Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
New Mexico State University
Las Cruces, New Mexico

NMSU Football Official Site

Crimson Country Message Board

ImageImage
Aggie Memorial Stadium
Opened in 1978 - Seats 30,343

Doug Martin
6th Season as NMSU Head Coach

2018 Schedule/Results
  • AUG 25 - WYOMING ............................................................ L 7-29
    AUG 30 - @ MINNESOTA ..................................................... L 10-48
    SEP 08 - UTAH STATE ......................................................... L 13-60
    SEP 15 - NEW MEXICO ........................................................ L 25-42
    SEP 22 - UTEP ................................................................... W 27-20
    OCT 06 - LIBERTY (HOMECOMING)
    OCT 13 - LOUISIANA-LAFAYETTE
    OCT 20 - GEORGIA SOUTHERN
    OCT 27 - @ TEXAS STATE
    NOV 03 - ALCORN STATE
    NOV 17 - @ BYU
    NOV 24 - @ LIBERTY

Key Players
    #14 Josh Adkins
    6' 2" 218 lbs Redshirt Freshman Quarterback
    In 3 Games Played: 23-of-42 (54.8%) for 334 Yds with 2 TDs & 2 INTs + 22 Carries for 37 Yds

#25 Christian Gibson
    6' 1" 210 lbs Senior Running Back
    Thru 5 Games: 24 Carries for 170 Yds (7.1 YPC)

#13 Johnathan Boone
    6' 3" 190 lbs Senior Receiver (JUCO Transfer)
    Thru 5 Games: 20 Catches for 247 Yds (12.4 YPC) with 1 TD

#23 Ron LaForce
    6' 1" 180 lbs Senior Safety (JUCO Transfer)
    Thru 5 Games: Team-Leading 57 Tackles

#2 Terrill Hanks
    6' 3" 235 lbs Senior Linebacker
    In 4 Games Played: 54 Tackles including 4 for Loss + 1 INT + 1 Forced Fumble + 1 Fumble Recovery

#7 Javahan Furgurson
    6' 1" 224 lbs Junior Linebacker
    In 3 Games: 54 Tackles including 3.5 Sacks
By willflop
Elevation is 3900 vs. 5300 in Albuquerque, not sure how much that decrease will help, but hopefully it will. Also, since it's a 6pm kickoff, 8pm eastern, we'll escape two hours of the heat, with a 6:45 sunset, vs. the 4pm kickoff in Albuquerque. Early forecast high of 87 down to 79 by 7pm.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The elevation change should certainly be in our favor. The forecast for Sunday is Sunny and an arid high of 89 is pretty close to perfect for those of us living down here in the Southwest. Wish I could pull off the trip but it just doesn't work logistically for me even though Las Cruces (The Crosses en Espanol) is relatively close to the Texas state line. It just happens to be the wrong side of an exceptionally large state.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
willflop wrote:Elevation is 3900 vs. 5300 in Albuquerque, not sure how much that decrease will help, but hopefully it will. Also, since it's a 6pm kickoff, 8pm eastern, we'll escape two hours of the heat, with a 6:45 sunset, vs. the 4pm kickoff in Albuquerque. Early forecast high of 87 down to 79 by 7pm.
Beat me to it willflop. Between the later start, lower altitude and what i´m sure will be additional precautions with hydration, I highly doubt we will have a repeat of last nights second half issues. If we come in with the proper mind set, I like our chances in this one. Players and coaches cannot give a single thought to the results of the last 2 weeks. They mean nothing.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
willflop wrote:Elevation is 3900 vs. 5300 in Albuquerque, not sure how much that decrease will help, but hopefully it will. Also, since it's a 6pm kickoff, 8pm eastern, we'll escape two hours of the heat, with a 6:45 sunset, vs. the 4pm kickoff in Albuquerque. Early forecast high of 87 down to 79 by 7pm.
They just need to go up on the parkway and do workouts on top of Apple Orchard Mountain.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Here's a story from last week coming off their win over their neighboring rivals from UTEP:
Las Cruces (NM) Sun News wrote:New Mexico State enters open week after much needed win

Jason Groves, Las Cruces Sun-News
Published 2:15 p.m. MT Sept. 24, 2018 | Updated 4:28 p.m. MT Sept. 24, 2018

LAS CRUCES - The first of two open weeks couldn't have come at a better time for the New Mexico State football team.

The Aggies are 1-4 after beating UTEP 27-20 on Saturday and beating the Miners in the Sun Bowl for the first time since 2008.

Those are significant accomplishments the Aggies can reflect on later. For now, the open week gives time for the Aggies to heal and try to build upon a solid, but not overly impressive, offensive performance.
Click Here for Full Story
By willflop
Class of 20Something wrote:
BuryYourDuke wrote:Also appears to be on Fox College Sports if you get that channel.
Anyone know if any of the cord cutter streaming services carry this?
Looks like the Hulu package I have allows me to log in.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Im gonna need a new clock radio for this one because I am having issues with the Liberty Today app and getting the audio stream
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]

LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

To suggest Cleveland won't start is pretty ignoran[…]