Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Tim Tebow
College Football Analyst/Minor League Baseball Player

Wikipedia

No, he doesn't have any coaching experience. Yes, he is getting paid good money by ESPN as an analyst. Yes, he's still doing that minor league baseball thing.

But hear me out ... he clearly fits the Liberty profile. He'd be the ultimate recruiter in living rooms across the Southeast. We'd give him the freedom to speak more openly about his faith than in the cookie cutter environment he currently has on the SEC Network. He probably is reaching the point where he realizes the baseball experience is not going anywhere and is ready to set himself up for the next chapter in his life.

He could certainly tap into a wealth of guys with experience to beef up his staff. And with us going into our 1st season of FBS bowl eligibility, the pressure is almost non-existent. No one would expect him to come in and dominate as an FBS coach. It is the ultimate low risk environment.

Do I think this will happen. No. Is it as crazy as it appears at first glance? I don't think so.
By g-webb1994
Registration Days Posts
If LU was still in the Big South and thinking about moving up, then yes, possible to give him a shot. Not now though, you guys are there and need to build and push toward some sort of conference affiliation. You can't give the keys to anyone with zero experience as an HC at the college level at this point.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Come on. You know this is a Liberty-type hire if they could pull it off.

Yeah, I know it is not going to happen. Then again, I have no clue on this go-around after correcting calling our Coach Gill's name in the first minute after learning of Rocco's departure.
I certainly wouldn't be MAD at the hire but I would scratch my head for a moment. I would be hyped within minutes. Can you all imagine that locker room? A halftime rally speech by Coach Tebow? Jonathan Bennett getting 4 maybe 5 years with Tebow too!
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I would love to see him on the staff in some capacity. Kurt Warner would be a great fit and he has some HS coaching experience, but don't think he is ready yet either. I think we are going to have to go with an experienced HC or someone with some serious FBS coaching experience.
T=bow, Jennings on the same staff.
Great connections to bring something together.
I magine the recruiting credentials there!!!!!
Hey, we both have NFL connections!!!
Hey, we are ceraatinly faith based and here is how it works here nd at the next level.
I not so sure it is to far out to have them here in some capacity.
They would been a good fit to be sold on the Liberty way and can be brought up to be the coach after we are deserted by our next hire.
Long term, this may a big pull to pay to get them on staff for recruitinfg and begin to learn for a future HC position here atb Liberty. Will JR be willing to throw enough cash to bring this together?

Could it happen? Dunno, but it could be very good in many ways.

Sly, keep smoking that stae meat of Texas.
Jonathan Carone wrote:This is one of the dumbest threads we’ve ever had around here.

Amen & Amen

All these "Potential Threads" should be deleted, locked are whatever except Freeze and Streeter.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]