo or something and was hanging out in the bushes between Hancock and the Prayer Chapel looking for coaches coming on campus for interviews. Or so the story goes...

And the best part is he admitted it to us on the former Flame Fans.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Damien Sordelett wrote:
You mean by sitting near the general aviation terminal for a couple of hours to see if any person getting off a Cessna jet resembled Freeze or a Liberty University employee?
Are you that new? :lol:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, BJ skipped convo! haha, I completely forgot about that. Legendary.

I don't think his efforts ended up bringing any news to light. I think he went multiple times and may have brought a camera.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]