Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Norfolk State University
Norfolk, Virginia

NSU Football Official Site

Latrell Scott
4th Season as NSU Head Coach

2018 Schedule/Results
  • SEP 01 - VIRGINIA STATE .................................. W 34-13
    SEP 08 - JMU .................................................... L 17-0 Game Called After 1 Quarter
    SEP 15 - @ LIBERTY .......................................... POSTPONED
    SEP 22 - @ SC STATE ......................................... W 17-7
    SEP 29 - DELAWARE STATE ................................ W 54-28
    OCT 06 - @ FLORIDA A&M .................................. L 17-0
    OCT 20 - NC CENTRAL ....................................... L 36-6
    OCT 27 - @ SAVANNAH STATE ........................... L 32-3
    NOV 03 - @ NC A&T ........................................... L 37-20
    NOV 10 - HOWARD ............................................ W 29-17
    NOV 17 - MORGAN STATE .................................. L 44-27
    DEC 01 - @ LIBERTY .......................................... 2 PM

Key Players
    #8 Juwan Carter
    6' 0" 175 lbs Sophomore Quarterback
    Thru 11 Games: 166-of-284 (58.5%) for 2105 Yds with 12 TDs & 12 INTs + 64 Carries for 195 Yds & 2 Rushing TDs

#30 Aaron Savage
    5' 9" 210 lbs Junior Running Back
    Thru 11 Games: 93 Attempts for 379 Yds with 2 TDs + 10 Catches for 108 Yds and 1 TD Reception

#11 Isaiah Winstead
    6' 3" 205 lbs Sophomore Receiver
    Thru 11 Games: 45 Catches for 551 Yds and 5 TDs

#9 Nigel Chavis
    6' 2" 230 lbs Junior Linebacker
    Thru 11 Games: 66 Tackles including 13.5 for Loss + 5.5 Sacks + 2 Forced Fumbles + 2 Fumble Recoveries

#3 Quintreill Chung
    6' 1" 220 lbs Senior Linebacker
    Thru 11 Games: 72 Tackle sinclduign 3.5 for Loss

#22 Nhyre Quinerly
    6' 0" 195 lbs Defensive Back (ECU Transfer)
    Thru 11 Games: 55 Tackles inclduign 1.5 for Loss + 3 INTs + 3 Forced Fumbles + 1 Fumble Recovery
I know many of us would say, "Wow! We should've been 8-4 this year" and I would agree with you. However, a high majority on this board and a really high majority of major college football prediction magazines and articles said Liberty would win an average of 3 to 4 games. Almost all of the magazines and articles mentioned our streak of 12 straight seasons without a losing record and that this season would absolutely break that streak. By winning this weekend we prove all of them and most of us wrong.

Perspective, I think only 8 other teams finished with a better or similar record in their first year of FBS. Perspective, we proved MANY people wrong this year. Perspective, we are FBS ready and we are talking about how we should've been 8-4!

This season has not only been a success but has exceeded expectations even with all the disappointments that we have brought up over and over again.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I hope we open up play book, and run some new plays, and not be so conservative.

Does anyone recall if we have faked any punts or field goals this season, along with WR and RB passes ? Also any reverses or jet sweeps ?
ballcoach15 wrote:I hope we open up play book, and run some new plays, and not be so conservative.

Does anyone recall if we have faked any punts or field goals this season, along with WR and RB passes ? Also any reverses or jet sweeps ?
I hope we don't get unsporting. I want to make sure any near season records get hit then let the redshirt, freshmen and seniors, and Mason run around for most of the game.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:It’s about more than wins and losses. It always has been.
Clemson just completed a 12-0 regular season by beating their in state rival by 21 points, 56-35. Many were upset with Clemson's play. Coach Swinney said his goal is to win by 1 more point. "When that isn't enough, it's time for me to move on to something else". He called those complaining, "shameful".
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Hoping others will join me in skipping the Marshall-Tech game and show their true loyalty by supporting LU football (and Turner Gill) at Williams Stadium on Saturday vs. Norfolk State.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Hoping others will join me in skipping the Marshall-Tech game and show their true loyalty by supporting LU football (and Turner Gill) at Williams Stadium on Saturday vs. Norfolk State.
:football Cider, will you have friends in "high places" again, for Norfolk State game ?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Students are back, correct? I am curious to see how the students come out...to be honest I like them to focus their energy on the LU/Georgia State basketball game but that may be because I am so burnt out with the football program at this point.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, even if that was a one-time experience, I'm very thankful for experiencing club seating for the first time last Saturday.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:I know many of us would say, "Wow! We should've been 8-4 this year" and I would agree with you. However, a high majority on this board and a really high majority of major college football prediction magazines and articles said Liberty would win an average of 3 to 4 games. Almost all of the magazines and articles mentioned our streak of 12 straight seasons without a losing record and that this season would absolutely break that streak. By winning this weekend we prove all of them and most of us wrong.

Perspective, I think only 8 other teams finished with a better or similar record in their first year of FBS. Perspective, we proved MANY people wrong this year. Perspective, we are FBS ready and we are talking about how we should've been 8-4!

This season has not only been a success but has exceeded expectations even with all the disappointments that we have brought up over and over again.
Reality....................... we only beat one team with a winning record.......... Troy. And we lost to a team that only won 3 games. 8) 8)
flameshaw wrote:
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:I know many of us would say, "Wow! We should've been 8-4 this year" and I would agree with you. However, a high majority on this board and a really high majority of major college football prediction magazines and articles said Liberty would win an average of 3 to 4 games. Almost all of the magazines and articles mentioned our streak of 12 straight seasons without a losing record and that this season would absolutely break that streak. By winning this weekend we prove all of them and most of us wrong.

Reality....................... we only beat one team with a winning record.......... Troy. And we lost to a team that only won 3 games. 8) 8)
Let him continue to enjoy himself at Gilltown.
By rtb72
ballcoach15 wrote:I hope we open up play book, and run some new plays, and not be so conservative.

Sure...why not. Let's FINALLY open up the playbook on the last game of the season.
By LibertyD
Let's not take this team for granted and end up losing the finale! Keep the same playbook and just execute better than they do and make better coaching decisions to get to a victory. I'm looking forward to next season!
LibertyD wrote:Let's not take this team for granted and end up losing the finale! Keep the same playbook and just execute better than they do and make better coaching decisions to get to a victory. I'm looking forward to next season!
We all are.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:With Thomas Road Baptist Church having 3 performances of the VCS Saturday, traffic will be "interesting".
In the interest of supporting LU football they should stream the game on the big screens in the auditorium during the Christmas show.
Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry defea[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]

LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]