Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote:I don't understand this over/under stuff, but I am predicting a big upset down on the Plains Saturday.
Over Under is predicting the combined point total of the game. For Example a 24-27 game is 51 total points.

O/U 60.5 is Vegas saying the combined scores of both teams will be 60.5 points. They use the half point to force all bets on one side or the other of the number.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I don't understand this over/under stuff.
I don't think ballcoach is a gambler. And he may have never been to Vegas. :dontgetit
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Im laying the points. I also think we lose by less than 28.5. Auburn is good but not beat us by 30 good.
By Class of 20Something
Jonathan Carone wrote:So Vegas thinks we will lose approximately 44-16.
Not a terribly dissimilar result than Charlottesville.

Just like last week though, an error free Liberty offense would produce a massively different result. I think 44-16 sounds right if we make the same kinds of mistakes.

Looking at last week, it came down to turnovers(interceptions + downs). When it comes down to offensive yards, 3rd down efficiency, penalties, time of possession, we can play a strong P5 close. Turnovers were the sole stat that we were not competitive with UVa.

Should be interesting to see how we perform. I don't foresee but one or two punts forced on the Tigers.
By Ewglenn
Class of 20Something wrote:
Vegas wrote:Auburn -28.5
O/U 60.5
AU 56
LU 17
Attendance: 84,012 (will be largest to see LU play)

Auburn has a good defense and doesn’t allow many points. They’ve only allowed 30+ once this season (UT scored 30). I like their defense and we can’t stop anyone.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider is right, I am not a gambler and I have never been to Las Vegas.

Auburn is coming off a loss to Georgia and they are looking ahead to their game with Alabama. I am picking LU in an upset, something like 31-28.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I want some of ballcoach's :koolaid . Make it a double. :koolaid :koolaid
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Fresh off the press from the Gus Bus, one of their starting DE's is out for the game and another starter on defense is day to day. They have had trouble stopping the run and you take 1 to 2 more out of their lineup on defense and it gets even harder to stop the run. This game could be interesting IF we turn the ball over no more than once.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:They have had trouble stopping the run and you take 1 to 2 more out of their lineup on defense and it gets even harder to stop the run.
If they only have 9 or 10 on defense, I like our chances.
By Commonwealth Posse
@Class of 20Something Props on the analysis, it’s right on. I was at the UVA game last week, if our offense is on, they can play big. We need to figure out how to score today and must get some needed stops on D. Hoping for an upset and to see the LU flag planted at the AU 50 yard line.
Class of 20Something wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:So Vegas thinks we will lose approximately 44-16.
Not a terribly dissimilar result than Charlottesville.

Just like last week though, an error free Liberty offense would produce a massively different result. I think 44-16 sounds right if we make the same kinds of mistakes.

Looking at last week, it came down to turnovers(interceptions + downs). When it comes down to offensive yards, 3rd down efficiency, penalties, time of possession, we can play a strong P5 close. Turnovers were the sole stat that we were not competitive with UVa.

Should be interesting to see how we perform. I don't foresee but one or two punts forced on the Tigers.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point gu[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://x.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216333887[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are a […]

New Mexico State

1 change and a couple of tweaks. But we swung ba[…]