Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Jonathan Carone wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:I’m just imagining if he and Ed Gomes stick around the Program as Spiritual mentors That would be pretty powerful. Awkward as well for awhile but man what a huge recruiting advantage IMO
I've wondered if Gill might be a better fit for a department wide Athletics Chaplain type of position. Would probably need to pull him away from football only for a few years (plus Doctuh Gomes has that spot locked down) but Gill would be great in the role.
What are the restrictions on team chaplains on the recruiting trail?
Jonathan Carone wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:I’m just imagining if he and Ed Gomes stick around the Program as Spiritual mentors That would be pretty powerful. Awkward as well for awhile but man what a huge recruiting advantage IMO
I've wondered if Gill might be a better fit for a department wide Athletics Chaplain type of position. Would probably need to pull him away from football only for a few years (plus Doctuh Gomes has that spot locked down) but Gill would be great in the role.
That’s what I meant to say. But you said it more betterer. Imagine a mom wanting to send their kid who doesn’t know their father coming to campus and meeting those two. And the coach saying (any coach) “these two guys are going to be involved in your sons life”. BOOM

I should like be in sales or something
I wonder how soon or if Gill will ever have connections to football as a liaison, chaplain, mentor etc. He was pretty clear about the 90 hours a week and how he didn't want that anymore. Not that any of the above positions would require that much time but I wonder if he and his wife are just ready to enjoy the rest of their lives without similar time commitments.
His mom's side of the family is in Navasota ... home to Solomon McGinty & Chuck Norris. I live a half hour to the east.

But most of his connections are in Fort Worth including his daughter working for the Pokes.
Sly Fox wrote:His mom's side of the family is in Navasota ... home to Solomon McGinty & Chuck Norris. I live a half hour to the east.

But most of his connections are in Fort Worth including his daughter working for the Pokes.
You had me at Chuck Norris.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]