Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By TexanMark
Hey Liberty fans

I'm thinking about bringing a group of Cuse fans to the game next fall. Really excited to see your newly expanded stadium. I hope for a fairly big group of 100 fans but I'm doing my due diligence. A couple questions.

1. Does Liberty support Group Sales of tickets?

Also, I read your rules on the consumption of alcohol.

2. Is alcohol strictly off-limits for visiting fans or do they look the other way as long as you are well behaved?

BTW, I'll make a plug for you guys coming up to Syracuse. Great time to visit in September and an easy drive up I-81. Be sure to take a few extra days to see things like the Finger Lakes, 1000 Islands, Cooperstown and Niagara Falls.

Good luck in '18...

BTW, the best Syracuse Fan Board is independent like ASOR

http://www.syracusefan.com

Feel free to come over we have quite a few visiting fans post.
Last edited by TexanMark on October 15th, 2018, 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
I don't know how its been the past few years but I when I was there the opposing fans brought alcohol all the time. most were pretty respectful about it keeping it in cups and out of actual sight. I don't think its ever been a problem. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Welcome!
Group sales are through the Ticket Office, just call 434-582-SEAT (7328) and speak to either Lincoln Evans or Taylor McGee or any other sales consultant when tickets for 2019 go on sale
By LUOrange
As long as you're not obnoxious and/or obviously intoxicated, you should be fine.

Our Orangemen disappointed us vs Clemson and Pitt, but we're still having a good year considering years past. I plan on seeing them at Wake this year, and then making the trips home to the Dome in 2020 & 2021.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Good to see so many fans coming over and posting over here. I love it.

I believe LU does group sales but the ticket office would be the best place to go for more info on that. (866) 447-2084 (Toll-free) or tickets@liberty.edu

As far as alcoholic beverages are concerned I am sure the official stance is a strict "No" but people have been drinking at tailgates for years now but are just discrete about it and don't get crazy or anything.

**EDIT**

completely missed that BJ already gave you the contact info...so now you have it twice! haha
By willflop
This is the verbiage from the fan guide
When attending an event, you are required to refrain from following behaviors:
• Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, or illegal in nature.
Intoxication or other signs of impairment that results in irresponsible behavior.
I'm no lawyer, but there's a lot of room in that statement to allow responsible drinking.
By willflop
willflop wrote:This is the verbiage from the fan guide
Intoxication or other signs of impairment that results in irresponsible behavior.
I'm no lawyer, but there's a lot of room in that statement to allow responsible drinking.
Edit: Well nevermind, found this later in in the guide: Liberty prohibits alcohol on campus.

The paper guide I received in the mail mail only had the original quote. I'd go with solo cups just to be on the down low.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
willflop wrote:
willflop wrote:This is the verbiage from the fan guide
Edit: Well nevermind, found this later in in the guide: Liberty prohibits alcohol on campus.

The paper guide I received in the mail mail only had the original quote. I'd go with solo cups just to be on the down low.
Is the grass area next to the Extended Stay "on campus"? That's a popular tailgate spot.
By TexanMark
Thanks for the responses. It might be easiest to make it a smaller group. Easier to keep an eye on folks.

I'll keep you posted. My other option is the Maryland game a week later. Liberty seems like a much nicer location than College Park.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
My opinion on drinking is: anyone caught with alcohol beverages on campus, should be banned from campus for life.

Question for Syracusefan: How many fans will the Orange bring to Lynchburg ?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote:a friend told me that solo cups are the way to go and as long you are not acting like the Bills Mafia you will be fine.
HEY!!! What’s wrong with Bill’s Mafia?!?!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:My opinion on drinking is: anyone caught with alcohol beverages on campus, should be banned from campus for life.

Moral of the Story: Don’t get caught.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:My opinion on drinking is: anyone caught with alcohol beverages on campus, should be banned from campus for life.

What would you have done to the woman caught in adultery?
Liberty22 wrote:

What would you have done to the woman caught in adultery?
Liberty has been ironically tough on this issue with the God Parent Home on campus.
By TexanMark
Bumping this thread.

Is this the grassy lot by the extended stay: https://www.google.com/maps/@37.3562678 ... 312!8i6656

Is it free to park? Are visiting fans welcomed? Does the lot have a name?

My group will be 55 fans strong. I already cut off requests. I have a bigger tailgate the following week at Maryland to plan too so I wanted to limit this one.

If tickets are readily available we should bring 1000 fans....but 1500 is a possibility. Labor Day weekend is tough as it is the last week of summer for many and folks with lake houses are doing that.
TexanMark wrote:Bumping this thread.

Is this the grassy lot by the extended stay: https://www.google.com/maps/@37.3562678 ... 312!8i6656

My group will be 55 fans strong. I already cut off requests. I have a bigger tailgate the following week at Maryland to plan too so I wanted to limit this one.

If tickets are readily available we should bring 1000 fans....but 1500 is a possibility. Labor Day weekend is tough as it is the last week of summer for many and folks with lake houses are doing that.
I love this so much. I really do hope this game wakes up the folks on the fence about season tickets. 5-10% of the stadium as visiting fans from SYRACUSE should give us an idea of how far we have to go to hold our own when UVA and VT come to town.

Welcome to the burg.

That lot should be free and first come first served. You can verify with the Flames Club or LUPD.
By LUAlum1215
Class of 20Something wrote:
TexanMark wrote:Bumping this thread.

I love this so much. I really do hope this game wakes up the folks on the fence about season tickets. 5-10% of the stadium as visiting fans from SYRACUSE should give us an idea of how far we have to go to hold our own when UVA and VT come to town.

Welcome to the burg.

That lot should be free and first come first served. You can verify with the Flames Club or LUPD.
That field has always been free and first come, first serve basis. I haven’t heard of plans for that to change as it’s not intended to be a parking or tailgating lot, it just happens that’s where a lot of people go.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Congress, and everything else in D.C., is a corpor[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]