Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote:It does seem odd to me that attendance was only 16K and GA was sold out. Are there 8K+ unsold reserved seats in inventory?
Don't know, but...

We have always purchased "Flame's Kid Club" memberships for our boys. I think it is something like $35 for the first kid, $20 for each other. With the new seating this presented a problem. We wanted to be in cheap RESERVED (Baptist Side) seating, but our kids had admission to GA "East Side." I lobbied for allowing an "upgrade fee" so that we could sit where we wanted to without having to purchase tickets at full price for everyone. It was shot down... until the Monday before the first game of the season. I received a phone call allowing me to switch my GA tickets to "reserved" ones, and paying an upgrade fee for the boys. In the end, I was very happy, but the process was awful. I hope we can do the same thing next year, but from the get go.

They certainly need to do a better job converting families like ours to the Baptist side.
By Jonathan Carone
Back on the topic of Troy:

They were 77 in the FPI when they played us. After our game they dropped back to 87 and are at 84 after last night. They'll probably move up a little bit once everyone else plays this weekend. They have a legit shot at finishing 9-3 and if that happens, then all the accolades about this game will prove true.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote:This was more of a communication issue. My son did not have the cash with him or he would have paid for the reserved seats. The other group spent 30 minutes trying to check with others because they thought there were other tickets available from season ticket holders. They have the money and could have spent it, but after time had passed, they decided against it. They thought that there would be GA tickets available. It does seem odd to me that attendance was only 16K and GA was sold out. Are there 8K+ unsold reserved seats in inventory?

My point was not about these individuals not getting into the game, I just wondered how may others may have thought there would be GA tickets available. Is this the first game that GA has sold out since the expansion?
It’s ONLY $25. I’m not sorry that I can’t garner any sympathy. If they had the money, spend it. If they didn’t then don’t. But don’t complain about a measly $25 ticket to a FBS football game.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
My intent of this post is being lost. I'm jetlagged and getting about 3 hours of sleep each night. I'm not complaining and they weren't either. I am just aware that it happened. However, I am still curious to know if we have 8K + unsold reserved tickets in inventory.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
There were empty seats on east side in upper deck in general admission. I brought a GA ticket late Friday online. I got senior and/or military rate, 15.00
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
How do they account for the kids that come in via the Flames Kids Club? I know by default those kids go to General Admission unless they upgrade.
By Jonathan Carone
SumItUp wrote:My intent of this post is being lost. I'm jetlagged and getting about 3 hours of sleep each night. I'm not complaining and they weren't either. I am just aware that it happened. However, I am still curious to know if we have 8K + unsold reserved tickets in inventory.
From the pictures I saw and the crowd shots of the game, there was a ton of empty seats in the upper deck of the Baptist side.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Cost wasn't the issue. Expectations vs reality was the issue.
But you still buy the tickets. It’s not like you thought you were paying $15 but only had $150 tickets available
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:Cost wasn't the issue. Expectations vs reality was the issue.
But you still buy the tickets. It’s not like you thought you were paying $15 but only had $150 tickets available
I don't know how much research was done but I will say in the past, I think homecoming tickets were only $5 for alumni GA. So let's say I have a family of five and I budget $5 each for tickets and I get there and expect to pay $25 but instead have to pay $125, that might break the bank for some families. I could understand that. That being said, I'm a chronic researcher so I never show up anywhere without knowing exactly what I'm paying or getting my tickets ahead of time. I could see it happening though.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Homecoming tickets were $10 but you had to use an online promo code for it. I don't know if they had people there to facilitate in person though
By rtb72
Yacht Rock wrote:How do they account for the kids that come in via the Flames Kids Club? I know by default those kids go to General Admission unless they upgrade.
My two that are young enough to still be members of FKC get a single card that is used for each game. So I guess the card equates to two season GA tickets for the six home games. I guess we sort of mess things up, because I buy them season tickets for premium seats as well. This allows us to bring friends or the kids can sit with us if no one else comes. Of course, all my kids prefer to sit with my nephew and his buddies on the student side and be right in the middle of the "fun". They think us old folks on the Baptist side are a bit to passive.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Wanted to circle back to this:

Troy finished 9-3 and second in the Sun Belt.

This win was as big as the kool aid drinkers were saying.
The Troy win does indeed look pretty good, now that the year is over. On the other hand our ODU win doesn't look as good as it did after week 1. They ended up 4-8.
By Ewglenn
flameshaw wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:Wanted to circle back to this:

Troy finished 9-3 and second in the Sun Belt.

This win was as big as the kool aid drinkers were saying.
The Troy win does indeed look pretty good, now that the year is over. On the other hand our ODU win doesn't look as good as it did after week 1. They ended up 4-8.
I would say the majority of us didn’t expect ODU to get 4 wins after week one.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
BUMP

Anybody notice that the team we BEAT is in a bowl game tonight?

Troy vs. Buffalo on ESPN at 7:00

Don't we play Buffalo next year? Ballcoach should do some scouting of the team tonight.

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Some statistics

Our RPI is quite a bit higher than those rankings.[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?

G5 Playoff Only

We DO NOT want this. This is Division 1AA all ove[…]