Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

ballcoach15 wrote:Hugh Freeze...…………………………………
……………………………………………………
No.
VAGolf wrote:
……………………………………………………
No.
Not just no...H*** no
VAGolf wrote:
……………………………………………………
No.
At least we now all know who the mystery coach was that Ballcoach keeps secretly referring to. :lol:
Conflicting reports out of the FOC. No one saw this coming. Ian McCaw called an emergency staff meeting today while the players were there for their exit interviews. Coach Dailey was so upset he "stormed" out of the FOC. No one believes Gill would retire out of nowhere and not announce it to the team before it was announced on Twitter. On the other hand, Jerry tweets that they were prepared to offer Gill a multi-year extension. What in the world is going on?
As for new coach, I don't think it will be Streeter because he is in playoffs, and will not be available until early January. (unless he jumped ship with Clemson, which I don't think he would do). We need new coach on board ASAP, for recruiting purposes.
ballcoach15 wrote:As for new coach, I don't think it will be Streeter because he is in playoffs, and will not be available until early January. (unless he jumped ship with Clemson, which I don't think he would do). We need new coach on board ASAP, for recruiting purposes.
I think you jump ship for 7 figures.
bluedevilflame wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
bluedevilflame wrote:Please be Art Briles :|
FIFY :lol:
Could you imagine the blow back we'd get in the media if Briles is hired? We're finally getting some distance from the McCaw hiring.
Hahaha.
rmiller1959 wrote:Conflicting reports out of the FOC. No one saw this coming. Ian McCaw called an emergency staff meeting today while the players were there for their exit interviews. Coach Dailey was so upset he "stormed" out of the FOC. No one believes Gill would retire out of nowhere and not announce it to the team before it was announced on Twitter. On the other hand, Jerry tweets that they were prepared to offer Gill a multi-year extension. What in the world is going on?
I for one am willing to take TG at his word regarding his reasons, and also give him credit for perhaps recognizing a change is needed. In addition to the mixed results on the field, the disappointing attendance in the last couple of games may have played a role in that. He was always proud of our fan support, and especially the students.

IMHO we need to take the discussion of his replacement back to the ¨next football coach¨thread.
Agree with the above.
Don’t know him personally, but reportedly a very classy guy so thanks for your service HCTG ; God bless you and your family
best of luck to you in the future
I'm still a lost for words. I do hope his wife is doing well and that he will have more time with her and family but still be an ambassador as someone else stated. As for the new coach, I'm not sure who would really come to the mountain. Clearly some folks on here do not want someone like Hugh Freeze primarily because of what occurred a year ago (I guess the giving a second chance was just small talk). So, who else is available that can continue building this program to a prestigious team? Anyone have a list of available coaches?

*Edit: On CSNBBS Liberty Flames page, I did state that Gill will retire on Monday as a plot twist. Ewglenn can confirm this!!*
Last edited by cruzan_flame13 on December 3rd, 2018, 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]