Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote:Gill and co snatching defeat from the jaws of victory
Buckshot had a lot to do with that Loss too. Again that’s why I’d have gone for two in the 2ot to try and steal the win.
By Pilotguy24
I'm sick and tired of watching this team lose games like this playing no defense at all. We don't even deserve to go to a bowl game this year after that performance. I have no words. I'm just incredibly ticked off at the incompetence of our coaching staff
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote:
Liberty22 wrote:Gill and co snatching defeat from the jaws of victory
Buckshot had a lot to do with that Loss too. Again that’s why I’d have gone for two in the 2ot to try and steal the win.
It'd be nice if they got creative in their passing plays besides calling posts to AGG. Yeah it's easy to blame Buck but all they call is deep passes to Stubbs and AGG. Nothing creative. It's so predictable. Just like when they come out of the half. That's when we get conservative.

Gill is such a joke of a coach. Stop what was working in the 4th and gets so conservative to let UMASS come back. We've seen this so many times.
Last edited by ballah09 on November 3rd, 2018, 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I thought I was watching a Redskins game for minute!
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Wimbo should be walking back to Lynchburg after this performance.
By rtb72
This is a true illustration of LU football under Gull. Last week we’re up, this week we stink. Up down up down. Nothing left to say, as I should have expected this. Typical inconstitent performance. I have to say one of the worst coached games I’ve seen overall though. And that’s saying something.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
At least we gave up 777 yards.

To God be the Glory!
By rtb72
BigRed1 wrote:I’m predicting that Auburn sets an NCAA record for total yards in a game when we play them.
Nope....this is liberty. We’ll beat Auburn and lose to freakin bid jobe university. Then we will keep Gill because hey.....we beat Auburn
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I recall reading somewhere this week, that Wimberly had put in some new stuff on defense, that "would work". 777 yards and 62 points later, he must have left it in Lynchburg.
By cruzan_flame13
rtb72 wrote:This is a true illustration of LU football under Gull. Last week we’re up, this week we stink. Up down up down. Nothing left to say, as I should have expected this. Typical inconstitent performance. I have to say one of the worst coached games I’ve seen overall though. And that’s saying something.

Watch it! Sounds like you are going personal here! You’re even mocking Gill’s name by calling him Gull!! ( just messing with you :D )
By BigRed1
rtb72 wrote:
BigRed1 wrote:I’m predicting that Auburn sets an NCAA record for total yards in a game when we play them.
Nope....this is liberty. We’ll beat Auburn and lose to freakin bid jobe university. Then we will keep Gill because hey.....we beat Auburn
Sadly you’re probably right.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I recall reading somewhere this week, that Wimberly had put in some new stuff on defense, that "would work". 777 yards and 62 points later, he must have left it in Lynchburg.
I saw that article as well. I can’t fathom how Wimbo keeps his job.
By cruzan_flame13
Liberty22 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I recall reading somewhere this week, that Wimberly had put in some new stuff on defense, that "would work". 777 yards and 62 points later, he must have left it in Lynchburg.
I saw that article as well. I can’t fathom how Wimbo keeps his job.
I can; it’s called being with Gill at another gig before LU and how Gill will not let him go even with poor performance.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:When you score 59, you should win. Then again when leading 45-31 in 4th quarter , you should win.
You are not wrong
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote:
Hey don’t forgot Gill was also a Heisman finalist once.
By tyndal23
We lucked our way in to a tie 1st half but still gave away 3 points at end of half that everyone watching us knew would bite us at ( caught a lot of breaks ) and coached our way out of a win in the 2nd half. High snap changed it from a 14 point win to a loss, BUT should never have been an OT game regardless.
Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]