Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
New Mexico State University
Las Cruces, New Mexico

NMSU Football Official Site

Crimson Country Message Board

Doug Martin
6th Season as NMSU Head Coach

2018 Schedule/Results
  • AUG 25 - WYOMING ............................................................ L 7-29
    AUG 30 - @ MINNESOTA ..................................................... L 10-48
    SEP 08 - UTAH STATE ......................................................... L 13-60
    SEP 15 - NEW MEXICO ........................................................ L 25-42
    SEP 22 - UTEP .................................................................... W 27-20
    OCT 06 - LIBERTY ................................................................ W 49-41
    OCT 13 - LOUISIANA-LAFAYETTE ........................................ L 66-38
    OCT 20 - GEORGIA SOUTHERN ........................................... L 48-31
    OCT 27 - @ TEXAS STATE .................................................... L 27-20
    NOV 03 - ALCORN STATE .................................................... W 52-42
    NOV 17 - @ BYU .................................................................. L 45-10
    NOV 24 - @ LIBERTY ........................................................... Noon MT

Key Players
    #14 Josh Adkins
    6' 2" 218 lbs Redshirt Freshman Quarterback
    In 9 Games Played: 193-of-339 (56.9%) for 2250 Yds with 12 TDs & 8 INTs + 75 Carries for 102 Yds

#25 Christian Gibson
    6' 1" 210 lbs Senior Running Back
    Thru 11 Games: 90 Carries for 568 Yds (6.3 YPC) and 6 TDs + 8 Catches for 73 Yds

#13 Johnathan Boone
    6' 3" 190 lbs Senior Receiver (JUCO Transfer)
    Thru 5 Games: 52 Catches for 624 Yds (12.0 YPC) with 3 TDs

#23 Ron LaForce
    6' 1" 180 lbs Senior Safety (JUCO Transfer)
    In 9 Games Played: 110 Tackles including 49 Solos

#2 Terrill Hanks
    6' 3" 235 lbs Senior Linebacker
    In 8 Games Played: 89 Tackles including 6.5 for Loss + 2 INTa + 1 Forced Fumble + 1 Fumble Recovery

#7 Javahan Furgurson
    6' 1" 224 lbs Junior Linebacker
    In 9 Games Played: Team-Leading 121 Tackles including 4.5 Sacks + 1 Forced Fumble & 2 Recoveries
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
3 weeks ago I’d said we’d win.

Now I don’t think we will.

Not even sure I really care enough to even go.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I'm tailgating, and I'll be there with my usual old hag crew (+1). :oldhag
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If weather is good, I think we have more than 8,000. Everyone needs to come out and support the team.

I have a hunch "we will come to play" and beat New Mexico State. This is one game "we need to win"..
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
If I am right, this team has mentally checked out and we lose by 2+ touchdowns. I am hoping I am wrong and they play with pride. If so, we win by 10+. I agree with the 8,000 in the stands. I think that might be generous.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Forecasts are calling for rain Saturday. Maybe 6500 would be more like it if that holds true.
If it rains I’m calling 5k
By Pilotguy24
I'm finally going to a home game after we beat Coastal at home 3 years ago! Super excited to see campus again and see how much as changed since I graduated. Not excited about the weather forecast. Probably not gonna see more than 10k at the game, but at least my whole family will be there. What sections do y'all recommend I buy tickets in for the "best seat in the house"?

I really hope LU avenges their loss in Las Cruces (especially beacuse I was there). I just don't know which team we are gonna see on Saturday.
By Pilotguy24
Jonathan Carone wrote:Buy the cheapest seat possible then move wherever you want.
Thanks! Family Pack seems like the best deal for single game tickets.
By rtb72
Yeah...I may have to skip if the weather is bad. The first two games at home were tough to sit through with the weather. I'm hoping for blue skies and big gains (for us that is).
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Attendance is down just about everywhere. I watch several NFL games yesterday and I couldn't believe all the empty seats. Especially at the Redskin game. A beautiful fall Sunday afternoon, team having a good season and 20K+ open seats. Nascar attendance has been pitiful. With TV coverage as good as it is now sports in general would be wise to give away seats to keep people in the stands. Make the money on TV rights. When fans lose interest in attending in person it shows up on TV and eventually it becomes a non event even on TV.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
many venues are pricing fans away. Concessions, parking, hotels all add up. Ticket prices are bad also in many venues. But I think people are willing to pay for ticket, if they are not "robbed" in other ways.

As for LU, televising games locally hurts attendance, in my opinion.

But with FBS football being played in Lynchburg, VA, fans need to come out.
By CCWMichael
Should win?
We were not going to make it as of last week. Snow was initially forcasted.
We will make it now and it will be our last this year.

My daughter is not giving us much of a choice. She wants to be there.
Good weekend to use points for a free stay. I just fear T-day traffic down 81.

How big of a fan is my daughter? If I speak ill of the coaching she will scold me: "hey that's our coach"
Quite frankly, if it were not for her we would hold out on the shoot out. But, it will be nice to see the boys live and hopefuly the last time seeing some coaching staff.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
We are coming in as a 9 point favorite.

Crazy after losing 3 straight but home-field advantage plays a roll in this. I really do think we avenge our loss to them and win this one by atleast 2 scores.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote:Yeah...I may have to skip if the weather is bad. The first two games at home were tough to sit through with the weather. I'm hoping for blue skies and big gains (for us that is).
Forecast - Rain and in the low 40's.
By CCWMichael
Sly Fox wrote:For the record, it sounds you raised your daughter well. That's a great response if you are speaking truth.
I welcome anyone at the game to try to talk down the coach or the team and get an earful from her 8)
Frankly, to speak ill of anyone and she will call you out :lol: :lol:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
PLEASE introduce her to Flameshaw. She needs to teach him a lesson on loyalty.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:PLEASE introduce her to Flameshaw. She needs to teach him a lesson on loyalty.
ROFLMAO
And manners
Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by So[…]