Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By tyndal23
Great Article. What a coup to get Ian here. A local ( to me ) guy from Edmond, OK was one of Teaff’s best defensive players in the early/mid 80’s - Derrick Turner - he is now a HS coach and coaches a QB/Baseball dual player stud and recommending him to LU ( I know his mom well ). Wants to play both sports - I think he is better at baseball. Calyn Halvorson is his name.
By cruzan_flame13
tyndal23 wrote:Great Article. What a coup to get Ian here. A local ( to me ) guy from Edmond, OK was one of Teaff’s best defensive players in the early/mid 80’s - Derrick Turner - he is now a HS coach and coaches a QB/Baseball dual player stud and recommending him to LU ( I know his mom well ). Wants to play both sports - I think he is better at baseball. Calyn Halvorson is his name.
Keep us updated on this kid.
By Jonathan Carone
TH Spangler wrote:Might this guy be Gill's hand picked successor? Question only :dontgetit
"This guy" = Bookbinder?

He has a bright future ahead of him in coaching, but there are 4-5 guys on the staff more qualified than him to be a head coach at this point.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
TH Spangler wrote:Might this guy be Gill's hand picked successor? Question only :dontgetit
"This guy" = Bookbinder?

He has a bright future ahead of him in coaching, but there are 4-5 guys on the staff more qualified than him to be a head coach at this point.
I like the idea of working within the program for successors.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:
"This guy" = Bookbinder?

I like the idea of working within the program for successors.
No offense but this makes me glad you’re not making the call on our next head coach.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
22 wrote:No offense but this makes me glad you’re not making the call on our next head coach.
:lol: :wink:
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]