Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Purple Haize wrote:
Ewglenn wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:Any coach is going to regress losing 22 seniors. That’s expected regardless.
So you think if we do this we’d be in a better position?

Get Freeze
Go 9-3
Freeze leaves to go take a job like UCF
Hire our next coach
I’m not sure UCF would be a big enough jump to leave LU
A school that has won 25 straight games, in Florida, that can pay more, that has a bigger fan base and national interest wouldn’t lure away a coach?
Purple Haize wrote:
Ewglenn wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:I’d rather do that than go 6-6 next year.
If we get Freeze and he goes 9-3 he is gone (because others will see the track record and the pr nightmare is over). If we get Streeter and he goes 9-3 he isn’t gone(still an unknown coach and would take a few more years for other programs to buy in). That’s my main point.
What makes you think Freeze would leave before Streeter?
Freeze has won in the SEC, Streeter hasn’t. Other universities will know they are getting a winner with Freeze. They might just be getting a guy that got in a great situation with Streeter. Perception is everything.
Ewglenn wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:If he chose us over SEC offensive coordinator positions, he’s not likely to leave us for UCF after a year.
Keep telling yourself that.
It’s true. UCF is maybe a half step up from LU. A guy like Freeze isn’t leaving LU for that. Plus I’m not sure they can pay more
LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

To suggest Cleveland won't start is pretty ignoran[…]

UTEP

Need a series win to clinch regular season title, […]