Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
You can tell when its just outathleted. Im fine with that. But man there has been no less than 10 instances where were just totally out coached or poorly positioned or bad communication or subs.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
sigmo7 wrote:I feel sorry for the kids.
They need to play hard and show some pride in themselves. But they are clearly outclassed
By sigmo7
Registration Days Posts
I'm not just talking about this game. It has nothing to do with who they are playing or the score of the game. I'm talking about their leadership on the sidelines and up in the booth.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
These announcers are just crushing dailey and wimbo with the same stuff weve been saying all year. Yet gill is getting paid a mil a year.
By BigRed1
jinxy wrote:These announcers are just crushing dailey and wimbo with the same stuff weve been saying all year. Yet gill is getting paid a mil a year.
And sadly he continues to be and probably will continue to be the coach and “face” of Liberty football.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Our defense is tackling much better today and has held the Barns O to only two field goals. Not bad for the first quarter.
What game are you watching?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
lawrenceq wrote:To God be the glory. Go Flames!
That check will still cash! Amen!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
On Dish, the game is on channel 596.

Warning: LU is down 32-0, so watch at your own risk. :shock:
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
lawrenceq wrote:To God be the glory. Go Flames!
That check will still cash! Amen!
Yes it will.
Last edited by lawrenceq on November 17th, 2018, 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Time to turn it off. My thoughts.

#firegill

-No roll outs for Buck. Made him a sitting duck in the pocket, especially with only 5 blockers. No help.
-No check down options for him
-No creativity
-Running on first down every play :roll:
-Terrible management.

Announcers were calling the staff out for this.

If this doesn't open Ian's eyes I don't know what will.
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
Ewglenn wrote:Gill on the game so far “their personnel is just better than our personnel, we are going to change some schemes”
Sounds encouraging
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Ewglenn wrote:Gill on the game so far “their personnel is just better than our personnel, we are going to change some schemes”
Their coaches are better than our coaches.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Probably Gill at half time: “We just need to excute. If we just execute our execution, we’ll be executing what we executed.”
Last edited by jbock13 on November 17th, 2018, 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Clearly they are better than us. We all knew that going in but it doesn't even seem like Auburn is trying and they are still routing us because we have zero passion out there. I always say this when we play better competition, but losing is not ever the issue it is the complete lack of pride and the utter incompetence of our coaching staff that just blows my mind week after week.

I have zero doubt Turner Gill will remain our coach come next year so I just need to get use to that.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
sigmo7 wrote:I feel sorry for the kids.
Agree. Bad enough to go in there against big time opposition. But to go in there so unprepared and out-coached is really sad and embarrassing.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
I have zero doubt Turner Gill will remain our coach come next year so I just need to get use to that.
We're probably going to give him an extension. LOL.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

When you have a chance to pick up a talent like th[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]