Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By cruzan_flame13
The total points that Auburn scored on us today is the same amount of points that Saint Francis scored in the women’s basketball game earlier. Let that sink in for a moment.

And it’s good business to keep Gill and some of the staff for next season? We couldn’t even make a field goal to a team who wasn’t really trying.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:If Ian makes the decision to fire Gill, does he wait until after the early signing period?
I would hope not. Tradition dictates you let them know ASAP so that the Institution, Coaches and Players can start looking for other options before they are gone
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
First shutout loss since 2005...oy...
By Class of 20Something
Purple Haize wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:If Ian makes the decision to fire Gill, does he wait until after the early signing period?
I would hope not. Tradition dictates you let them know ASAP so that the Institution, Coaches and Players can start looking for other options before they are gone
I agree but tradition never had early signing
By BigRed1
cruzan_flame13 wrote:The total points that Auburn scored on us today is the same amount of points that Saint Francis scored in the women’s basketball game earlier. Let that sink in for a moment.

And it’s good business to keep Gill and some of the staff for next season? We couldn’t even make a field goal to a team who wasn’t really trying.
And this good business to keep Gill means we have his incompetence to look forward to again next year. Depressing!
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
Not that it mattered to the score obviously but when was the last time you saw a coach use all his timeouts in the first quarter and none in the second half?

Or before the first play from scrimmage?

Or for a meaningless PAT...in the first quarter?
Last edited by Just John on November 17th, 2018, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
Probably will.
By Jonathan Carone
You don’t want kids signing with a coach who isn’t going to be their coach. That’s not fair to the kids and could be argued as being unethical and misleading.*

*edit: when you know you’re going to fire the coach after the kid signed.
By cruzan_flame13
I don’t see it happening since Jerry likes Gill. I want to believe McCaw could do his job on this one, but Jerry seems to be too involved when it comes to sports.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
I agree but tradition never had early signing
I don’t think it matters. The sooner you cut ties the sooner players can decide to stay or go and the sooner the new staff knows what holes to fill
By Class of 20Something
Jonathan Carone wrote:You don’t want kids signing with a coach who isn’t going to be their coach. That’s not fair to the kids and could be argued as being unethical and misleading.*

*edit: when you know you’re going to fire the coach after the kid signed.
That was my line of thinking but could seeing them believe that CFB is too cutthroat for that.
By CCWMichael
We are who I thought we were. But worse.
I thought the O could get some garbage points.

Good thing Auburn laid off of us.

So we know our D is useless and our head coach stands behind the simplicity?????????

Our lack of rushing production was no surprise. I thought we couls at lest connect on a pass or two. I guess I over rated our O.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
I don’t see it happening since Jerry likes Gill. I want to believe McCaw could do his job on this one, but Jerry seems to be too involved when it comes to sports.
We all know how much Jerry knows about college sports.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I hope Jerry enjoyed seeing the embarrassing show that the football put on display. Our program is not #FBSReady

I agree please let Ian do his job. #firegill
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Was it too big a moment too soon for the program?
By sigmo7
Registration Days Posts
Don't see how that could be the case. FCS teams routinely play the big boys, surely a transitioning FBS team shouldn't be shell shocked.
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote:Was it too big a moment too soon for the program?
It made us see that McCaw can get big programs to play in a few months with some help. Hopefully Jerry will get a reality check of his pride and let McCaw do what he does best. Reason why Baylor improved several programs who are still dominant right now(no need to bring up the football situation; I get it).
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
sigmo7 wrote:Don't see how that could be the case. FCS teams routinely play the big boys, surely a transitioning FBS team shouldn't be shell shocked.
FCS schools circle those games though. It’s a different mentality
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]