Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
Stevev wrote:Attendance was reported as 16,022. That is impressive considering the weather and students being off. Is that an accurate figure?
We gave away thousands upon thousands of tickets to staff that went unused but could be included in the total.
Those would count as Purchased Tickets which I believe are still counted towards attendance. Since they were purchased by the University they would count the same as Joe Blow buying a ticket and not showing up
By Jonathan Carone
Purple Haize wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:
Stevev wrote:Attendance was reported as 16,022. That is impressive considering the weather and students being off. Is that an accurate figure?
We gave away thousands upon thousands of tickets to staff that went unused but could be included in the total.
Those would count as Purchased Tickets which I believe are still counted towards attendance. Since they were purchased by the University they would count the same as Joe Blow buying a ticket and not showing up
Correct. It’s what G5’s do.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Each faculty/staff member was given 10 tickets today. Who can do the math on that? :dontgetit
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Each faculty/staff member was given 10 tickets today. Who can do the math on that? :dontgetit
5 out of 4 people find math difficult
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:
i caught a little bit of the 2nd half on tv: the new east side grandstands had MAYBE 200 people - top deck was literally deserted. As in EMPTY
This will be a problem for the next two years. The dreaded Thanksgiving weekend home game. You could say it would be better if we were on the road this week.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Yes the defense played better. Yes there were many crossing routes over the middle that they connected on and a couple deep balls that they missed. They did well against run and got pressure in key spots and controlled los at key times.

Offense was yuck.

Special teams coverage was weak as usual. Alves and probert solid.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
No way most students are staying on campus over Thanksgiving for a Tuesday game. Most of them left campus on the Thursday or Friday from the week before and then had this whole week off.
By Jonathan Carone
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:I wonder if we could bump the game up to Tuesday night next year? Get it on ESPNU and sell that to the students and community to see if that puts butts in the seats.
We play the Saturday before. It’d be impossible to move that to a Tuesday. And, like was mentioned, students aren’t staying for NMSU, UMass, or Army.

We’ve just got to get used to this game being empty each year because we play at home here through 2021.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Yes the defense played better. Yes there were many crossing routes over the middle that they connected on and a couple deep balls that they missed. They did well against run and got pressure in key spots and controlled los at key times.

Offense was yuck.

Special teams coverage was weak as usual. Alves and probert solid.
The defense looked better because the opponents offense was inept
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Some stats to chew on and some to be thankful for aka today's defensive performance.

@ NM St. we gave up 567 yards and 49 points with 165(5.9 yards per rush) yards receiving and 402 yards passing.

Home vs. NM St. we gave up 396 yards and 21 points (1 offensive TD) with 83 yards rushing(3.1 yards per rush) and 313 yards passing.

Almost 200 yards less of offense by NM State and almost literally 50% less rushing yards. The biggest defensive stat was our D held them to 3-16 on 3rd down conversions. When we played at their place they went 9-18 on 3rd downs! MAJOR IMPROVEMENT!

I know NM St. is not a very good team, BUT we did what we were supposed to do today and for that I am thankful!
By rtb72
thepostman wrote:
bigsmooth wrote:good win. Defense played much better, but Joe Dailey calls a way too conservative game. When we were up 28-14, we should have stepped on their necks. beat NSU next week and finish 6-6...though it should be 8-4.
I don't completely disagree but I wonder if that has to do with them losing trust in Buckshot.

I know I have lost faith in him but then again we have been fairly conservative all year.

I do disagree that the defense was MUCH better..they played ok and luckily NMSU is just a bad team.
Could be there's some trust lost in the coaching staff as well. Is the enthusiasm and motivation still the same?
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:I was impressed that our defense stopped at least two 4th down attempts by NMSU. And I think our defense held them to only ONE offensive touchdown: their other scores were a pic-6 , a special teams TD, and a FG.

If Gill wins next week and finishes 6-6 in his first year at FBS, he deserves a contract extension, right? Are you with me, Flameshaw?
Yes, if you are happy with overall mediocrity and losing games we shouldn't lose, I would say "Gill for life'"
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Inept compared to uva and auburn yes. However, since they changed to this qb during the game against us they have put up solid offensive numbers in terms of points and yardage. Also compared to what they did to us the first time it was no question a much better performance.

I have been a huge critic of the defense and coverage on special teams. However, i can be fair and acknowledge a solid performance. Especially when there was only 3 good defensive showings all year ha.

Im curious why we dont use peart on kickoffs. His touchback percentage is much better than probert and our coverage is weak. I would use peart on kickoffs and probert on field goals.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:I caught the NMSU radio broadcast for awhile. They had maybe a little bit more enthusiasm that SR on Color. But it just seemed like neither team wanted to be out there. Be it weather be it whatever. Now to be fair, I had just switched over from the OSU Michigan game. I will say our PxP guy is as good as there is though. And Nick is wasted on the side line
Nick should be doing PxP. I know warner is good. but nick is on another level and they have taken stuff away from him. Its sad really. We are probably gonna lose him if he doesn't start getting more responsibility.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
flamesfilmguy wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:I caught the NMSU radio broadcast for awhile. They had maybe a little bit more enthusiasm that SR on Color. But it just seemed like neither team wanted to be out there. Be it weather be it whatever. Now to be fair, I had just switched over from the OSU Michigan game. I will say our PxP guy is as good as there is though. And Nick is wasted on the side line
Nick should be doing PxP. I know warner is good. but nick is on another level and they have taken stuff away from him. Its sad really. We are probably gonna lose him if he doesn't start getting more responsibility.
+1
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
flamesfilmguy wrote:
I agree completely. I know I am biased when it comes to Nick as I consider him a good friend but it really is a head scratcher that he isn't being given more on air responsibilities. Nick is an LU guy and is very loyal but for some reason that isn't rewarded. It is really odd.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:
flamesfilmguy wrote:
+1
+1 more

I'd say more but considering who reads this board, i might get myself blacklisted (and considering the only time i did pxp other than LCA football was a hockey game that did not go well, i would like to have a chance to try again)
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]