Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
At least they didn’t give up 1,000 yards. :D
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote:We sucked more than they did.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Shut down the Internet! We have a winner!
By Man_the_kay
Our defense is like Automatic doors.
Are they welcoming opponent's offense?

OR, Did UMASS say, "OPEN Sesame!!"?
By Jonathan Carone
This year has shown me you can get recruits to Liberty and win at Libery but you can’t win consistently with this staff. We legit could be 6-2 with a shot at an 8-4 season.

But we aren’t.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
This is something that you cant say lightly. That was the worst defensive performance ive ever seen. At any level.

Offense and special teams have problems and improvements to make. Defense just needs to be burned to the ground. The change should be made immediately.

If i was stamn i would be livid. He was a far better oc than wimberley is dc. He got the trigger pulled on him way quicker.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
This is what we all get for talking so much about a bowl bid.

What a joke. We were up 14 and Gill gets conservative on both sides of the ball and the lack of any kind of football IQ showed up once again from Buckshot.

I should be use to this by now but it never gets easier.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:The blame should lay on Gill primarily because he has refused to get rid of Wimbo. It’s malpractice.
I’ll ask you the same question: Any blame on Singletary as Co-Defensive Coordinator? Do they share equally in game planning?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:The blame should lay on Gill primarily because he has refused to get rid of Wimbo. It’s malpractice.
For the record I agree. I'm just shocked he acknowledged it. That's out of character.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
I’ll ask you the same question: Any blame on Singletary as Co-Defensive Coordinator? Do they share equally in game planning?
Please. That's not a real thing. Co defensive coordinator?? Wtf is that?? But if you want to play that game then yes, he should be fired too.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Please. That's not a real thing. Co defensive coordinator?? Stupid Hose is that?? But if you want to play that game then yes, he should be fired too.
The reason I ask is because it seems like one week LU does ok the next looks awful. Since they have the titles of Co-Coordinator do the alternate Who game plans for what game? Why have that designation at all if not?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Ha! W T F gets edited.

Stupid Hose!
#!@& off you crap eating (self edited)r :lol: :lol:

(Can’t wait to see how this got edited !)
(Not too well)
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I said this in rhe first straw poll and i feel even more certain of that now:

"Coach, i think youre an exemplary person off the field. Unfortunately, your on field product is not consistent with your off field excellence. So, we can go about this one of two ways. Either you fire all the defensive coaches, including the defensive coordinator, or...you're fired. You have 36 hours...i expect you in my office to let me know your decision...in person."
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:This year has shown me you can get recruits to Liberty and win at Libery but you can’t win consistently with this staff. We legit could be 6-2 with a shot at an 8-4 season.

But we aren’t.
We should be 6-2, and with some luck vs Army 7-1.

As for Co-defensive coordinator, that's sort of like Associate Head Coach, it's just a Title for the most part.

Changes need to be made now, maybe even before team gets back to Lynchburg.
Last edited by ballcoach15 on November 3rd, 2018, 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By cruzan_flame13
BJWilliams wrote:I said this in rhe first straw poll and i feel even more certain of that now:

"Coach, i think youre an exemplary person off the field. Unfortunately, your on field product is not consistent with your off field excellence. So, we can go about this one of two ways. Either you fire all the defensive coaches, including the defensive coordinator, or...you're fired. You have 36 hours...i expect you in my office to let me know your decision...in person."
Ummm...Gill shouldn’t be here either; this is a fact.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
According to the website, only Wimbo is titled as Defensive Coordinator and Singletary is Co-Defensive Coordinator. Based on that, my guess is that Wimbo would be above Singletary on an org chart. That being said, both are high enough that both should be gone or demoted based on our play.
By jcrew4
Registration Days Posts
Just read the following. In its last two games, Liberty has allowed 1,408 yards - to FCS Idaho State and 3-6 UMass.

How can the DC be employed on Tuesday?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:This year has shown me you can get recruits to Liberty and win at Libery but you can’t win consistently with this staff. We legit could be 6-2 with a shot at an 8-4 season.

But we aren’t.
We should be 6-2, and with some luck vs Army 7-1.

As for Co-defensive coordinator, that's sort of like Associate Head Coach, it's just a Title for the most part.

Changes need to be made now, maybe even before team gets back to Lynchburg.
Sometimes it is sometimes it isn’t. I know several set ups where responsiblity is shared that’s all I’m asking. Since they already have Associate Head Coaches the Co Coordinator spot makes me :dontgetit You could be right, it just seems an odd designation instead of just tagging on an Associate label.

As for changes being made before they get back to Lynchburg, why? If you’re going to replace the entire staff at the end of the year what good will it do? If you are thinking of retaining the HC I could see it.
By rtb72
Purple Haize wrote:At least they didn’t give up 1,000 yards. :D
Ha...wait till next week
By Jonathan Carone
thepostman wrote:Gill took the blame on this one. Wow...
I’m convinced they have people telling them what we are talking about here and how we are criticizing them. Every time there’s a topic for a day or two, they do something that directly speaks to the opposite of it.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Just remember that fine academic institution, Lo[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]