Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By willflop
jack_sparrow81 wrote:Y'all are kidding about them having to travel back to the burg and back to Las Cruces Thursday or Friday? Didn't we have a back to back game in the Karcher era against UCF and USF when we stayed in FL the whole week?
I saw a tweet that they got back in around 3am. If you are chartering a flight, I can't imagine and extra hour or two in the air really matters.
By CCWMichael
It is a win.
A very, very win.
Not how I would draw it up but we will all take it.
No video so I will hold my nitpicking.
I will pick on whoever "I heard in the broadcast" stated wide open offenses are the new NCAA and offenses of the past are out.
Maybe for poor collegiate teams that aree unable to run the ball and know secondaries are week.
Given that, look at all the major programs that win consitently ... they are not wide open.
Solid run games, good secondaries and aggressive defenses and the programs thatt are building more pro athletes than others.
The spread -- run and gun, or whatever is a compensation for lack of other things.
If we had a run game we could control the clock and so on ....
Alright ... I'll get off my soap box.
We won ... still riding with Gill ... not very, very but wins count!
We did win one that certainly felt like was going to get way from us.
Next week we should take!
We must! UMass, Troy, Virginia, Auburn will not be anywhere near easy ... although I just have a feeling we will dump the yahoo wahoooooos.
LIGHT E'M UP
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
flameshaw wrote:First, good win, not expected.
Two quarters of fury.
Giving up 580 yards on defense and almost 8 yards per play is horrible. On the positive side, we finally put some pressure on the QB and got a couple of turnovers.
From a person who has traveled over a million miles with one airline and close to that on others, travel related issues are way overrated. Especially with just a two hour time difference. Altitude is a fair argument. I wonder why we didn't leave a day earlier to adjust more effectively? Not sure that was an available option.
From what I know about it, an extra day at altitude would not have been significant. It would take a week or more to make much difference, and even then the guys who live there year round would still have an advantage.

Not to nitpick, but Isaac Steele alone had a ¨couple¨of turnovers. The defense had 4, and it was the difference in the game.
He is never happy. And his opinion is superior to all others. Just how to his awesomeness of how to coach and how College kids adjust and your knowledge will increase exponentially :D
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Some of you are acting like New Mexico is somewhere in the Asia-Pacific region. It is not that big of a deal. Sleeping in a random hotel in the desert for a week away from the interaction of the college routine would be more disruptive IMHO.

SumItUp - You driving or flying? The repeal of the Wright Ammendment had massively negative impact on flights in and out of El Paso making it impractical this weekend from Houston.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I was surprised we came back to Lynchburg. I figured we would stay out there for NM State game.
Well, this is the week of Fall Break, but a lot of professors give exams before students leave. Study
By pca0711
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I was surprised we came back to Lynchburg. I figured we would stay out there for NM State game.
Well, this is the week of Fall Break, but a lot of professors give exams before students leave. Study
It is about Compliance more than anything else is my understanding.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Well, this is the week of Fall Break, but a lot of JERKY professors give exams before students leave. Study
FIFY :D
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
And they are flying a charter plane so I would imagine it is pretty comfortable and not much difference then what some bus trips are.
By Jonathan Carone
thepostman wrote:And they are flying a charter plane so I would imagine it is pretty comfortable and not much difference then what some bus trips are.
It's easier than the bus trips.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
thepostman wrote:And they are flying a charter plane so I would imagine it is pretty comfortable and not much difference then what some bus trips are.
It's easier than the bus trips.
Amen!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Here's a number you didn't mention ASOR: 3.

That is the number of 50+ point games we have had against FBS opponents. Two of them were decided by less than 10 points. The third was ODU.
By Class of 20Something
ESPN is showing Liberty players now. Buckshot is #20 in FBS in Passing Yards. Buckshot is 5 percentage points below the next worst completion percentage in the top 20.

Alves is ranked #122 of 122 qualified punting average.

If the new players picks up on the pack line defen[…]

Longwood

Liberty wins 9-3. Roupe 2 homers, 4 RBI. Jesse hom[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution, Loui[…]