Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By BigRed1
Purple Haize wrote:The real question this off season is the status of Gill’s contract. If he indeed only has one year left you HAVE to extend him for at least 2 more years (3 total). It’s shooting yourself in the foot to have a lame duck coach. It makes it near impossible to get good talent to come play for you if there’s not even a possibility of you being around to play for
‘‘This is part of the questions I had in another post and no one really answered my questions. Why do you HAVE to extend Gill? With the reasoning of being a lame duck, you’ll have to extend him at the end of that contract. Coaches are fired all the time and at all points of the season. As I said in the other post, if Gill were that great of a recruiter he would have had better results than he has had in the past. Liberty would survive if Gill was fired. I think Liberty would improve in recruiting without Gill with the right coach. As long as Gill has any part of Liberty football, the best we have to look forward to is the usual mediocre what if season.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]