Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Do we have the personnel for the 4-3-4?

I personally like the 3-3-5, but I’m biased there as a fan for some obvious reasons.
By Class of 20Something
JK37 wrote:Do we have the personnel for the 4-3-4?

I personally like the 3-3-5, but I’m biased there as a fan for some obvious reasons.
Since we are probably talking about next season.

Lewis - Beadles - Elefante - Lenomier

Green (Sam) - Ajayi(Mike) - Tillmon/Espinoza(Will)

Wilson - Benton - Lester(has put on some lean muscle this year) - Scruggs

I might switch Green and Ajayi for speed reasons, but I think both are capable of handling the intellectual side of being the Mike.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I think with another year in the system Hunter Goetz could slide over and take one of the starting spots at safety or corner. Not to mention Isaac Steele has been decent all year long. But then again we don't know how good some of these other juocs will be either.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Every time I see this thread my mind goes to the last 3 letters in UMass because that’s how we played :P :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Do we have the personnel for the 4-3-4?

Dude. WVU’s defense isn’t that much better. Still can’t stop the run. Especially between the tackles
By Ewglenn
ballcoach15 wrote:3-3-5 is good if the defensive linemen are studs who can play.
Which is not Liberty’s strength historically.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
When I asked about personnel for 4-3-4, it was more a question of the depth. It was said earlier or maybe in another thread that we seem to not recruit linebackers well. My theory is if we are thin at LB, 4-2-5 is a natural answer.
By Ewglenn
JK37 wrote:When I asked about personnel for 4-3-4, it was more a question of the depth. It was said earlier or maybe in another thread that we seem to not recruit linebackers well. My theory is if we are thin at LB, 4-2-5 is a natural answer.
Well naturally, if you switch schemes, you would start recruiting for that scheme. We wouldn’t have the greatest personnel right now but this can’t get much worse than it was against UMASS.
By Class of 20Something
JK37 wrote:When I asked about personnel for 4-3-4, it was more a question of the depth. It was said earlier or maybe in another thread that we seem to not recruit linebackers well. My theory is if we are thin at LB, 4-2-5 is a natural answer.
Yeah just look at the two deep. Bookbinder might be safe but it's not because he is good at his job.

Solomon Ajayi - JUCO
Corbin Jackson - Recruited as a CB
Brandon Timon - Recruited as a S

That's our starters at LB and Spur

2 deep.

Remington Green - LB recruit
David King - LB recruit
Cenica Espinoza - JUCO.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Now your onto another problem that ive stated for a couple years. We have not recruited good lbs since sigmon and hyland. Ajayi is good. The others are all convertes like newman and tillmon.

Plus i would say in the past he was the least respected coach we had. 2 former studs of ours told me that personally. I was told this 2 years ago and its become painfully obvious.

Honestly not sure we can blame gill for him. From what i gathered he may have been forced on gill.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
Our lack of recruiting many LBs is by design. Bringing in safeties/spurs and later moving them to LB is also by design - that was the plan with Tillmon all along.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Also

King was a walkon. Espinoza was a late sign with no offers. Green committed early. No offers.

Dallas griffiths may have been the last highly recruited lb we had and he gills first year and im pretty sure had already committed to roccos group since his bro was on the team.

Turned out to be a bust.

Their design stinks. Like most everything else done on defense.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Bookbinder may have been forced on gill.
By whom? Does Gill have a person pulling his strings and others, and is that why Gill remains also? As in, do this and he keeps his HC job?
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
ill let you do the math on that one. Reread mansons recent article.
Last edited by jinxy on November 7th, 2018, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
On a separate note. Special teams showed big time improvement in the last 2 weeks. Offense has made a few mistakes but they wre playing well.

Gill and wimbo wont convince anybody that the defenses problem is just personnel. Unbelievable that he wont adjust it when the other 2 units are showing real promise.
Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point[…]

Longwood

Liberty heads east down 460 today for a game at Lo[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Week #4 Top Performers - Runs - Gatorbait 49 HR[…]