Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Virginia Tech might need a 12th game to be bowl eligible, 4-4 with Pit, Mia and UVA left. Would they consider buying out our Norfolk State game? I know, probably a stupid question.
Last edited by TH Spangler on November 6th, 2018, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Class of 20Something
TH Spangler wrote:Virginia Tech might need of a 12th game to be bowl eligible, 4-4 with Pit, Mia and UVA left. Would they consider buying out our Norfolk State game? I know, probably a stupid question.
I would be okay with that and losing the home game, IF my season ticket got me in to Lane Stadium.
By Ewglenn
I think they should. Our bowl game is shot might as well. VT still has an outside shot at the ACC championship so they will probably wait until after this weekend.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach would absolutely LOVE this! :clapping :oldhag :pray
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
https://www.richmond.com/sports/college ... 3b13e.html
There is still a pair of wildcards in all of this. The Hokies had their Sept. 15 game against East Carolina cancelled due to a hurricane. ECU has since scheduled a game against North Carolina State on Dec. 1, ACC championship weekend.

If Tech can find a 12th game, it would give itself one more shot to get win No. 6.

Also, if there aren’t enough bowl eligible teams to fill all the myriad bowl games, 5-7 teams can get invited, based on their APR scores.

Of course, either of those routes would lead to criticism of the streak being artificially extended. There would be talk of an asterisk next to the 2018 season.

The Hokies can avoid that by winning two of three down the stretch.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If they scheduled 12th game, there be no asterisk. 12 games make up a season.

I would love to see VT come to Williams stadium. The way VT is playing right now, I believe LU would be 14 point favorites. If we did play VT, we should insist they come to us.
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote:If they scheduled 12th game, there be no asterisk. 12 games make up a season.

I would love to see VT come to Williams stadium. The way VT is playing right now, I believe LU would be 14 point favorites. If we did play VT, we should insist they come to us.

Live look at ballcoach

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I was just being funny on the 14 points.

But I follow VT closely. their offense is struggling, along with their defense. Their offense may be worse than our defense.
By LUOrange
I wonder how much trouble we'd have stopping Ferrum College's offense much less VA Tech's. But I'm all in on playing Tech, especially in Lynchburg. But if we had to go to Blacksburg, LU should get Tech to honor our NSU tickets should we cancel that game.
By Class of 20Something
LUOrange wrote:I wonder how much trouble we'd have stopping Ferrum College's offense much less VA Tech's. But I'm all in on playing Tech, especially in Lynchburg. But if we had to go to Blacksburg, LU should get Tech to honor our NSU tickets should we cancel that game.
Exactly. I haven't been to Lane but I would make the trip in a heart beat for that. Could make some serious goodwill and equity in future scheduling P5s too. Gives us an extra chance to potentially play for a bowl game too assuming we beat NMSU.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I would love to see VT come to Williams stadium. The way VT is playing right now, I believe LU would be 14 point favorites. If we did play VT, we should insist they come to us.
Ballcoach, with all your connections at Tech and their coaching staff, make it happen. Give them the hard sell. :fineprint
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
All my connections left when Coach Beamer retired. Once upon a time I had as good connections at VT as I have at LU now.

VT vs LU would big a big game, if both teams needed that 6th win.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:All my connections left when Coach Beamer retired. Once upon a time I had as good connections at VT as I have at LU now.

Well your current LU #sources are kinda awful
By tyndal23
ballcoach15 wrote:All my connections left when Coach Beamer retired. Once upon a time I had as good connections at VT as I have at LU now.

Thanks for sending Beamer Jr to Oklahoma - we love him. Boomer Sooner / Light Em Up.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Purple, some my sources are "higher up" than you think they are.
Based on their results I think by “higher up” you just mean “taller than you” :D
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Purple, some my sources are "higher up" than you think they are.
Based on their results I think by “higher up” you just mean “taller than you” :D
:lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote:I would rather have a chance at a 6-6 season with the current schedule than to schedule VT.
Considering that is an iffy proposition I’d rather have the sure thing!
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]