Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By R i
Registration Days Posts
Manny Diaz
Defensive Coordinator
Miami (FL)

Wikipedia

The U Profile

Coaching Career:

1998–1999 Florida State (GA)
2000–2001 NC State (GA)
2002–2003 NC State (LB)
2004–2005 NC State (S/ST)
2006–2007 Middle Tennessee (DC/S)
2008–2009 Middle Tennessee (DC/LB)
2010 Mississippi State (DC/LB)
2011–2013 Texas (DC/LB)
2014 Louisiana Tech (DC/LB)
2015 Mississippi State (DC/LB)
2016–present Miami (FL) (DC/LB)

Two Words :

TURNOVER CHAIN!
flamehunter wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Keep on laughing, I did call it.
Not first though.
most of ballcoach’s posts bring a smile to my face
The day Coach Gill retired, I made a couple phone calls, and told individual on other end, that Hugh Freeze would be our next coach.

I could not post everything I knew, on message board, directly.
ballcoach15 wrote:The day Coach Gill retired, I made a couple phone calls, and told individual on other end, that Hugh Freeze would be our next coach.

I could not post everything I knew, on message board, directly.
Yet people were predicting it almost 1 year ago
SumItUp wrote:My wife watched the Freezes in convo last year and told me that Hugh would be the next Liberty coach. She didn't need any sources.
Anyone that knew he was on campus last year and had an ounce of awareness knew he’d be the next coach at LU
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
SumItUp wrote:My wife watched the Freezes in convo last year and told me that Hugh would be the next Liberty coach. She didn't need any sources.
Anyone that knew he was on campus last year and had an ounce of awareness knew he’d be the next coach at LU
But they didn’t know Coach Gill would retire. And if he doesn’t retire, this is all moot and Hugh Freeze is an SEC OC.
JK37 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
But they didn’t know Coach Gill would retire. And if he doesn’t retire, this is all moot and Hugh Freese is an SEC OC.
That’s true to a point. But you should know how LU works....Gill was going to be ‘retired’ And even if it wasn’t 2019 being an SEC OC for a year wouldn’t have stopped LU from getting him in 2020
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:That’s true to a point. But you should know how LU works....Gill was going to be ‘retired’ And even if it wasn’t 2019 being an SEC OC for a year wouldn’t have stopped LU from getting him in 2020
Your theory was my first inclination. But JJ loves him some TG. (Don’t forget that TG wanted JB gone, and he always maintained a direct line to JJ.) I’ve heard strong intel that an extension was in the works. And a lot of people were up in arms about that. But what JJ wants, JJ gets. That’s how LU ultimately works.
JK37 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:That’s true to a point. But you should know how LU works....Gill was going to be ‘retired’ And even if it wasn’t 2019 being an SEC OC for a year wouldn’t have stopped LU from getting him in 2020
Your theory was my first inclination. But JJ loves him some TG. (Don’t forget that TG wanted JB gone, and he always maintained a direct line to JJ.) I’ve heard strong intel that an extension was in the works. And a lot of people were up in arms about that. But what JJ wants, JJ gets. That’s how LU ultimately works.

Tru Dat
Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]