Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By CCWMichael
In my dreams earlier in the season I saw us beating Virginia. Given a few weeks to reflect on reality I can no longer hold that belief.

We have played New Mexico ranked 116 on defense, UMass ranked 119, New Mexico State ranked 121, and ODU ranked 126. All a slight bit worse than Liberty.

Army defensive rank 18, North Texas 29, Troy 41. We put up 14, 7, and 22 respectively.
Virginia is ranked 23 and Auburn 36 facing significantly more challenging teams than Libert and it's vaunted aerial attack.

Despite the chance that on any given Saturday I will not be drinking Kool-Aid these next two weeks. We will see the glaring defects we have on both sides of the ball.

Me, I will be drinking more than Kool-Aid the next two weeks in the hopes it matures into Kool-Aid :football
By LUOrange
Yeah, while anything is always possible, the next two Saturdays will probably be brutal. Fortunately for me, my Orangemen should beat up on Louisville on Friday before facing the Irish at Yankee Stadium, while we get thumped in Auburn.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We should have played Louisville this year. They are terrible.

Maybe the new stuff put in on defense that was supposed to work against Umass, will actually work against Virginia.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:We should have played Louisville this year. They are terrible.

Maybe the new stuff put in on defense that was supposed to work against Umass, will actually work against Virginia.
Even Tammy Faye Baker didn't have enough lipstick to put on that pig. 8)
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
UVA lost three to four starters on defense in the Pitt game. If they do not play the game Saturday it could be interesting but I'm sure the coaches will find a way to make some idiotic play calls. The LU OL must stop the UVA pass rush.
By tyndal23
I expect a Troy type game - Our O will be much less potent but our D matches up much better against this type of offense - sounds idiotic at first glance but we are stout in the box - our problem is when we are spread out and 2nd and 3rd level has to cover and make open field tackles. UVA has a huge corner that will give AGG a hard time similar to Army corner. I do think we can run on them however.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote:UVA lost three to four starters on defense in the Pitt game. If they do not play the game Saturday it could be interesting but I'm sure the coaches will find a way to make some idiotic play calls. The LU OL must stop the UVA pass rush.
Are you an LU first guy or UVA first guy?
By Class of 20Something
tyndal23 wrote:I expect a Troy type game - Our O will be much less potent but our D matches up much better against this type of offense - sounds idiotic at first glance but we are stout in the box - our problem is when we are spread out and 2nd and 3rd level has to cover and make open field tackles. UVA has a huge corner that will give AGG a hard time similar to Army corner. I do think we can run on them however.
We cannot line AGG up a yard off the sideline. Bring him closer to the formation and break some ankles.
By CCWMichael
bigsmooth wrote:UVA lost three to four starters on defense in the Pitt game. If they do not play the game Saturday it could be interesting but I'm sure the coaches will find a way to make some idiotic play calls. The LU OL must stop the UVA pass rush.
Cavs D line is their weakness so if there is any hope :football
By CCWMichael
CCWMichael wrote:
Cavs D line is their weakness so if there is any hope :football
Note: Cavs secondary is pretty good.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
This UVA game is one where I could see us playing up to competition with something to prove after the letdown last weekend. I am by no means saying that we will win, but UVA is way more winnable than Auburn. Auburn turned the corner last week against A&M and if they play to their strength aka Stidham throwing the ball they may give Georgia a run for their money next week.

Bryce Perkins is an electric player but is careless with the ball as well. If Jessie 'the sack machine' Lemonier can keep playing like he is and the rest of the d-line can get to Perkins and force a couple TO's then things could get interesting. I also see a resurgence of Stubbs coming into the gameplan this week.

However, this game could easily end up like Army where we get bet by 24 points.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:This UVA game is one where I could see us playing up to competition with something to prove after the letdown last weekend. I am by no means saying that we will win, but UVA is way more winnable than Auburn. Auburn turned the corner last week against A&M and if they play to their strength aka Stidham throwing the ball they may give Georgia a run for their money next week.

Bryce Perkins is an electric player but is careless with the ball as well. If Jessie 'the sack machine' Lemonier can keep playing like he is and the rest of the d-line can get to Perkins and force a couple TO's then things could get interesting. I also see a resurgence of Stubbs coming into the gameplan this week.

However, this game could easily end up like Army where we get bet by 24 points.
I would be ecstatic if we only get beat by 24 points against their first string.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
UVA has been sacked 26 times this season, which is just under 3 a game. That stat is similar to Umass and we were able to put pressure on their QB and sack him 7 times! Here is hoping we can sack Perkins atleast 3 times! On another note: Buckshot has only been sacked 15 times in 8 games. Something that has gone unnoticed is the play of the offensive line. Their high level of play will need to continue if we even have a slight chance to upset UVA.

And lets not forget that the ACC coastal is having a serious down year. ODU beat Tech!

UVA should have NEVER been ranked!
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
And what did that 7 sack performance get us against a team that is no where near as good as UVa?
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
We did lose to a team that we should have beat. All I am driving at is IF we can pressure the QB like we did against UMASS it does give us a fighters chance.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm th[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]