Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
ALAFlamesFan wrote:Buckshot has lost what mental toughness he may have had and has called it a season. Just flat out given up and gotten desperate. No discipline. No control. I have never seen a starting QB implode and regress the way he has the past few games. Never. I am half expecting him to quit football all together next.
No way to prove it one way or the other, but I believe most of Calvert's problems have to do with the way he is used/coached.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
This is karcher era bad. I mean auburn is auburn but this is a down auburn resting guys and were gonna lose by 70?

Buckshot 2 for last 21. Wow.

Umass is putting up a much better effort against georgia.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:1 for last 19 passing :shock:
I quit watching a while ago, wasn't aware of that stat. However not the best position to be in when the D knows you have to pass and your OL can't block the opposition. That is a pretty small sample size. He hasn't done as well this year as last for sure.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:
ALAFlamesFan wrote:Buckshot has lost what mental toughness he may have had and has called it a season. Just flat out given up and gotten desperate. No discipline. No control. I have never seen a starting QB implode and regress the way he has the past few games. Never. I am half expecting him to quit football all together next.
No way to prove it one way or the other, but I believe most of Calvert's problems have to do with the way he is used/coached.
This.

Coaches killed Bucks confidence they have no plays designed to set him to succeed ala like today. This has been the story the whole year. This game with the slants or plays with the bombs. When the line is getting controlled they have no plays from him to roll out to get him comfortable.

As we seen with Woodrum the coaches can’t develop QBs. I kind of hope for Bucks sake he moves on and finds someone that can help him take the next step.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I think Presby and St. Francis were worse. There were some other ones pretty close as well. Hampton, G-W, VMI come to mind as being in the same ballpark.
By cruzan_flame13
McCaw needs to do what’s best for the program, not what’s best for Jerry. I feel bad for Buckshot and the guys; clearly they’re not appreciated as we’ll like to believe with these calls.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, we weren't suppose to win this game and there are plenty of other games we have lost over the years we were suppose to win so it can't go down as the worse loss but it certainly sums up everything I already believed about this inept coaching staff.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:McCaw needs to do what’s best for the program, not what’s best for Jerry. I feel bad for Buckshot and the guys; clearly they’re not appreciated as we’ll like to believe with these calls.
I think McCaw is given more freedom to run the program as he sees fit but at the end of the day Jerry still has to sign off on any coaching changes made. Gill has a year left on his contract. He will see the end of his contract. Simple as that.

I don't have to like it but that is what makes the most business sense.

Unfortunately it won't create too much excitement around the program.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
So, I don't care if we go 2-0 the final two home games. The Gill era should end after this year. I am thankful for the BIG victories we have had under his tenure and thankful for the Christian man that he is. But, the last few weeks have put me 100% on the move on from Gill train. It is what is best for the football program.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
For what it's worth, in 2013 LU beat Auburn in Quiz Bowl, 290-65. Study
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUinPA wrote:Shall I say it...worse lose in program History? Thoughts.....
I believe LU lost to the JV team for the State of West Virginia 70-0 or something
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I knew we beat them, but I had to look up the year and the score. True story, though.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:I believe LU lost to the JV team for the State of West Virginia 70-0 or something
Purple, the score was 63-3, and I left at halftime with my Dad.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

At what point in history was the ACC ever any bett[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

With all due respect, Atrain was in Dallas in his […]

LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]