Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:
tyndal23 wrote:FYI - 2023 and 2024 - LU and ND both have multiple coinciding open dates - ND has tough SOS both years already, might be a good fit to invite us there for 1 off easy home win.
Don't tell them, but by then we will not be the cupcake they think :lol:
Good observation TH
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote:FYI - 2023 and 2024 - LU and ND both have multiple coinciding open dates - ND has tough SOS both years already, might be a good fit to invite us there for 1 off easy home win.
Not sure exactly where ND stands politically these days, or if that could be a factor against us. Don't let the fact that they are Catholic fool you. So is DePaul, and they are pretty much controlled by the SJWs on campus (banned Ben Shapiro from speaking there.) I don't think ND is that far left, but I'm not so sure the friendly relationship Doc had with their past leaders based on mutual respect and shared pro-life stances is a thing any more.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
Not sure exactly where ND stands politically these days, or if that could be a factor against us. Don't let the fact that they are Catholic fool you. So is DePaul, and they are pretty much controlled by the SJWs on campus (banned Ben Shapiro from speaking there.) I don't think ND is that far left, but I'm not so sure the friendly relationship Doc had with their past leaders based on mutual respect and shared pro-life stances is a thing any more.
I would say non factor, considering they have conservative speakers all the time.
By Class of 20Something
I would be interested if Jerry tries to shoe horn them to the right of our relationship develops. I think putting the school of divinity dead center of campus and backing Trump are both means to ensuring the school never veers left. Having an ally in another nationally recognized academic school could pay off in the future.

I'm probably reaching but considering the state of US politics, ND would be an invaluable companion in fighting government overreach.

I know this is a football thread, but football was established with the ulterior motive(no negative connotation intended) of furthering the kingdom. Jr may see political posturing as a means to that end.
By tyndal23
Per Ian it was one of the first calls he made - and that they were very open in working on getting us scheduled. FBS Schedules site only shows what has been announced so ND could very well be full those years already and just not announced.

Agreed Cruzan. Memphis just got $5 million a […]

New Mexico State

Crazy game, should have won it about an hour and a[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]