Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I caught the NMSU radio broadcast for awhile. They had maybe a little bit more enthusiasm that SR on Color. But it just seemed like neither team wanted to be out there. Be it weather be it whatever. Now to be fair, I had just switched over from the OSU Michigan game. I will say our PxP guy is as good as there is though. And Nick is wasted on the side line
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Our defense played with guts today and that was with Juwan well being out the majority of the game too due to injury. Austin Lewis played well in the absence of Wells.

Thankful for the win and an opportunity to keep the streak alive of not having a losing season since 2005!!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
lawrenceq wrote:
Stevev wrote:The defense performed admirably today. :)
I smell a raise coming up for Wimbo. :shock:
You remember the last things you’ve seen. For the LU defense it won’t be UMASS and Army. It will NMSU and Norfolk St
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Win pretty or win ugly, a win counts the same in the win-loss record
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Our defense played better than they did the first time we played them but that wouldn't of taken much. There were a ton of overthrown passes and a lot of the same mistakes were being made that the defense have been making every week.

We are better than NMSU so I am glad we could get the win but lets not pretend the defense showed that much progress...
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
good win. Defense played much better, but Joe Dailey calls a way too conservative game. When we were up 28-14, we should have stepped on their necks. beat NSU next week and finish 6-6...though it should be 8-4.
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
lawrenceq wrote:
Stevev wrote:The defense performed admirably today. :)
I smell a raise coming up for Wimbo. :shock:
You remember the last things you’ve seen. For the LU defense it won’t be UMASS and Army. It will NMSU and Norfolk St
That's football. They tell championship contenders to lose early, unless you are Alabama. :dontgetit
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote:good win. Defense played much better, but Joe Dailey calls a way too conservative game. When we were up 28-14, we should have stepped on their necks. beat NSU next week and finish 6-6...though it should be 8-4.
I don't completely disagree but I wonder if that has to do with them losing trust in Buckshot.

I know I have lost faith in him but then again we have been fairly conservative all year.

I do disagree that the defense was MUCH better..they played ok and luckily NMSU is just a bad team.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Attendance was reported as 16,022. That is impressive considering the weather and students being off. Is that an accurate figure?
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Stevev wrote:Attendance was reported as 16,022. That is impressive considering the weather and students being off. Is that an accurate figure?
Probably all those tickets Liberty bought 8)
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Stevev wrote:Attendance was reported as 16,022. That is impressive considering the weather and students being off. Is that an accurate figure?
i caught a little bit of the 2nd half on tv: the new east side grandstands had MAYBE 200 people - top deck was literally deserted. As in EMPTY
By CCWMichael
Was there. There was no need for anyone to sit in a spot that was not covered.
yes, it was that empty.
Now, the enclosed upper decks looked quite full. I am sure the other 15K fit in there.
By CCWMichael
thepostman wrote:
bigsmooth wrote:good win. Defense played much better, but Joe Dailey calls a way too conservative game. When we were up 28-14, we should have stepped on their necks. beat NSU next week and finish 6-6...though it should be 8-4.
I don't completely disagree but I wonder if that has to do with them losing trust in Buckshot.

I know I have lost faith in him but then again we have been fairly conservative all year.

I do disagree that the defense was MUCH better..they played ok and luckily NMSU is just a bad team.
Live look on the D.
The secondary had blown assignments ... or the vaunted NMST offense drew up really great plays.
NMST had quite a few open in the secondary that were missed.
300 plus yards that were good by NMST w/o the missed chances.
Peters was picked on a bit (out routes in the 4th) and lucky he was not called on the endzone broken up pass. It seems he never gets his head around.
Not to just hold Peters out there so look at all the open . Slants were open many times and the receivers did not need to expend any leverage.
But we kept the point total down. Oh, and under 600 yards. But, it was NMST.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I was impressed that our defense stopped at least two 4th down attempts by NMSU. And I think our defense held them to only ONE offensive touchdown: their other scores were a pic-6 , a special teams TD, and a FG.

If Gill wins next week and finishes 6-6 in his first year at FBS, he deserves a contract extension, right? Are you with me, Flameshaw?
By Jonathan Carone
We gave away thousands upon thousands of tickets to staff that went unused but could be included in the total.
By Jonathan Carone
Cider Jim wrote:If Gill wins next week and finishes 6-6 in his first year at FBS, he deserves a contract extension, right?
You could argue he does.

I’d argue you’re wrong.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

When you have a chance to pick up a talent like th[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]