Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote:We're better off beating up on VMI or a more local FCS team, than Maine or Idaho State. I understand the short time frame they had for scheduling, but a VA/NC/SC FCS team not named JMU right now, would be best for Homecoming.
That’s not a bad idea actually
By Jonathan Carone
Purple Haize wrote:
LUOrange wrote:We're better off beating up on VMI or a more local FCS team, than Maine or Idaho State. I understand the short time frame they had for scheduling, but a VA/NC/SC FCS team not named JMU right now, would be best for Homecoming.
That’s not a bad idea actually
I think Hampton will be significantly higher attended next year than Maine for that reason, even though it isn't homecoming.
By jcrew4
Registration Days Posts
I guess I need to respond to those surveys. I'm not a fan of the 2pm games as I travel from Atlanta. Driving all night on Friday after work isn't fun and leaving at 6am to barely make game time on Saturday is rough. 3:30 would be great. 6pm even better.
flameshaw wrote:The 2:00 game time was started because the Flames Club and LU admin published a survey asking the season ticket holders (mostly), when they would prefer afternoon games to start.
I for one, travel 3 hours each way and much prefer the 2:00 starting time.
IMHO the reason that some are not supporting the program is because we haven't improved the product in last several years, we play very inconsistent football and the coaching staff is incapable of bringing any excitement or spirit to the program.
Winning and a charismatic HC/staff can fix the problem. In addition our game atmosphere is sorely lacking. The band is horrible and the same music is played over the sound system, at all of the games. We also need some kind of unique tradition before the game like a lot of schools, ie. Auburn's eagle, Colorado's buffalo, Oklahoma's wagon, Ohio State's dotting the I, Carolina's pacifier, etc.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Youll get a ton of fans/alumni from the 757 for that Hampton game. My Friday night boss/host is the PxP broadcaster for them on Hampton's radio station
By LUDad
I realize tight schedule windows factored in on playing two fcs teams in 2019 but we have nothing to gain and a lot to lose bowl wise if we schedule more than one fcs team a year from here on out.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]