Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Ruffin McNeill
Defensive Coordinator
Oklahoma
Age - 60

OU Profile

Wikipedia

Coaching Career
  • 1980–1984 - Lumberton(NC) HS Assistant
    1985–1986 - Clemson (GA/LB)
    1987 ......... - Austin Peay (LB)
    1988 ......... - North Alabama (LB)
    1989–1991 - Appalachian State (LB)
    1992 ......... - East Carolina (DL)
    1993–1996 - Appalachian State (DC)
    1997 ......... - UNLV (DC)
    1998 ......... - UNLV (AHC/DC)
    1999 ......... - Fresno State (DC)
    2000–2002 - Texas Tech (LB)
    2003–2006 - Texas Tech (AHC/ST)
    2007 ........ - Texas Tech (AHC/DL)
    2008–2009 - Texas Tech (AHC/DC)
    2010–2015 - East Carolina
    2016 ........ - Virginia (AHC/DL)
    2017–2018 - Oklahoma (AHC/DT)
    2018–Present - Oklahoma (AHC/DC)

By R i
Registration Days Posts
Looks like he can win with other coaches players, but when his recruits are installed they flopped. I do not like that record at ECU one bit.
ECU fans were generally furious when they canned him. He built that program up and did it in a way that captured the hearts of the fanbase.

He led the defenses of one of the top teams in the country this year behind arguably the hottest name in the coaching game. He's a NC native with extensive ties to HS coaches in the Mid-Atlantic and Texas. There are sporadic refences to his Christianity online as well. Just throwing out a vable candidate who allegedly made around $600k this year for the Sooners as an assistant.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Worth looking a thread and discussion for sure. His record spiking in 3rd and 4th season and then declining would be a deal breaker for me.
R i wrote:Worth looking a thread and discussion for sure. His record spiking in 3rd and 4th season and then declining would be a deal breaker for me.
They went from C-USA to AAC and lost a bunch of players. Coaches are going to have up and down resumes.

Honestly, this seems like a fantastic candidate. Splash hire but no baggage. HC experience. Local connections and Texas connections. If we can hire a great offensive coordinator too, I'm all for it.
Hadnt thought of him but he reminds me of a more fiery TG.

He could be a strong option if Ian and Jr view the next 5 years as another building period before really hitting the home run long term hire.
jinxy wrote:Hadnt thought of him but he reminds me of a more fiery TG.

He could be a strong option if Ian and Jr view the next 5 years as another building period before really hitting the home run long term hire.
I think getting 5 years out of anyone is a home run for us.
Mostly agree but im saying if the plan is to bridge. If you hire streeter freeze or harrell you are hoping for more than 5. Now success could take them away earlier. Im speaking solely as a plan.
Last edited by jinxy on December 5th, 2018, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]