Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Hopefully we beat Idaho State.

#fcsready
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
No more nasty emails to Ryan McGee. He was right.
By cruzan_flame13
With the money that we pay the coach and staff, shall we continue another extension for 1-5 years? I mean he’s a great guys and all so why not?
By Jonathan Carone
Class of 20Something wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:Idaho State is coming in 4-1. I’m not saying we lose next week. But I’m not saying I’d be surprised if we did.
Troy is next
I edited it as you were typing that once I realized that.
By Old Red
Gonna be fun to watch this D against Troy next week.
I won’t be surprised to see a student exodus after the first half.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
ALAFlamesFan wrote:No more nasty emails to Ryan McGee. He was right.
Also, next defensive player to celebrate after a routine tackle gets his scholarship pulled. No one gets to celebrate until we finish the game and the unit holds the other team to under 20 points.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
In all seriousness. Its very close to the point where we dont show up as a fan base. 5k on tv would ensure a change is made.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Hard to believe you can play that poorly and still be in a game with under a minute to play. They blew through our OL all night.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
We give up almost 600 yards on defense again. Embarrassing. It wasn't the weather, it wasn't the altitude, it wasn't the travel, it wasn't the offense's fault, it was just an all around turd of a game. We were out-played, out-coached and worst of all, showed very little fight/enthusiasm.
By bdussault
Registration Days
I love it when our DBs celebrate when the opposing QB overshoots the wide open receiver by 5 yards. Like they did something.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
As I said in an earlier post, "I have no words for the defense." However, lack of 3rd down conversions and our 2 TO's were the difference in the game. Both times we turned the ball over we were moving the ball down the field and I think we would have gotten points and New Mexico State converted those TO's into TD's like your supposed to do.

For the record, the offensive gameplan aside from a couple head-scratchers was REALLY good. I don't know why we didn't try and blitz more from the corner position or bring a few extra linebacker blitzes into the gameplan. Overall disappointed in the loss but lets give credit to Adkins the NMSU qb. He has started the last 2 games and played with poise. Their offense is significantly better with him at qb.
By Jonathan Carone
jinxy wrote:In all seriousness. Its very close to the point where we dont show up as a fan base. 5k on tv would ensure a change is made.
I've wondered where the tipping point for students would be. We dropped down to 14,600 last year after that three game skid. Bounced back to 18k to end the season but had a noticeable drop.

In 2016, we dropped to 11,000 after starting 1-3.

Does the dip happen next week? Or can we sustain next week and homecoming? It'll definitely be a huge drop for NMSU and NSU.
By cruzan_flame13
Leave Gill alone!!!(hopefully someone knows the reference that I’m using there). In all seriousness, we really shouldn’t be surprised with what occurred tonight. If Gill and staff is still around for next season, my trust for McCaw will drop tremendously.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:Idaho State is coming in 4-1. I’m not saying we lose next week. But I’m not saying I’d be surprised if we did.
Troy is next
There’s a reason I skipped over it :)
By Ewglenn
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:As I said in an earlier post, "I have no words for the defense." However, lack of 3rd down conversions and our 2 TO's were the difference in the game. Both times we turned the ball over we were moving the ball down the field and I think we would have gotten points and New Mexico State converted those TO's into TD's like your supposed to do.

For the record, the offensive gameplan aside from a couple head-scratchers was REALLY good. I don't know why we didn't try and blitz more from the corner position or bring a few extra linebacker blitzes into the gameplan. Overall disappointed in the loss but lets give credit to Adkins the NMSU qb. He has started the last 2 games and played with poise. Their offense is significantly better with him at qb.
Please don’t make excuses
Election 2022 and 2024

A congresswoman from a blue state gets you nothi[…]

Some statistics

Sometimes coaches will try to implement a philosop[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution,[…]

DOE Report

Gotta love presidential election season :roll: