Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Purple Haize wrote:
Logic wrote:People...Hugh Freeze can beat a very bad Rutgers team. Even the folks on the RU boards are predicting a loss now that Freeze is here. Have some faith!
Is this the old logic?

It is. Back from a five-year hiatus. Couldn’t recover the old name with the lowercase L...no worries, perhaps I grew up a little ;)
Logic wrote:Aug 31 - Syracuse - WIN
Sep 07 - @ Louisiana-Lafayette - WIN
Sep 14 - Buffalo - WIN
Sep 21 - Hampton - WIN
Sep 28 - New Mexico - WIN
Oct 05 - @ New Mexico State - WIN
Oct 12 - Open
Oct 19 - Maine - WIN
Oct 26 - @ Rutgers - WIN
Nov 02 - @ UMass - WIN
Nov 09 - @ BYU - WIN
Nov 16 - Open
Nov 23 - @ Virginia - WIN
Nov 30 - New Mexico State - WIN

12-0. Syracuse win picked up by ESPN for a Wednesday/Thursday prime broadcast. Sellout with 26k in attendance. BYU win because the spirit of Dr. Jerry Falwell Sr will make an appearance, fueling the Flames to victory. The first time we play BYU in football...the game is too big not to win. Destiny awaits.
Don´t forget it will also be the first time BYU plays US. Spirit of Doc over the angel Maroni.
Logic wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Logic wrote:People...Hugh Freeze can beat a very bad Rutgers team. Even the folks on the RU boards are predicting a loss now that Freeze is here. Have some faith!
Is this the old logic?

It is. Back from a five-year hiatus. Couldn’t recover the old name with the lowercase L...no worries, perhaps I grew up a little ;)
Welcome back! Grew up a little? I figured that since you went all capital letter and all :lol:
Logic wrote:Welcome back! Grew up a little? I figured that since you went all capital letter and all :lol

And I see you’ve come around as well...even joining the Flames Club now! Well done - I have nothing more to banter about with you :(
Easy there skippy. I haven’t joined yet! :lol: bigsmooth is being a tightwad.

I’m sure we will find something to banter about
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Now, that Hugh Freeze is our coach. Here is a question I have been mulling over here recently:

How many more wins is Coach Freeze to this team?

2019's schedule is favorable to us making our first ever bowl game and hopefully starting a new streak 8) .
Open motivator and will push hard for excellence --- current talent level two wins.
I have trouble predicting a gigantic change in year one. I think we will be better simply because we will have better game plans, but there will be growing pains with a new offense and a freshman quarterback at times.

We could start the season 0-3 or 6-1. It’ll all depend on how well our guys buy in and learn the system, especially on defense.
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Now, that Hugh Freeze is our coach. Here is a question I have been mulling over here recently:

How many more wins is Coach Freeze to this team?

2019's schedule is favorable to us making our first ever bowl game and hopefully starting a new streak 8) .
I think there will still be some growing pains and transition hiccups....but I'd agree we could/should easily be bowl eligible next season. As he gets more of his recruits in....I anticipate much more success.
alabama24 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I hope our first bowl game is in Florida. I have a couple connections down there, plus weather will be nice.
No, make it Seattle. :lol:
Mississippi
Aug 31 - Syracuse - WIN
Sep 07 - @ Louisiana-Lafayette - LOSS
Sep 14 - Buffalo - LOSS
Sep 21 - Hampton - WIN
Sep 28 - New Mexico - LOSS
Oct 12 - Open
Oct 19 - Maine - WIN
Oct 26 - @ Rutgers - WIN
Nov 02 - @ UMass - WIN
Nov 09 - @ BYU - LOSS
Nov 16 - Open

Every year we pull off 1-2 upsets and we lose 1-4 WTF games. Homer in me says 8-4, but I am expecting 7-5 and fearing anything less than that. Maine has a great chance of beating us, and we can easily lose to NMSU again. I think we can pull off the upset of Syracuse based on circumstances: packed house, we (almost) always play up in huge games, and Syracuse won't be as loaded as they were this year. Also, UVA won't be as good and we will be a little better, so we pull off that upset too (the realist in me knows we should lose this game, but we beat Troy so let me dream).
LUnpretty11 wrote:Aug 31 - Syracuse - WIN
Sep 14 - Buffalo - LOSS
Sep 21 - Hampton - WIN
Oct 12 - Open
Oct 19 - Maine - WIN
Oct 26 - @ Rutgers - WIN
Nov 02 - @ UMass - WIN
Nov 09 - @ BYU - LOSS
Nov 16 - Open

Every year we pull off 1-2 upsets and we lose 1-4 Stupid Hose games. Homer in me says 8-4, but I am expecting 7-5 and fearing anything less than that. Maine has a great chance of beating us, and we can easily lose to NMSU again. I think we can pull off the upset of Syracuse based on circumstances: packed house, we (almost) always play up in huge games, and Syracuse won't be as loaded as they were this year. Also, UVA won't be as good and we will be a little better, so we pull off that upset too (the realist in me knows we should lose this game, but we beat Troy so let me dream).
I don't know if you heard, but Turner Gill retired.
Class of 20Something wrote:
LUnpretty11 wrote:Aug 31 - Syracuse - WIN
Sep 14 - Buffalo - LOSS
Sep 21 - Hampton - WIN
Oct 12 - Open
Oct 19 - Maine - WIN
Oct 26 - @ Rutgers - WIN
Nov 02 - @ UMass - WIN
Nov 09 - @ BYU - LOSS
Nov 16 - Open

Every year we pull off 1-2 upsets and we lose 1-4 Stupid Hose games. Homer in me says 8-4, but I am expecting 7-5 and fearing anything less than that. Maine has a great chance of beating us, and we can easily lose to NMSU again. I think we can pull off the upset of Syracuse based on circumstances: packed house, we (almost) always play up in huge games, and Syracuse won't be as loaded as they were this year. Also, UVA won't be as good and we will be a little better, so we pull off that upset too (the realist in me knows we should lose this game, but we beat Troy so let me dream).
I don't know if you heard, but Turner Gill retired.
:D
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]