Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
It's now, I think, called the Virginia Christmas Spectacular.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: Should wait until 2nd or 3rd week in December.
After the LU students leave for break, Ballcoach? :dontgetit
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Last day of class is Tuesday! With Final Exams the next few days after that. Study
By LU 57
ballcoach15 wrote:Yes that's what it is now. Has been for a few years.

You have been coached up.

In my opinion, it's too early. Should wait until 2nd or 3rd week in December.
Ha. Have been out of the area since I graduated in the 90s. Had forgotten all about it. It is a pretty neat show as I recall.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Back to back Employee Appreciation Days, where faculty again get 10 free tickets to this game! :clapping
By LU 57
ballcoach15 wrote:You should do a return trip and visit campus. You will be shocked at all the changes, since the 90s.
I have visited several times the last few years for various reasons. Have had football season tickets the last 3 years but do not make as many games as I would like (generally kid stuff). Have also been to a few baseball games and to the LU/VT scrimmage.

You are correct though, the campus is amazing. My daughter went to CFAW this year so we may be visiting more often before long.

Have not made it to the new TRBC though. I had totally forgotten about the Living Christmas Tree. May have to check that out at some point too.
By LU 57
ballcoach15 wrote:And check out Liberty's best sport, softball, this spring.
I watched them play against USC in the regional on TV. Very impressive.

You are right though. I do need to check them out in person.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
I hope we win, but play bad enough for them to have no choice but to let Gill go. I have nothing personal against Gill but his time is done. We are never going to win more than 6 games a year with him here. Thanks for your service Turner but now is the time for Ian and Jr. to pull the trigger. 42-28 Flames win and Atlas Van Lines truck start rolling in at 7pm.
givemethemic wrote:I hope we win, but play bad enough for them to have no choice but to let Gill go. I have nothing personal against Gill but his time is done. We are never going to win more than 6 games a year with him here. Thanks for your service Turner but now is the time for Ian and Jr. to pull the trigger. 42-28 Flames win and Atlas Van Lines truck start rolling in at 7pm.
We all hope, but it seems like friendship overlaps the mediocrity of the football program to Jerry Jr.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Liberty University: we won’t pay you crap to work here but we’ll give you free football tickets to the worst games of the year so we can make our attendance numbers!
No one is making any of the professors work there................. are they? I believe they are all free angents and can work where they wish as long as someone is willing to hire them. 8) Maybe something has changed recently? :shock:
By rtb72
Cider Jim wrote:Weather.com says 25% chance of rain at kickoff and the 45%-65% chance of rain for the rest of the game. :rainy

https://weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/24502:4:US
It's the last game and we skipped out last week, so we're going regardless. Also gonna take in the basketball game. THAT is what I'm excited about. I believe i read you get in the BB game with your football ticket? Looking forward to a full day of LU sports.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I'll also be doing the football and basketball games, but NO tailgating. :nono :tailgate :nonono
Future Schedules.... Again

One day, our fans will learn to appreciate the imp[…]

Prayers please

Gods design is not only simpler, but way more pl[…]

CUSA Tournament Las Cruces, NM

Please correct me if I am wrong, but after doing a[…]

Volleyball Coach

Looks like Nolan Albrecht will be acting head co[…]