Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote:Just after the 11 minute mark is a very telling statement.
https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2018/ ... berty.html
Lol are you talking about where he said our defense “is very well coached” “they don’t do very much” (which is what I’m assuming you were saying) or the best quote about our defense “what they do they’re very good at.” Haha yea we are very good at giving up 40+ and 700 yards!
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
A couple things to keep in mind:

1. The Gus Bus has won every game the week before Bama since he has been there and the closest margin was 21 against Idaho a few years back. Half-time score was 35-17 in that game. I say this to point out that Gus has a way of keeping them focused even against FCS teams in the past or G5 teams.

2. When they got punished on the ground against Miss St. for over 300 yards rushing the next week the defense gave up 30 points to a Tennessee team that was struggling to score (17.75ppg) against FBS teams(they put up 59 on East Tenn. St.). I watched some that game and Auburn's defense just looked tired and unmotivated against Tennessee. Georgia just put up over 300 yards rushing against them and it cost Auburn 1 and most likely 2 of their defensive starters. Here's to hoping the defense feels the same way against a team who has put up 33.875 ppg against FBS teams. There is a difference in competition BUT since the North Texas Game we have averaged 41 points per game so we can score.

3. Auburn is 1-2 when giving up over 200 yards of rushing and honestly they should be 0-3 had it not been for a costly INT against Texas A&M two weeks ago late in the 4th. . . sound familiar to us?

4. Enjoy this game flames fam as we are playing an SEC big boy football team! All of us at the beginning of the season chalked this one up as a loss so it can't get any worse and it can get a whole lot better.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Gus's direct quote in today's local paper:
"What really stands out to me is that they are very well coached."
Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?

G5 Playoff Only

We DO NOT want this. This is Division 1AA all ove[…]