Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Bring your discussion of the game here of the biggest victory in Williams Stadium history! That snaps Troy's 7-game road win streak.

By Dalegarz1
Found a way to beat a very good team. I must admit I expected our defense to fold in the fourth quarter. Excellent defensive efforts! Now let's find a punter, get AGG back and keep this train rolling. Proud to be a Flames fan today!
By cruzan_flame13
I’m surprised and had a good time chatting about the game with the lady sitting next to me. Still, I am not convinced of keep Gill and staff however let’s enjoy the win for tonight.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Going to give credit where it's due... Wimberly and the defense, what a performance. He had them well prepared and he coached a great game with well timed blitzes. I don't know why he didn't do that against NMSU.

I'm just shocked on what I witnessed. I still hate the playcalling by this staff. We're lucky we came out with the win.

Props to Buck, with the amount of injuries with the WR's he came through.
By cruzan_flame13
ballah09 wrote:Going to give credit to Wimberly and the defense. He had them well prepared and he coached a well game with well timed blitzes. I don't know why he didn't do that against NMSU.

I'm just shocked on what I witnessed. I still hate the playcalling by this staff. We're lucky we came out with the win.

Props to Buck, with the amount of injuries with the WR's he came through.
I’ll have to agree with that. Didn’t know AGG had mono, so I need to give Buckshot some credit. Defense did pretty good today and I’m glad the boys defeated a good team.
By Jonathan Carone
This has the makings to be our biggest win ever. A lot will be determined by how good Troy actually is with this quarterback.

From what I was able to watch, Wimbo called a really good game. He was in the booth instead of on the sideline, so that’s a positive change and improvement.

I saw a couple things that concerned me but we can talk about that later this week. Now is the time for congratulations and celebration.
By LUDad
What is so amazing is that LU came from BEHIND to win in the 4th qtr against a team bordering on top 25 BCS.
By cruzan_flame13
For everyone who picked LU to win the game, I just want to give you props in believing in the guys this afternoon. As I said before, I had blast today and the guys didn’t give up. Lots of respect for the players and a thumbs up to Wimberley with some improvements.
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
Great job defense! Wimberley did a great job getting them ready. Total team effort. Next man up. Buckshot stuck with it and made some big plays in the second half. Good job by our backs, offensive line and receivers.
3-3 not too shabby.

Looked like most of the students stayed.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Damien is doing a bangup job in covering the Flames this season. I love these two pics he just posted on Twitter:

The lockerroom celebration vids everyone is posting on Twitter are awesome as well.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Definitely digging being wrong on this one. Idaho State is a half game back of 1st in the Big Sky heading into tonight so definitely could do some armchair evaluation tonight after work
By tyndal23
Huge Win !!! Congrats Wimbo - U backed up the talk and D played with Hair on Fire !!!! Buckshot U Started slow and kept hanging in with new receivers after a late AGG scratch - Running Backs ran hard for tough yardage -Great Team Win against a top 30 opponent - Proud of the team. Don’t get cockey and practice hard all next week for a good team coming in trying to upset Homecoming. Gill - Nice Work this week, stay mad and keep grinding - I like you with a chip on your shoulder - Motivate this team to keep playing up to talent level...
By Jonathan Carone
TH Spangler wrote:Gameballs go to Gill and Wimberly! :football :football
Nah. Game ball goes to Mrs. Tracie Wimberly for convincing Wimbo to go to the booth. That’s the best coaching decision we’ve had all year.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
One of the best wins at home. Loved being there for fall football weather. With family in Alabama, this has been a game I’ve been looking forward to for awhile. #GoFlames!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I agree with Sly: biggest home win in LU history. Troy was 5-1 and undefeated in the Sun Belt, with wins over Nebraska and Coastal and only lost to Boise State, before us.

Bigger than the ODU win; and probably bigger than the away win at Baylor last year.

I especially loved the going for 2 play with our RB throwing a pass for the score and running the wildcat several times
By tyndal23
I played on the team that beat Troy ( State ) in 92 and handed them their only loss on the season that year. People don’t remember they were ranked very high at the time, I think as high as 4, but I believe they were transitioning in to IAA that year and went on to go to Semi finals in 93. I kept trying to find old records when everyone kept saying Montana was highest rated team to visit Lynchburg - so maybe I am wrong, but I could have sworn they were top 10 when we played them. Regardless - Eastern Michigan was # 26 in 89 when LU beat them - ( then went on a downward spiral ) Baylor unranked but a P5 and national news - but after their record - Troy might very well be the best team LU has beaten. Every week I am Impressed that our 1st string hangs tough and looks the part this year - depth has been an issue as expected on D but for a 2nd year FCS transition team ( that found out way way way late ( after signing day ) that we would transition that calendar year - really impressed with the caliber of athletes we have on the field. We are not far off from being a scary to schedule team for P5 opponents on a regular basis - I really thought Troy would blow us off the ball on both sides of LOC - that didn’t happen. Congrats Teaam - keep it going
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
TH Spangler wrote:Gameballs go to Gill and Wimberly! :football :football
Nah. Game ball goes to Mrs. Tracie Wimberly for convincing Wimbo to go to the booth. That’s the best coaching decision we’ve had all year.
Sometimes the smallest changes pay the biggest dividends in coaching
Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point[…]

Longwood

Liberty heads east down 460 today for a game at Lo[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Week #4 Top Performers - Runs - Gatorbait 49 HR[…]